• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Herlo! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Samson

no, i don't know milk drink
Years
  • thanks, man. seriously, i'm probably not as good as you are conceptually because i use photoshop. photoshop is so much easier for scratch work.

anywho, i did this for the sprite contest just now and decided to show it here since it is from scratch:

it's dinol!! you all remember dinol, right? ^.^

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    Woah, you've improved a lot, your newest pixel art is lovely. It';s nice to see that you've broken the habit of using too many colours :D

Samson

Years
  • thanks vaati! yah... not a very good habit...

anywho, here's another sprite. it's spinda's evo:

Panden (Normal). spinda's stats all go up to 80, except HP, which goes up to 120. has same moveset as spinda, but it learns body slam, endure, and rest in addition.

me likey

Years
    • Seen Oct 8, 2010
    All of tthe fakemons are good,i like your style,all of them are good but i don't like to much Glaceon is rare Lol huh and i like ludvisk's evo is cool xD

Samson

Years
  • thanks you two! and qwerty: just try it. draw an idea, then try spriting it. just don't expect yourself to get good in a day. it takes a lot of time to sprite.

ok, well here's a sprite i'm not too happy with (because it isn't cute enough =/), but am quite happy with the concept:

Racoodo... the raccoon. type is dark/psychic. it's basically a theft poke, so it learns snatch, confusion, transport, and theif. it has an evo i finished spriting, but it's exclusive for Chaos Black.

Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2023
    That looks pretty nice Samson.

However, the shoulder's seem too thin ... or maybe it's the neck.

Samson

Years
  • thanks, folks. and ray.z: yah, it's those dang whiskers. i didn't want them to make it's neck area seem any thinner than it is, but i didn't want to have to make them extremely long.

here's another... evo of the D/P plasma poke, which i randomly named Xenith:

name is Xenother. it's an electric current type poke.

here's "xenith" btw:

it's the official D/P sprite, with just a few outlining adjustments.

Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2023
    Nice work there Samson. Uhh, the head looks like it is out of shape ... but I dunno what it's meant to be like, so yeah :P

Anywho, it's a good design (I like how you used the electricity to form to hands), and it does seem like a suitable evo.

Keep it up.

Goatman56

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 21, 2019
    Awesome your recent sprites and pixel arts are just wonderful. Ectorzorb is the awesomeness, I just love it :D.

ProtrainerEon

Ultimate Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2021
    Racoodo is nice. It should definitely be real! XD

When spriting, I can't figure out something. Is it all right to PM you about it, Samson?

:\

Samson

Years
  • thanks all! 64: i sprite them by scratch on photoshop and sometimes paint. protrainer: sure, feel free. though i'm not very experienced in spriting alone... been spriting for only half a year. many people here might be able to give you a lot more criticism. captain jack: well, maybe. it all depends on how much it's worth spriting. ask me, and if i'm up to it, i'll get it done.

ok, here's another.

it's a "D/P example" of a jynx evo. name is Vuduv. it's quite basic and unchanging from it's previous stage, but i figured to make it that way since magmar and electabuzz's evos are the same way. i might resize it for GBA limits, but i don't think it's necessary.

Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2023
    Looks as good as always Samson. You're right in saying that it does bear a lot of resemblance to Jynx, but you have made it distinct enough so it looks different.

However, it's facing the front - did you do that on purpose? Cause, as you would know, the sprites are on more of an angle.

Keep it up.

zak

xpert trainer
    Years
  • wow

thanks all! 64: i sprite them by scratch on photoshop and sometimes paint. protrainer: sure, feel free. though i'm not very experienced in spriting alone... been spriting for only half a year. many people here might be able to give you a lot more criticism. captain jack: well, maybe. it all depends on how much it's worth spriting. ask me, and if i'm up to it, i'll get it done.

ok, here's another.

it's a "D/P example" of a jynx evo. name is Vuduv. it's quite basic and unchanging from it's previous stage, but i figured to make it that way since magmar and electabuzz's evos are the same way. i might resize it for GBA limits, but i don't think it's necessary.

your sprites are amazing man , that jynx evo is really amazing cant wait to see more of your sprites.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back