• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

HG/SS Help Thread

zommy08

Crimson Trainer
    Years
    i think in the default safari zone its in the bottom left

lol my jirachi is already lv35
    i wish it could learn meteor mash though

Volroc

The Unpredictability Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    i think in the default safari zone its in the bottom left

lol my jirachi is already lv35
    i wish it could learn meteor mash though

im trainin for my 2nd round with E4 so still waitin to train it lol

ya that would be so cool XD it should learn meteor mash ^_^

i hope when i get HG/SS i get the mountain area :D
    then i can raise a larvitar before the E4 ^_^

Years
    I'm trying to find a houndour on route 7 in SS. I wanted a fire and dark type. I want to teach it crunch, flamethrower, dark pulse, and fire blast. These are the moves I want it to learn. Does anyone know where else to catch one? Thanks.

Last edited:

§1

Rocket grunt
    Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2022
    for the wifi jirachi, how do i make sure that i get one of a certain nature?

Jin-Roh

VGC or Bust.
    Years
    where does one go to acquire wondercards? I am a general player of platinum, so i'm used to jubilife city...

wheres the guy to talk to in soulsilver? i'm sure i'd know but i've never done an event on this game.

Years
    where does one go to acquire wondercards? I am a general player of platinum, so i'm used to jubilife city...

wheres the guy to talk to in soulsilver? i'm sure i'd know but i've never done an event on this game.

Got the card? Good. Now go visit ANY Pokemart. Or visit first floor of a department store (Celadon/Goldenrod). Talk to a 'man wearing green'.

@ Volroc & "that freaky looking S-like 'symbol' followed by a 1 guy"

the wi-fi Jirachi currently available is NOT of fixed stat. Saving BEFORE getting it from the man allows one to try (their patience) with 'better' stats at level five, better nature, better color (shiny hunters, the RNG fangasmic). Power on, power off. Power on, Power off.

Jin-Roh

VGC or Bust.
    Years
    figured it out.
    for hgss theres an option in the start menu that wasn't in platinum that they don't even have to talk to a guy first to do.

and as per shiny jirachis...
    I don't believe it is possible or legal

Essence

Aura L♥VE
    Years
    Shinies of every pokemon are possible. You just have to Look :)

All you have to do is catch Jirachi in FR/LG after catching Mew (look up strategy online somewhere) and hope til its shiny! It might take a while (longgg while) but keep at it! It's possible! :)

shookie

Often scatters things.
    Years
    With the current Jirachi event, though, it's impossible. All Mystery Gift Pokémon are coded in a way that prevents the Pokémon from being shiny by regenerating the PID until it isn't shiny. This obviously doesn't count for things like the PCP which were meant to be shiny. It also doesn't count Pokémon that you access through an in-game location, such as Shaymin and Darkrai.

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Ok, well...I know lots, but not this.

Which HMs are essential to getting through Victory Road?

And same question, but for Mount Silver.

I'm nowhere near, but I may need to edit my team....

Years
    • Seen Sep 20, 2011
    ok i need to know, if i restart my game wil i lose winner's trail?
    i got the pokewalker course through mystery gift, so will restarting make me lose that trail?

Jerme

stupid
    Years
    • Seen Dec 14, 2010
    Ok, well...I know lots, but not this.

Which HMs are essential to getting through Victory Road?

And same question, but for Mount Silver.

I'm nowhere near, but I may need to edit my team....

victory road-stregnth is the only important one, some items behind rock smashable rocks

mt. silver- surf and waterfall to get to moltres (optional), rock climb to go elsewhere

yea these hms are a pain

Last edited:

shookie

Often scatters things.
    Years
    ok i need to know, if i restart my game wil i lose winner's trail?
    i got the pokewalker course through mystery gift, so will restarting make me lose that trail?
    Yep, you lose Pokéwalker routes when you restart your game.

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    victory road-stregnth is the only important one, some items behind rock smashable rocks

mt. silver- surf and waterfall to get to moltres (optional), rock climb to go elsewhere

yea these hms are a pain

So, I don't need Surf and Waterfall to get to Red?

That's brilliant!

I like how in LeafGreen I could easily use all 5 HMs on my full team. Looks like I only need Surf,Waterfall,Strength,Rock Climb,Cut in this!

Back