• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hey, wanna be a mod?

Honest

Hi!
Years
  • I think it's safe to say that many of us, especially in our noob days, dreamt of becoming the almighty moderator of our favorite part of the forums. Ha, some of us have even been unlucky enough to get the "I ASKED TO BE A MOD" emblem. Granted, very few have actually gotten the chance to be a moderator. But we can dream right?

My question to you is a simple one. How would you respond if the staff asked if you wanted to become a moderator in your favorite section on PC? Would you take it, or reject? Keep in mind that a moderator needs to be active, mature, professional, unbiased, and responsible. And they need to be someone many people can go to in case they need help. It's no easy task, judging by what the staff's gone through.

Personally, when I was newer, I dreamt of becoming a moderator for OVP. I don't think I really understood how demanding it could be. I mean, sure, I frequent this place hell, I live here. But overtime, I came to realize that just being active doesn't make you worthy. I feel like I'd still need to mature a little. I've gotten overboard at time, either posting really odd threads really often, or simply going on a rampage answering threads out of boredom, for the record. Not because of post count. Just putting that out there. So to answer my own question: If the mods feel like I've behaved well enough, and I feel up to the task, I would take it. But by all means, I wouldn't hold on to it for too long.

Last edited by a moderator:

Algo Fonix

oh god
    Years
  • Man, I'd definitely decline. Being a mod sucks to me. Like just being able to post casually without a real responsibility to a section is awesome. I know lots of people enjoy being a mod... but it's not my thing. My enjoyment of a forum seems to drop after I become staff. :/

Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2015
    If I was asked I would be quite surprised. I'm not that active there though I do contribute to some sections, but again, Im not very active and not well known here yet. Though if asked, I would be honored, since it means the staff would believe I have what it takes and would be a good mod, so I might accept, I'm sure I could do it and be a good mod. Im mature,professional, easy to get along with, understanding and fair, though I really don't think it will happen ever.

Years
    • Seen Apr 21, 2024
    I left the staff because I wasn't happy being staff here anymore, and my time here made me feel depressed for months. If I was offered the opportunity to mod a forum here today, I wouldn't accept it. I don't really have much of a reason other than the fact that I left just about two months ago and I don't know if I'll feel the same way (plus I'm not exactly active enough in any forum here right now). Maybe if I was given the chance next year things will be different, but I had my chance to be staff here and I enjoyed it while it lasted. :]

Tetrakeet

Lilligant's Caretaker
    Years
  • I would decline because I dislike politics and being a judge.

I can tell by looking at the rules that this place has been through a lot. I'm happy to know they toughed it out too, especially the site owner. Great job!

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • CBC is one of my favorite forums, so if I was offered a position, I'd accept. It hasn't had much activity lately.

Years
  • Yeah, I knew someone would make this thread.

If I were offered a mod position I'd definitely accept it cos I showed the ultimate example of evolving from a noob into a well-contributed member. (I didn't get that Level Up emblem for nothing)

As for which section I'd mod, I guess maybe either NU/W or OT/PT cos I'm heavily active in those areas.

I am mature, professional, understanding, easy to get on with, friendly, a role model, intelligent and interactive and that's one of the keys to eventually succeeding as a mod. I can pull off a mod voice really well.

Last edited:

Ayselipera

I was a mod for a short time, but I didn't really enjoy it and quit. If I was asked again I'd probably say yes because it would initially be fun for a little while, but I see myself quitting shortly again.

Years
  • Spoiler Alert: I never desired to Mod Other Chat & Discussions. I wanted the Trade Corner, and that alone. It was the ultimate prize, aside from becoming a Super Mod.

Plus, OC&D proved very hard to change & tame from what it was before. Dozens of bannings and infractions, from previous ban evaders to trolls, etc. It wasn't easy until a few months ago when I finally asked for help.

If given the second chance, I'd mod elsewhere, say the aforementioned section, maybe C&M or BW/BW2. But I'd think for a bit if it was to be in OC&D again.

Last edited:

droomph

weeb
    Years
  • Eh, maybe.

But I'm not sure if I can keep my cool long enough before I go "FUUUU" and then rage quit.

