• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

HG/SS Help Thread

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
    Years
    I'd suggest keeping it; but if you really want to use it, use it on one of the legendary dogs. They flee a lot and have a really low catch rate. The legendary birds don't flee, so you can just keep chucking balls at their faces and they'll catch eventually, no chasing required.

Years
    • Seen Dec 13, 2012
    Ive just received my Masterball and Ive beaten the 5 Asian girls. Who am I suppose to use this Masterball on? Hooh? What do you guys think i should use it on?

You don't have to use it on anything, you can just keep it. After you beat the Kimono girls you're supposed to go up to the top of tin tower, they call ho-oh down for you, and you battle/catch him. You can catch him with anything, you just need alot of great balls/ultra balls.

Years
    When can you place blocks or items within the Safari Zone? Is there something I have to accomplish, or is it just over a period of time?

Taichi

The Keyblader of The Future
    Years
    • Seen Sep 14, 2012
    How many Phone Numbers can be stored in the Pokegear?

iRawr

Poli?
    Years
    • Uk
    • Seen Apr 5, 2010
    Ive just received my Masterball and Ive beaten the 5 Asian girls. Who am I suppose to use this Masterball on? Hooh? What do you guys think i should use it on?

Maybe ask someone to clone it for you 2 times so you have 3 for the dogs?

Or you could use it on Ho-Oh but I don't reccommend this.. :\

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
    Years
    Taichi, phone numbers are infinite. No limit.

Kww37, am pretty sure you need to beat the E4 before you can place blocks.

Years
    Do Radio Sinnoh and Radio Hoenn play in Johto too? I saw a video on Youtube of when the songs play, but the person who uploaded the video was in Kanto.

Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Oct 21, 2011
    I've tried setting it up and I input my Wii code but I never receive the message with the activation code in it. Has anyone else set this up? It basically sends messages to your Wii when any of your WiFi trades go through. Anyone else having trouble setting it up?
    I'm having a lot of trouble with it. In fact, I'm starting to believe it doesn't even work, although the eMail Notifications for Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Explorers of Sky DID work for me...

Åzurε

Shi-shi-shi-shaw!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2013
    Here's something I found utterly no info on: Where is the apricorn shake-maker? I assume you can make them yourself, right? The dude at the stall outside the Pokethlon Dome isn't giving it to me or anything.

EDIT: Solved. It turns out I had it the whole time, in the Apricorn Box. =X

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 1, 2010
    Where do I get dusk balls in heart gold? a PM to me would make me see the reply faster! thanks!

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
    Years
    You can buy Dusk Balls in Blackthorn City.

ZachL, it should work in Johto, too. I saw on Serebii that Sphinx appears on the route outside of New Bark Town when you play Sinnoh Sound there.

RandomliHyper

Awesomesauce
    Years
    How do I get through the ice gym? I am in the last room and I can't figure out how to get to the leader.

Edit: OH WAIT. Nevermind, I was stupid and it was rather easy xD

Years
    • Seen Aug 14, 2010
    How do i get to the Gym in Cinabar? it says i cant use rock climb? what city do you get rock climb in? i had a pokemon from diamond that knew it when i traded it over, and it says i need to obtain the badge to use it. I have all the badges except cinabar's and viridian's.

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
    How do i get to the Gym in Cinabar? it says i cant use rock climb? what city do you get rock climb in? i had a pokemon from diamond that knew it when i traded it over, and it says i need to obtain the badge to use it. I have all the badges except cinabar's and viridian's.
    Have your tried Surfing South of Pallet Town to get there?

Years
    The gym is not on Cinnabar. It is located inside Seamfom Island up the far-left ladder in the first cave (I think, I just don't remember =3)

Years
    • Seen Dec 13, 2012
    So I just figured out that platinum doesn't support WPA. Does anyone know if HG supports WPA?

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
    Years
    The Nintendo DS doesn't support WPA - only WEP. It's not the game.

If you have further questions, direct it to the Technical forum.

Back