• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

HG/SS Help Thread

level.

Forgot about user titles
    Years
    ↑Just use the map in the Pokégear.

I'm trying to catch a Dratini before battling Claire; how do I catch it in the Swamp area of the Safari Zone? Can I catch Dratini there before Kanto?

Place ten water blocks in the Swamp Area and then use a good rod.

Last edited:

Hantsuki

a little wolf inside a girl
    Years
    Where can you get a Water Stone, outside of the PokeAthlon?
    On Route 42, there is a Fisherman who will want to trade numbers with you. If you add him to your list of contacts, he may call and give you a Water Stone he found. You can also receive a Water Stone from Bill's grandfather in Cerulean City. You just need to show him the Pokemon he is looking for and he will gladly oblige you with one.

Adrenalyn

this wild life...this freedom
    Years
    I'm wondering if it's possible to soft-reset for a shiny Sudowoodo or Snorlax in HGSS. I realize this method could take forever...I'm just curious if anyone has done it? ^^

DesTim0

Advanced Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Mar 22, 2010
    Hey guys, So I basically just got to Kanto, and I want to train. I've beaten every possible trainer I can fight and haven't beaten a single gym leader. I just want to beef up my team. So any suggestions? Thanks in advance. :D

My team is basically all level 41 and above. And I just wanna make sure on the upcoming battles :3

How do you track Raikou and Entei? I can't seem to do it through my poke'dex...

Use your PokeGear. It'll have their little face things on the map. And if they are like Latias and Latios, don't fly towards them.

Last edited:

mervyn797

What? I'm right here. >D
    Years
    • Seen Nov 28, 2011
    Hey guys, So I basically just got to Kanto, and I want to train. I've beaten every possible trainer I can fight and haven't beaten a single gym leader. I just want to beef up my team. So any suggestions? Thanks in advance. :D
    so, u just want to train your pokemon? i think victory road would be a good place to train? try to make your team balanced, dont put many pokemon of the same type.

level.

Forgot about user titles
    Years

Before Claire. I can't place blocks at the moment :\ unless I missed something? The guy is telling me the machine isn't working yet.

Oh, sorry about that. The only way to get a Dratini would probably be the Pokewalker course Blue Lake which takes 2000W to unlock. Unless you can go inside the Dragon's Den already.

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
    Years
    Nope, Dragon's Den is after Claire swt I think they do it on purpose XD I have 850 watts on my PokeWalker, though.

Thanks.

Years
    • Seen Mar 22, 2010
    help!

i want to know here all the apricorn trees are sooooooo can someone create me an apricorn location map????????

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
    Years
    Uh, that's not a question; that's a request, and you should just search Google or perhaps Serebii for that kind of thing.

Or every time you find an apricorn tree, mark it on your PokeGear using "Y".

DesTim0

Advanced Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Mar 22, 2010
    so, u just want to train your pokemon? i think victory road would be a good place to train? try to make your team balanced, dont put many pokemon of the same type.

Thanks. Just got my Dragonair to Dragonite, kind of over I know. Set to train the others. Thanks again!

level.

Forgot about user titles
    Years
    Has anybody caught a Beldum in the Safari Zone yet? His catch rate is 3 and I'm starting to wonder if catching him would ever work. So far, I think I've spent 40 safari balls on him.

Fire Wolf

it's as humid as a sauna, boy!
    Years
    After defeating Red, you may get one of the Kanto starters from Prof. Oak at his lab and one of the Hoenn starters from Steven at Silph Co.. After defeating Red, I'd EV train my pokemon and get them to Lv. 100 as well.

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
    Years
    Anyone else's PokeWalker only boost one level at a time?

I had Natu in at level 33 for 8500 steps and it should've leveled at least five times if one step = one exp, but it only leveled once; happens with all my Pokemon >>

level.

Forgot about user titles
    Years
    Anyone else's PokeWalker only boost one level at a time?

I had Natu in at level 33 for 8500 steps and it should've leveled at least five times if one step = one exp, but it only leveled once; happens with all my Pokemon >>

Old news, mate. Your pokemon only goes up by one level per walk.

Years
    Anyone use the Wii trade notifications?

I've tried setting it up and I input my Wii code but I never receive the message with the activation code in it. Has anyone else set this up? It basically sends messages to your Wii when any of your WiFi trades go through. Anyone else having trouble setting it up?

Years
    • Seen May 1, 2010
    Ive just received my Masterball and Ive beaten the 5 Asian girls. Who am I suppose to use this Masterball on? Hooh? What do you guys think i should use it on?

Back