Maybe an easy one like C&M (there's no subforums) but yeah you know.

tl;dr I'm a huge noob

diab_low

All men live, only few exist.
    Years
  • If I was asked I would decline, I am still only like 2 or 3 months old and I Still have my final year of school though but maybe later :D

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • I'm not sure. I'd probably say yes, cause I suppose I'm being asked for a reason. Especially if I was partnered to a mod who'd been around a while- less of a chance for me to screw things up too badly. But right now I don't really have any forums I'm very devoted to; I've been drifting a bit. So even if I were to be asked, I don't think it'd be very fair on whichever forum I would be modding because I'm not quite as attached as I should be. I'd do my best, certainly, and probably become more attached as time went on. But considering how I am right at this moment, then I don't think that I would do well. But it's kind of a moot point because of how I am now- I'd not get asked anyway. xD;

Years
  • I doubt I'd be asked, as I just tend to answer whatever interesting topics I see on the main screen, but if so, I'd...hm.
    As much as I'd want to say yes, I'd probably decline, since I don't really think I'm too good with power (bossiness comes into play) I'd feel weird being the judge etc.

Most of all, I just doubt it would happen lol.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • I would say no. I never want to be a mod. Blue is ugly, and my supporter format is MUCH better tbqh. And I would REALLY hate to mod that GPGD section. It's so ugly.

jk I love GPGD.

Of course, when I was still a member, I didn't really try to be modded or think it'd happen, but I thought if it did, I'd still say yes, cause I wanted to help out on the forum, cause I do really love this place, and I love the forums I mod here. Honored to have been modding them nearly three years! :) I mean, I won't say it's all candy and rainbows, but it's still fun for me.

I'm sure if I were to pull a Mr Cat Dog and quit, leave for a few years, come back, and get asked to mod again after a while, I'd probably do it all again in a heartbeat haha.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
  • Technically I never actually said yes to becoming a mod - they just assumed I'd say yes and promoted me without actually saying the words "would you like to be a mod?" XD.

Though if I'd been given a choice in the matter I definitely would have said yes, and I'd do it again in a heartbeat!

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
  • In yesteryear, I was the mod of Other Games. I stopped eventually.

So.. I'd probably say no now. I'm more cynical now then I was then. Why do something for free? XD

I didn't ask to be a mod then. And I don't plan on asking now. lol

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • I never saw myself as a mod, especially for NU/W. I was just basically that one person that comes by the section once in a while and just welcome members. xD But during my first year as a mod, NU/W proved to be a wonderful section for me to be in...and it's loads of fun. :D

If I were to be asked to mod elsewhere, I'd take GPGD (SORRY SYD I JUST LOVE YOUR SECTION OK), C&T, Pokemon Clubs, or Roleplay Corner. I know it's a lot of sections, haha. But you know what, none of them are the same as NU/W. I'd rather have my newbies and meet amazing people everyday. :)

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    LIKE SHINING I was never asked! However if I was I'd totally have said yes. I never wanted to mod B/W at first since I was behaving there to show I'd be good for OVP lmao because I wanted OVP at the time buuut the more time I spent there the more I liked the games and the more I actually wanted it, which meant I wanted it by the time I got mod so it worked out wonderfully. :3 Yes I'd mod it all over again because it's so awesome! n_n Seriously modding a Pokemon gaming forum from pre-release is the best thing ever because you go through speculation, two release periods, crazy activity, dead period, crazy activity again and then trying to boost it up now so it's really like having modded six forums rather than just one because it's been so different every few months lool. I just kinda really miss the crazy active periods, but yeah, I'd do it all over again and make it even BETTER. Of course if I could re-live everything but in the future if I quit and came back by the time it'd be gen 5 so I probably wouldn't be able to, so yeah only the re-live part applies.

As for modding anything else the only other section I really care about is CBC but in general I'm 100% fine with B/W, lol. :3

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
    Years
  • I wouldn't say yes nor do I want to be a mod. I tend to just lurk in the shadows anyway and post very little. Not consistent on this forum any more compared to how I used to be. So for me personally I wouldn't want the position.

Back