• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Herlo! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

darthjarjar

Pixel Artist
    Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2010
    Pretty good, their ideas behind them were well thought, some look futuristic though, not something i would see around this time period.
    and the ice eevee nevermeltice level up idea is good, makes me wonder why gamefreak used such weird ideas such as level up at ice rock :/

good job on these though, im impressed.

Samson

no, i don't know milk drink
    Years
    thanks folks!

it's been a while. i've had my backsprites (120 of them!! o_O) completed for a while now, and i still have to do some for Enix's fakemon, but i took a little hiatus to try to recuperate my spriting ability.

i'm on a downward spriting slope =(. i'm not a real spriter... i wish i knew how to select the perfect shades of colors. my shading and outlining is just wack. how does one sell their soul to the devil for spriting? XDDD

anywho, i've gotten better at designing concepts on paper, but my spriting just straight up sucks. i feel like my designs deserve better spriting XD

for example, here are some sprites i made recently:

Titaneon

worst sprite EVAR

then i started making this line:

Skarabif, Mantibif and Himagos

the colors are just ghey and himagos has the ugliest stance EVAR. i completely ruined their sketches and concepts =(. if you can't tell, skarabif is a scarab (or dung beetle), mantibif is a praying mantis, and himagos is a carnivorous instectadragon thingie. i seriously tried all kinds of colors and stances for this set and i just couldn't make them any better. what a waste of time ._.

i have about 15 more concepts i want to finish spriting but i don't want to ruin them like i did with these =/

----------------------------------------------------
    on the other side of the complaining, here's another public gift:

Amorswan's backsprite!! to think... that was like less than two months ago having sprited it. =/

Captain Arcane

spoon full o'peanut butter
    Years
    Cool, the Evo line is awsome, I really like the last evo, uh....hehe, that Titaneon is.....bad. -_- Sorry, I feel bad forsaying that.

Samson

Years
    XD don't feel bad at all! i completely agree with you... 'TIS CRAP. and thanks...but i have some bad news.

i edited it a bit. i think it looks a lot better now. you?

BlueEew

PokeProject - GO!
    Years
    Wow, amazing. Your sprites are brilliant. I like your concepts and ideas, and you have scratched them beautifully.

Years
    • Seen Sep 2, 2007
    Yayz, you're finally posting fakes again ^^ I like the sprites, I have some comments, though. For Titaneon, nice fake and nice concept. His pose is just a bit weird and I'm sure that it will look even better in an other pose. His tail's also a bit weird.
    The evo line is ok. I think you should use and edit colours of pokemon sprites for your fakemon, it may look better. Btw, the edited version of the second evolution is great. Good job on them.

Frazzler

Developing Creativity
    Years
    Wow, these deserve a run-down =]

Amorswan - Very pokemon-esque. The colouring is just right.

Dinol - Doesn't strike me as very pokemon like. His facial features mostly, despite that, it's a very well constructed sprite.

Xymitarn - It has very large claws for a pokemon based on a panther, maybe a panda. Also, its stance makes me think its had an accident and doesn't know what to do about it. Again the facial features don't strike me as pokemon-esque, maybe make it less detailed, and fiddle around with the eyes a bit. Although, the construction, once again is flawless

The two concepts. Um, don't look too good compared to the rest. Maybe a bit small?

Chimaeo - I like this, well detailed, lovely concept. The flowing parts are done brilliantly.

Osculates - Its nice, clearly tell what its supposed to be. Its neck is slightly long… on second thought, is that just me?

Botaneon - Not too keen on this one personally. Odd eyes and the petals on the tail seem to come from the back of the tail. If that makes any sense.

Glacion - Nice flowing parts. Still don't like the eyes but overall nicer than the last one.

Panden - Another more realistic animal face. Looks a bit odd to me. The rest of it is very pokemon esque. Nice and simple, nice colours and again, able to tell its spindas evo.

Racoodo - The face, especially the muzzle is a tad skinny maybe? Make it abit fatter and prominent. Also, I feel the tail becomes thin too quickly before it attatches to the pokemon. Colour schemes awesome as is the idea of a racoon pokemon.

Xenother - Wow. Just wow. I really love this one. So awesome, no confusion over whos intended evo it is. Maybe just shading on the bottom of the blue banding? That's all, if anything. Love eet!

Wesul - Over-all, nice, very nice. Gets the animal face just right. The colour scheme drifts abit, but not overly. I like this a lot.

