• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

HG/SS Help Thread

Oblivion Wing

IGN: Havel 3DS Friend Code: 5215-3694-9757
    Years
    How am i able to get the 3 dogs shiny? I read there was an event, but I don't know how to get it, nor how to use it. Anyone can help me with this?

Years
    It is impossible to get the 3 dogs shinny unless you hack it. Does anyone know where to find the karate master? I'm willing to fight him.

Pazuru

★ [ Fukidokuritsu ]
    Years
    • Seen Jan 29, 2013
    He's in Mt. Mortar. When you exit either town on each side of the mountain, surf across to the area with the Apricorns and such. Enter the Cave through the cave entrance there, and find your way until you see 'im. You'll need Waterfall, and I think Strength and maybe Rock Climb as well (if not for the Karate Master, then for some of the items in the cave).

JakeyBoy

Riddle me this
    Years
    It is impossible to get the 3 dogs shinny unless you hack it.
    It's not impossible. But, seeing as their PID is decided when you first meet them, there is a one in 24576 chance of having all three shiny. However, that event you heard of? It's going to be a movie event, and it hasn't been confirmed to leave Japan. I think you might only be able to get one of the three though, but I'm not sure.

Also, you don't need Rock Climb to get to the Karate Master.

Years
    Thank you for the answer. I thought you can't copy people's quotes. Last time I did it I got myself a warning from an admin. Then I stopped doing it. Have you ever got a warning before? Also I wanted to know what difference is between heart gold and soul silver. I might get heart gold too. Back in the days I used to have both gold and silver. Now I don't know. I don't feel like spending another 40 dollars on a game. Do you get mareep in the beginning of the game after you get your first pokemon from professor elm. Let me know Thanks.

Edit today's: I went on the internet and search for some answers on the fossil. I heard that these fossils can be found. Has anyone found it. https://www.serebii.net/heartgoldsoulsilver/rocksmash.shtml Thanks. Also I want to teach my shellder bubblebeam is possible to breed a pokemon that knows bubblebeam together. Like Tentacool and shellder. One of them has to be a female right. Well um let me know. Thanks.

Last edited:

§1

Rocket grunt
    Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2022
    how do i exchange the buena's password points on my blue card?

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Talk to Buena. She'll give you points, woman comes over, gives you prize. 1st one is a pokeball, xD.

I hope they get better

shookie

Often scatters things.
    Years
    When you're awarded the points and reach a certain number, you'll automatically get an item. You get a new card once you reach 30 points. Once you get the item, though, you can't simply go back and ask for the same item over and over again. Example: I talk to Buena and get my 20th point, so I get a Nugget. I can keep those 20 points for as long as I want, but I will only get one Nugget until I finish that current card and build 20 back up again.

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Also, if you talk to her when you have reached 30 points, you can obtain her in your PokeGear Phonebook. She will then apparently tip you off that one of the slot machines is "lucky", but doesn't explain which one, according to Bulbapedia. How that helps with Voltorb flip, I don't know....

Years
    You'll have to delete it. This is done by pressing Up+Select+B on the Ho-oh/Lugia screen.

Also, you'll need to reset your Pokewalker as well. To do this, press Down+X+L on the Pokewalker main screen.

Last edited:
    Years
    Hello. I have a playing time of 101: 40 minutes. I have all 16 badges I don't even have team yet. I do not like my feraligator. My fearligator doesn't know any water moves and its at level 100. It knows earthquake, irontail, surf, and blizzard. So what do you think I should do? Right now I'm planning on training my Electabuzz at level 66 now, lavitar, chickorita, mudkip, and scyther. I can't stick with one team. There are so many teams to choose. Please help. Thanks.

Eeohnex

Illuminate
    Years
    Hello. I have a playing time of 101: 40 minutes. I have all 16 badges I don't even have team yet. I do not like my feraligator. My fearligator doesn't know any water moves and its at level 100. It knows earthquake, irontail, surf, and blizzard. So what do you think I should do? Right now I'm planning on training my Electabuzz at level 66 now, lavitar, chickorita, mudkip, and scyther. I can't stick with one team. There are so many teams to choose. Please help. Thanks.
    Are you trying to create a team for competitive battling or an in-game team?

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday
    how do i get hippopotas and riolu to appear in the safari zone?
    For Hippopotas, you need 28 Peak objects (Small Rock, Big Rock, Mossy Rock) in the Desert area.

For Riolu, you need 14 Peak objects, 10 Forest objects (Tree, Stump, Branches) in the Meadow area, and must wait 70 days.

Charts and more information found here.

My fearligator doesn't know any water moves and its at level 100. It knows earthquake, irontail, surf, and blizzard.
    Surf's a Water-type move. Not the best one for Feraligatr, because it's a Physical attacker and Surf is a Special move. Waterfall would have been the better attack for it, if you had to give it a HM move.

But other than that, there's not much advice to give because I don't know if you're planning a competitive team or not.

§1

Rocket grunt
    Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2022
    For Hippopotas, you need 28 Peak objects (Small Rock, Big Rock, Mossy Rock) in the Desert area.

For Riolu, you need 14 Peak objects, 10 Forest objects (Tree, Stump, Branches) in the Meadow area, and must wait 70 days.

Charts and more information found here.

-.- 70 days

would i be able to speed that up if i messed with my ds' calender?

Essence

Aura L♥VE
    Years
    No, but yes. If you just skipped your calender 70 days forward, no. But if you put it to 11:59 PM and let the day flip over, that would be one day. Repeat it 70 times and your good, but whatever :)

Years
    • Seen Jun 30, 2010
    Help with Bagon

I was wondering if anyone caught Bagon cuz i am going crazy trying to find it.

GreenLanturn

Interior Crocodile Fraligatr
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Feb 26, 2012
    you have to have certian items in the safari zone, and i think its exclusive to one of the two versions.

§1

Rocket grunt
    Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2022
    what are the best spots to EV train on SS for each stat?

Back