• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hey, you know when you... yeah... could you stop?

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Confronting people. We all have to do it. When there's something on our backs scratching our spine with these sharp claws that are impossible to tolerate and ignore, we introduce the problem onto the table and try to find a way to solve it. But the question is... how do you do it?

Do you confront people through someone else? Get someone else to introduce the problem, and then lash out on it. Do you confront people directly? Are you blunt and straight to the point? Or are you someone who dodges the problem when you're confronting someone and tries to offer hints about it because you don't like confronting people? ...There are so many ways to confront someone. Which one are you?

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
    Years
  • Normally when I confront people, I'm usually blunt, and striaght to the point when confonting people; which is another thing; I confront people personally, because its something that I don't wish to have others get involved; its just between me and the person I'm confronting. Anyway, I like to be straight to the point with people when oncfronting them, becaus well, to be honest, confrontation is something I normally don't like to do... V///V So I just want to get it over with, I would usually just say: "Hey, can you please stop...whatever you're doing? I would really appriciate it." and go from there.

Years
  • If I have a problem with someone and I need to confront someone, if possible, I will do it face to face. I don't like people going behind someones backs or anything like that. I would prefer someone to tell me to my face whatever reason they have to confront me with.

I will always confront someone in person, otherwise I find it cowardly and just annoying.​

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Do you confront people through someone else? Get someone else to introduce the problem, and then lash out on it.
    No. I don't like having others do something for me. I mean, I used to, but now I realized it's made me look a little immature and...it's quite elementary. I just don't do that anymore. Even when people offer to talk to someone for me, I just tell them no. It'd be nice, but it's my problem I have to confront someone about, not my friends'.

Do you confront people directly? Are you blunt and straight to the point?
    Very rarely do I ever confront anyone directly. And when I do, I just try to get to the point. Like pulling a band aid off.

Or are you someone who dodges the problem when you're confronting someone and tries to offer hints about it because you don't like confronting people?
    In some cases where I'm feeling extremely nervous, I do tend to stray off a bit.

Years
    • Seen Jan 17, 2011
    When I confort people , I tend to be quite direct with it. Being direct breaks the tension right away. If you try to break it into little pieces, then it ends up getting more complcated.

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    Blunt and straight to the point. I don't avoid things like this and I'd much rather just get all my issues out in the open rather than let it drag out. But, I usually just ignore people. It's difficult for people to "scratch my back" so to say, they might annoy me, but it's rarely considered a big deal to me and I'll just blank them and forget about it within minutes. If someone is really grinding my gears then I'll tell them to get lost or explain what's irritating me. Although, most of the time, I just don't care.

Dubstep

Goes bump in the night
    Years
  • I have no problem confronting people about it.... but either they hate being caught in the act of being a horse's ass, or I've quite the temper and scare them. Maybe it's both?

I try to be direct, because it just gets rid of the problem that much faster. I don't see the point in beating around the bush when I could just get it over with. If it's minor, though, I might just let it slide. I do a lot of annoying things too, sometimes.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
  • Do you confront people through someone else? Get someone else to introduce the problem, and then lash out on it.
    I'll never get anyone else to confront someone for me, it's really childish that way and stupid :/ I dislike confronting people but only I can confront them if they've done something to me.

I don't really like confronting people, but I will get straight to the point, since I don't like the situation.

Or are you someone who dodges the problem when you're confronting someone and tries to offer hints about it because you don't like confronting people?
    If its someone like exceedingly older than me, than I will try to dodge :c

Ayselipera

Do you confront people through someone else? Get someone else to introduce the problem, and then lash out on it.
    Very rarely do I confront people in the first place because I usually ignore whatever it is they're doing that bothers me. I don't bring it out into the open unless it's something that I truly feel needs to be addressed. In that case I'll confront them myself.

I always try to start any conversation on positive notes. People tend to take things better or are more receptive if they're already feeling great at the moment. For more serious thing I'm pretty direct.

I can only think of one person who I do this with and that's my sister. She's a lot older than me and can not take criticism well at all. Yet, she asks me for my opinions on her all the time which really puts me in an odd position. So I try to ease up on what she does that's really annoying or try to drop small hints. She has the mentality that she's always right and everyone else is wrong so it's really hard. D:

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • Do you confront people through someone else?
    No.

Do you confront people directly?
    When I do confront someone, I do.

Are you blunt and straight to the point?
    Sometimes. Depends on the issue at hand.

I sometimes start this way, then get annoyed and become blunt.

Really what I tend to do is more try to be nice about things. And usually it works, but then I get people who say "Don't be nice, be honest" and that's when I get frustrated because being honest =/= being mean.