Elagliss - Really nice idea, the ears are soo cool! Not keen on the big eyes, and the goggles on top seem awkward… The feet seemed odd at first, but I like 'em now.

Leckle - Simple and cute, nothing bad here. Love it again.

Trotter - This one is just phenomenal. So well executed. The concept is just. WOW. The pose is awesome also.

Maw aid - Sorta looks like its stuck in a treasure chest. Not keen on concept, but well pulled off over all.

Jypsol - I like it, very nice, this concepts better, lovely.

Dunspargo - This is clear to what its supposed to be, developed Dunsparces features brilliantly, well presented and made.

Knifish - Had to look at this twice. Very awesome colouration and scheme. Maybe give it less of a forehead. Thought it was a birds head for a sec.

Illaimant/Beatote - Both brilliant. Such complex perfect designs. Soo beautiful.

The last three (bored of typing names) - First one I don't like, a little small and odd arms… Not keen on the seconds eye. The last one is magnificent Maybe just head position…

All in all.
    Damn awesome =D
    Really enjoyed looking over your stuff. You're incredable.
    Hope to see you continue on this path.

-Fraz

Last edited:

Samson

Years
    THANKS!! and Frazzler: thank you for taking an extended interest in my sprites. i agree with all that you've said (well except Dinol... he's so misunderstood!! XD). i wish i could show you the rest of my sprites to get an opinion from ya, but as i've said plenty times, i'm keeping this exclusive for Chaos Black, a hack.

ok, well i made this D/P style (well, at least a try for D/P... not necessarily D/P if you ask me) sprite to practice on my shading, and i gotta say, it's one of my best:

Vuduv, refashioned. Jynx's evo of course, and the whole concept is that it's based off a Voodoo Preistess, which follows the theme from Smoochum and Jynx. the black strips in its hair is actually peices of thread that it grows and knits dolls with, which it does easily with it's large, flat hands.

want to dedicate it to Captain Arcane because his Spriter's Pokedex helped a LOT for getting the right colors.

Last edited:

Death Rogers

Great Old One
    Years
    It's a bit... humongous. Even for a D/P sprite, that thing's huge. It looks like Jynx let herself go with the Pokeblocks. XD

But, I like it. It's just a little too big. I haven't checked yet, but I think it's even bigger than the Dialga and Palkia sprites.

Samson

Years
    yeah XD. i tend to sprite things too large when i'm focusing too much on the palette and the shading. but thank god for my massive knowledge of photoshop, it only takes about half an hour to reduce the sprite.

GBA reduction, except now it doesn't EXACTLY hit the size limit XD.

Years
    • Seen Sep 2, 2007
    Very nice, maybe the red dress thingie could be some longer but otherwise: great. The GBA version looks much better.

duncanrcook

Excellent!
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Sep 20, 2012
    do you have any back sprites or the sprites that show up in your party?

BlackDragonite

Austrian Pokémon Expert
    Years
    Great work, and i like titanium, but it looks a bit strange...^^
    When´s the ChaosBlack release?????????????????????

And the bug/dragon nlooks also cool^^

BlueHippo

Pokemaster Hippo
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2008
    man these are some epic sprites :0 i was just thinking earlier of drawing some of my pokemon i created years ago (since my art skills are far better than they used to be) but i wish i could produce such quality sprites as those :0

i'm more of a flash person, i love me my vector graphics, hopefully one day i can learn how to make amazing sprites like you, sir :3

Samson

Years
    well actually, i'd appreciate it if ANYONE can share your concepts or drawings for me to sprite. i have plenty left over in my sketches, but i'm really not digging them.

i should be venturing into other types of pixel art, but Chaos Black is currently in hiatus due to a lack of, well, good hackers. since i've finished all the backsprites, i don't want to waste my time doing extra sprite work for a hack that may not even be in the process of creation any longer. if it turns out Chaos Black comes to an end, i plan to release ALL of my sprites to the public for free use.

so from now on, i want to propose spriting concepts for people. thing is they'll have to be GOOD. so far, here is some concepts i plan to sprite:

Water/Ghost - Stream Pokemon
    Water/Ghost - Cascade Pokemon

Fire/Electric - Launch Pokemon

Steel - Cripple Pokemon
    Steel/Flying - Antigravity Pokemon

Fire/Normal - Heat Rise Pokemon
    Fire/Normal - Heat Expand Pokemon

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back