• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen HG/SS Funny Moment Thread

Planetes.

@n_diiv
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Jun 6, 2017
    This is different than the WTF moment thread. Its for moments in the game were characters say wierd things or do wierd things, or the AI on an opponent is horrible that made you wonder wth the programmers were thinking.

I have 2 Funny Moments

The first is when you go back to the lab after battling Kamon and the Police accuse you of commiting a crime and Elm says ABSOLUTELY NOTHING in your defense, and Lyra has to save you.

The Second is when you go through the gate to Violet City and Lyra comes up behind and starts talking to you. Except She's facing your Pokemon (as if she couldn't get any stupider).

Mayfan24

Pokemon Trader
    Years
    Battling in the Battle Factoty with my friend. We fought a trainer that had a Garchomp, the trainer spammed Sandstorm. I took the Garchomp and we crushed the competition from there-on after with the combo of Garchomp and Altaria

Agent Clank

Bye PC
    Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2011
    well this was both funny and sad at the same time.
    it said something similar to this when I talked to my Lugia in the Viridian Forest. "Lugia seems to be caught in the branches!".
    it made me laugh and be sorta sad at the same time! :D

Azure-Supernova

Trainer of mediocre Champions!
    Years
    well this was both funny and sad at the same time.
    it said something similar to this when I talked to my Lugia in the Viridian Forest. "Lugia seems to be caught in the branches!".
    it made me laugh and be sorta sad at the same time! :D

I just pictured a huge Lugia getting wrapped up in a branch -_- Oh lord that was funny xD

Well how about the Delivery Man can only give you one lot of items at a time? So I went through the whole game (around three weeks of play time, grinding and post-story) without picking up a single one. Oh I was tapping the A button for a while...

Silver.Nova

Golden Smile and Silver Tears
    Years
    This happened awhile ago, but when I was battling Morty, his Haunter used Curse when its HP was less than half full, therefore defeating itself.
    Dude, they ALWAYS do that for me. ALWAYS. XD

And that level 65 magikarp was a fisher who had, like, 3 other level 15 magikarp or around that mark. If that thing had evolved and was that level we'd be doomed.

It's amusing when Lyra is talking to her grandma about you not being her boyfriend. I laughed and felt relief because I don't like that pairing one bit. :|

Mortalis

[css-div="background-color:#4e9dda;text-align:cent
    Years
    Well how about the Delivery Man can only give you one lot of items at a time? So I went through the whole game (around three weeks of play time, grinding and post-story) without picking up a single one. Oh I was tapping the A button for a while...

This. This makes me want to punch my in-game mother in the face so hard, her Pokeballs will detach and hit her in the stomach. She sends so many berries. GO AWAY. Mom = Obsessive about sending useless berries to son.

Anyways, I was walking around in Route 32 with my Drifloon. I turned around to talk to it; "Cherry is nipping at your feet" .... except for the fact Drifloon don't have mouths.

Eh?

Planetes.

@n_diiv
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Jun 6, 2017
    Another one happened today, I was in Olivine and I walked behind a house (so I wasn't visible on screen) and my Rival comes out of the gym and talks about how weak Jasmine is.

("You're talking to a house retard") It was funny because Rivals never seem to slip up but I wish the AI knew what it was doing, XD.

I've gone through games without picking up items before as well, I hate how like 3 of them are useful and the rest are berries...

Silver.Nova

Golden Smile and Silver Tears
    Years
    Wailord bumped into you!

*squish*
    My gf's Dialga has gotten close then spun around.

You'd think that massive tail would send the poor guy flying across the screen.

Also,I think my Raoikou has a crush on me. It's cheeks were pink and it hugged me.

This was after it was defeated in battle. :|

Years
    • Seen Oct 12, 2010
    The black belt talking about wearing a dress in the castle at the Battle Frontier...

rocky505

<Now who's awesome!
    Years
    Dude, they ALWAYS do that for me. ALWAYS. XD

And that level 65 magikarp was a fisher who had, like, 3 other level 15 magikarp or around that mark. If that thing had evolved and was that level we'd be doomed.

It's amusing when Lyra is talking to her grandma about you not being her boyfriend. I laughed and felt relief because I don't like that pairing one bit. :|
    No the level 65 magikarp was used by a pokefan who used Pokemon with "King in their name.

My funny moment. I was trying to catch lugia. I was down to my last Pokemon (Feraligatr) I ran out of Dusk balls I then threw a Poke ball at Lugia and caught it -_- I was shocked

Planetes.

@n_diiv
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Jun 6, 2017
    Entei is now stalking me.

I am looking for walking through route 34 with a repel-MUSIC PLAYS, ENTEI (I was kind of scared since I wasn't expecting it)
    I am on my way to ecruteak-DOO DOO DOO--- DOO DOO DOO Enteu again.
    This time I check the marking map and Entei is on route 38 so I go to dark cave. On my way out, I use a repel before going to Violet.

ENTEI AGAIN!

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    Rocket Hideout in Mahogany.

From the sign outside, to the antenna poorly concealed by the fake tree, to the conspicuous gold box in the middle of the room, the attempts to make the place seem less suspicious are laughable.

Oh, and my Persian's reaction to the fake Persian statues inside said hideout. She does NOT like them, lol

Back