Melody

Banned
    Years
    No! Never! That's not only rude, and immature...but it makes the person you're confronting feel ganged up on! That can really bring out the sharp claws in them, especially in people like me. Never corner someone with backup...just talk to them straightly and honestly about it.

Yes. If I've got a problem I will confront people directly. Sadly yes, I can be brutally blunt and sharply to the point of the matter. I'm not ashamed of that part about me really. Yes, I know it cuts people sometimes...and that hurts me more to see it when I have to do that to someone I care about, but when I confront someone...It's because I feel like there's really a problem in the air, or waiting in the wings to happen. It's not because I'm being insensitive or mean.

In some cases, before things come to a confrontation, I will offer quite a few hints. Usually they're metaphorical in nature and are offered as somewhat random off-topic musings. I don't like hint dropping though, and this usually only occurs if I happen to care about you enough that I'd rather not pull out a scalpel and dissect you to bits. xD

Years
  • I'm awful at confronting people. I don't like to do it -- I'm too timid and too nice for my own good. Things have to be bad for me to actually do it. And sadly, I've done the go-around thing before. It sucks, I shouldn't do it. But... I just... I hate argument, I'm not good at it, I don't like things to get awkward... Childish, I know. ._.

I try my best to just do it and get it over with, but I might get passive-aggressive with it and just not address it for the longest time. I wish I was better about it.

Enigma

[i][font=Noto Serif][color=#e2ad53]The [color=#d94
    Years
  • I'll usually drop hints at people that something they have done has irritated me, but if they don't get it, that's when I become blunt and to the point. Although, that's easier said than done with anyone that's not a sibling or parent. If it's someone other than the aforementioned cases, I become really shy (because that's actually how I always am, I'm not much of a people person. :/ ) so it's hard to just straight up confront someone. If I have to, it'll usually just come out in one really quick and quietly-spoken sentence.

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    I dislike confrontation, so I do drop hints at first. While dropping said hints, I usually rant about the situation to other people.. if it's annoying me enough, I mean. If the person doesn't take said hints, then I confront them however I can, face-to-face, or through text. In whatever way I can get a hold of them at the time. I rarely get really upset, or angry with people, so when I call them on things, they usually listen and then back off, or stop whatever it was that was causing the issue.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • I have a very hard time to confront people because I'm afraid of the consequences if I do, particularly losing the argument. But if I do have to confront someone, and if I can't do it alone, I ask someone to help me. I also get straight to the point if I do it alone.

Years
  • It depends on the situation. Sometimes, I'm too timid to confront other people about something, or I'll get someone else to do it if it's not bothering me THAT much.

However, if something continues to bother me, I will say something. At first, I'll dodge the point. I'll just drop hints.
    Yet, if it persists, I will tell them to stop whatever it is that they're doing. I don't mess around if I'm annoyed about something. I will do my best to talk to the person. I will, of course, seek consolation from a friend prior to confrontation. D:

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • I tend to avoid confronting others if I can help it, I'll go the "dropping hints" route, up to a point, at least.

If the other party pushes me to the point where they're not taking the hint, usually I'm so riled up at that point that I'll gladly confront the other party face-to-face. In a dark alley downtown at 2:30 in the morning if I have to.

Morgnarok

PokéCommunity Supporter - Platinum Tier
    Years
  • I have not had to confront someone in a long while due to the fact i don't go around many people and don't have a lot of drama in my life.So,i don't know what i would do truthfully.

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    I tend to prefer conflicting with people nowadays (in the past, I'd just hit them). Obviously, if somebody physically assaults me, I'll fight back. But I tend to be a more indirect person, dropping hints. Or if I can, I just ignore the person who irritates me.

One thing I never do is involve other people. Sure, I might let on that I have a problem with somebody else, but that's as far as it goes. I'm not good at arguing, hence, I prefer not to start them. Makes sense, right?

skyguard

Artist
    Years
  • Quoting Sammisan;
    I'm awful at confronting people. I don't like to do it -- I'm too timid and too nice for my own good. Things have to be bad for me to actually do it. And sadly, I've done the go-around thing before. It sucks, I shouldn't do it. But... I just... I hate argument, I'm not good at it, I don't like things to get awkward... Childish, I know. ._.

I try my best to just do it and get it over with, but I might get passive-aggressive with it and just not address it for the longest time. I wish I was better about it.

Pretty much sums me up as well, thanks Sammi-San.:laugh: I do dodge the problem, a lot, but sometimes, if I know the other person will understand my point of view, then I will tell them.

P.S. I would use the quote tool, but the site tells me to have posted at least 15 times before I link to a url. Which is a bit strange, maybe I'll message the site problem people... Oh yeah, I find it easier to confront someone over a computer.

Back