• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

"Hey can I have.." - "NO!"

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
  • Do you often have to deal with people who ask you for money or food? How much? Mostly where? Have you ever said yes? Did they pay you back?

Kenpari

¯\(°_o)/¯ I DUNNO LOL
    Years
  • "Neither a borrower nor a lender be"

I've never loaned money to anybody before. I refuse to. I have, however, asked for money on one occasion, which I payed back a few hours later. It was ten bucks.

Blue Nocturne

Not THAT one.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Mar 6, 2013
    People seem to think of me as a charitable, talking doormat. Which is quite odd since i don't lend anyone anything. Ever.

LethalTexture

Breeder and Battler
    Years
  • They way it works with me is when a friend asks to borrow cash, I sort of know that I won't get paid back, because that's what friends are for. Likewise when I borrw money I always offer to return it when I have the money again, but more often than not they refuse to take it back.

The Kidd

Godly Breeder
    Years
    • Seen Oct 19, 2013
    I sort of know that I won't get paid back, because that's what friends are for.

I'm always asked to borrow money. If I'm not asked I actually overhear them talking about how they wished they have money to go do things and I offer it to them. I don't expect to be paid back. I never really do anyways.

I'm not the richest guy, but if I know I can help a friend out, I will.

The food thing....I've never been asked that. I usually am always buying lunch for my co-workers and friends in general. I don't like it when people, especially girls, want to pay for me.

Danikamakaze

★ D a n d a n
    Years
  • I'm always asked to borrow money. If I'm not asked I actually overhear them talking about how they wished they have money to go do things and I offer it to them. I don't expect to be paid back. I never really do anyways.

I'm not the richest guy, but if I know I can help a friend out, I will.

The food thing....I've never been asked that. I usually am always buying lunch for my co-workers and friends in general. I don't like it when people, especially girls, want to pay for me.

Awww that's sweet :) I'm usually like that.
    I have a friend that leeches off me sometimes though, he's getting kind of annoying lately though. I wanted a drink today when he was the one with money, and it seemed like a massive deal for him to lend me an extra $1.50 >_>

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    Why food? Most of the time it's for petrol or beer.
    I only lend money to family members, and generally on the terms that they give a little more back. Since they see my gormless mug every day they can't forget their debt in a hurry.

Izanagi

Jesus Saves.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Mar 14, 2011
    I'm practically a piggy bank at my school :/

Idiot!

One shot, one kill.
    Years
    • Seen Mar 17, 2011
    I lend money to people I know if the amount is negligible, and the smaller the amount, the more I don't expect them to return it either. I don't like chasing people for their IOUs, but if someone borrows from me before settling previous debts, I'll give them the cold shoulder.

ANARCHit3cht

Call me Archie!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 25, 2020
    I have one friend who will loan me cash, or rather just buy me things that I need xP. All the others ask me for money, and promise to pay me back more later, but they never do.. so yeah. I just stop really lending it to those people.

Bluerang1

pin pin
    Years
  • Food, school. I hate having to say no but I want to eat my food. It's what I have, I'm trying to save cash by eating less so back off. But I want to give so they can give back when I'm in their situation :)

Years
  • Nope. Me and my best mate don't keep tabs on lending.
    He'll lend me a pound or so to get some food, and I'll lend him money for food, or sometimes when I'm buying something nice for myself, like a cookie or a cupcake I'll buy him one :)

Years
  • People think they can get a lot out of me, because I'm too nice, so yeah. xP
    But I'm not stupid. xD (As most people take me for when it comes to borrowing money)
    I mean, if they just wanna borrow a little bit money, I'll let them borrow it. It's not like I'd give them an insande amount of cash. xD

Years
    • UK
    • Seen May 27, 2010
    I do give money to people, close friends and family. I really don't mind giving to family and really close friends, but most of my college frends Never again! Over two years of college, it must have been about £100 I give out and only got about £60 back. £40 is alot when your a student.

It was out of kindness and selflessness I gave you money, so show me the same back and atleast pay me back. The latest I would want it payed back from college friends is two weeks. If you don't stop asking you'll NEVER get it back.
    Being Jewish made it worse be ause they would always use the sterotype "Jews are penny grabbers"

Years
  • Me and my friends sort of have a system, if one of us lends another money we'll pay them back in a number of drinks in equalish value. Cuts out the middle part and you get a someone to take a trip to the bar for you. :P

Cloche

エスパーレディ
    Years
  • I get asked ALL THE TIME not for money, but I'm asked to buy cigarettes, and chew from underclassmen. I've only been 18 for a few months, and its already started! It gets annoying after awhile. But, my answer remains the same. No.

I do however get asked for a few bucks, if their good friends, I'll lend it, not expecting anything back.

Eternal Nightmare

Stunningly Handsome
    Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2015
    I have had to ask for certain things ;_;. Asking people for stufff I could or could not obtain makes me feel bad.

As for people asking me for stuff...I'm pretty leniant as long as its family or friends. If its some jobless deadbeat (especially that ugly prostitute that's always at the gas station) then the answer will and forever be NO!!!

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • It seems to happen all the time when I'm downtown for class, dinner, shopping or whatnot. Some random, scary,scruffy-looking guy at the bus stop will always ask to borrow money, and I'll have to lie and say I only have enough money to take the bus back to campus.

No, I don't ask to borrow money from those sketchy people either. They scare me.

Years
  • The only one that asks me for money or food is my sister. Typically don't get it back. I don't mind nearly as much as I should. I think half of the reason is that I crashed on her couch for a few months, and didn't have to pay any sort of rent. The other half is that I am a spineless jellyfish and hate confrontation.

I don't ask for money; typically don't need it. When I do I feel awful, because I feel it's my fault for mismanaging my money.

Yrie

I'm done here. Ciao~
    Years
  • My friends are basically the only people who ask me for money, and usually I give them a few dollars or whatever, but the way it works is that maybe one time a friend will pay for my movie ticket if necessary, but then the next time I'll by their ticket to pay them back. Things like that. Otherwise, I find that I'm pretty good with paying people back and vice versa, because I'd feel really guilty and such if I didn't.

Back