• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hey guys!

Years
    • Seen Nov 10, 2013
    Hey! I'm KinkyGoat. I've been playing Pokemon for a while, but I'm still new to hacked roms! I've only played four so far:

Pokemon Reborn (Thought it was a bit laggy, still a great story though.)
    Pokemon AshGray (My favourite, completed it within a day! Couldn't stop playing.)
    Pokemon Naranja (Couldn't really get into it, the pokemon bugs and the Spanish was really off putting.)
    Pokemon Light Platinum (Really put me off on how it jumps straight into it & how you level up so fast..)

If you guys could recommend some Roms for me, that'd be great! I'm looking 'ford to my stay in the community here! :)

Years
  • Heya KG and welcome to the forum! It's great to have you here with us. :3

Ooh, you'll have a lot of hacks to play while you're here... there are a ton around PC. I've seen videos of AshGray and it looked awesome, though I can't say I ever played through the others you listed. May have played Naranja and it looked really darn awesome but I don't think I got very far for some reason. Have you tried Flora Sky or Liquid Crystal? Those are one of the most popular hacks here and they're pretty long and also completed, I think? Might be wrong on that last note, but I played through both and almost finished both games, so they're definitely good way to burn time. Look through the Hacks Showcase to see what we have available. :) There's also the Progressing Hacks and Slideshow Showcase subforums that you can check out through that link, too. Any plans to make your own hack or are you just a player for now?

Lookin' forward to your stay here as well and hopefully you're around PC for a while to come. You should delve into the Pokemon gaming boards when you can if you've been playing it for a while; there are a lot of discussions going on there. POST AND HAVE FUN, and remember that staff are always here if you have problems or just want to ask a question. Can always make a post in the Quick Questions thread as well, so there's that option available as well.

See you around and great meeting you!

Years
    • Seen Nov 10, 2013
    Nice to meet you too. Also, I tried downloading another hack that the person who made "Liquid Crystal" but it wouldn't actually allow me to apply it? Once I done it, I used VBA and couldn't find it...I don't think I done anything wrong...

Warship

異議あり!
    Years
  • hey welcome to pc it seems we got ourselves a new hacker :D as Cirno said Hacks Showcase is a great place for you to download and maybe make some hacks though it seems you already did it by now :D enjoy your stay :D

now about your problem: i guess there was an error in patching the file (if i got it right :P) make sure you're using a clean rom so there are no bugs (i remember accidentaly patching a pokemon rose patch onto a liquid crystal file instead of a firered :P the intro was all buggy) if the problem still persists try to contact the hacker who uploaded the patch. hope i helped and feel free to vm me if you need anything!

Nathan

Blade of Justice
    Years
  • Welcome to PC Kinky Goat! Just like Cirno said, you'll have plenty of hacks at your disposal so you won't even be slightly annoyed trust me. There's a lot of great hacks so I can't give my favorite and I haven't finished them yet too lazy :P
    Liquid Crystal and Flora Sky are good choices, you could also try Ash Gray I heard good feedback for it.
    Anyways have fun! :)

Back