• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: HexManiacAdvance: A New Hex Editor for Gen 3 Hacking

Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    Hey, I saw that I can edit movesets through text in FRLG, but in Emerald I couldn't do it, am doing something wrong?

Do you mean the learnsets through levelup? If thats the case:
    emthing.png

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    I'm currently looking at the cry table from my Fire Red rom hack. I looked all over for tutorials, but I couldn't find what I was looking for.
    So in my cry table there is one entry that highlights red instead of blue, What exactly does that indicate? Is it a pointer issue? Because this is my first time seeing this.

Spoiler:

Drake Baku

Draconian Dragon Prince
    Years
  • seems an interesting tool has been added when i was away

I am going to need the tutorial it seems, trying to figure out how to add types and new pokemon slots, pretty sure this tool would allow it, but from glancing around in it, I have not found out how yet haha

well I could also take the CFRU engine, would cut down some work i guess
    two new things to try haha

Drake Baku

Draconian Dragon Prince
    Years
  • so still exploring this myself so far
    ive read the way to add fairy type myself, using thar hma file

now I wonder, if i were to add my own type to this, would it work just like that or would 2 types in one file cause issues?
    if it can be added to the same file, how to go about adding my own type icon?

EDIT: looking on the tutorials, I am not 100% certain so i rather ask, if i were to go to, lets say Raichu and just start added new moves, this will automatically repoint the data right?, or should i somehow set up how many moves i wish to add to ensure it repoints it to a fitting spot in general (and if so, how?)

EDIT2: can it find repointed data from a rom base by itself, such as this one: https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=451255

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2022
    I have a question. I am trying to use index number 254 to put Wyrdeer in my Pokemon Emerald ROM Hack. But the ROM keeps crashing. Is there a way around this or not?

OriginWizard

Map Maker
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jan 30, 2023
    I'm trying to find a way of setting a certain pokemons shiny rate, not the whole lot but one pokemon.
    Basically I'm trying to make a Red Gyarados style event where there's one pokemon on the map that's always shiny.

Can this be used for that? I've had trouble finding anywhere to change that without changing all pokemons shiny rates.

Drake Baku

Draconian Dragon Prince
    Years
  • I'm trying to find a way of setting a certain pokemons shiny rate, not the whole lot but one pokemon.
    Basically I'm trying to make a Red Gyarados style event where there's one pokemon on the map that's always shiny.

Can this be used for that? I've had trouble finding anywhere to change that without changing all pokemons shiny rates.

I am not that fluent with this tool at all yet myself so i cant say if this editor can do that
    but a simple script editor should be able to with ease if you know how to set it up

Years
    • They/Them
    • Seen Apr 14, 2022
    For some reason I can't check items beyond energy root on this tool with a ruby based rom but I can in others, does anyone have any idea why?

Years
    • Seen Oct 13, 2023
    Wow! Amazing project, this will relieve having to struggle with HxD all the time.

Nice work!

Years
    • Seen Oct 12, 2022
    Hello, its possible to modify what a NPC sells in an specific shop? Any tutorial or guide how can be done?

Years
    • Seen today
    @nDieGGo

Any basic scripting (XSE) tutorial. Try Avara's XSE tutorial, specifically the part about the (poke)mart command.

Years
    • Seen Oct 12, 2022
    @nDieGGo

Any basic scripting (XSE) tutorial. Try Avara's XSE tutorial, specifically the part about the (poke)mart command.

Thanks kalarie, but already did what I want, that was to have Old Sea Map and the Tickets for Legendary Events (I added them to the start items in PC with Potion). But now that I have the items I realized that its needed to activate this Events before you go to NPC at Lilicove City. Any possibility to always-active this event from the begginig of the game? Just to dont use Gamesharks and have a rom to all-access to catch them all 😅

Years
    • Seen Mar 16, 2022
    I made an account today, and I did it to thank you, Haven. I have been working on a romhack for a while now, and I was burning out - Juggling so many different programs, learning each one just so it could serve a single small purpose, or a couple at best. I almost didn't download this when stumbling across it because I saw "Hex Editor" and thought "Yeah, I have a Hex Editor" but luckily I decided to click anyway and take a look. Man, this program is utterly incredible. It has honestly saved my project, breathed new life into it and refilled my motivation and creativity to the MAX. So, again - THANK YOU. I wish I knew about this sooner!

Back