• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

HG/SS Help Thread

Aurako

Pokemon Communicator<3
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Dec 6, 2015
    Can someone give me a step by step guide of the whirl islands? I just want to get to lugia. But I'm lost. >:

Years
    • Seen Mar 9, 2012
    I can't beat e4 because I ran out of money to buy healing items -_. I sold all my tm's and power items and still don't have enough healing items. I need more money. There's no more trainers and I have no idea where all the people calling me on my pokegear are.

RandomliHyper

Awesomesauce
    Years
    How do I get through the cave to get to Blackthorn city? I tried moving the boulders around to push them through the holes, but I was only able to get one in and can't figure out the rest >.>

Hamilton

*Creative Quote Goes Here*
    Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2016
    If you stopped yur pokemon from evolving, will it ever evolve again? If so, then when?

if you stop it from evolving it evolves the next level- if you stop that, same thing so on so forth

Panfisha

BIGGLYPUFF?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2021
    Does anyone know how to get to the house in the northwest of Lake of Rage, after the water has gone down? I checked the whole maze, but you can't get to him because there's a ledge blocking it, and theres a route going around but I see no entrance to it.

Gulpin

poisonous
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017
    Can someone give me a step by step guide of the whirl islands? I just want to get to lugia. But I'm lost. >:

(This is for without getting items and stuff)

Enter through the Northeastern Island (there is a set of four on route 41; it is the one closest to Olivine).

You should be able to see once you enter, but walk north to the wall then right to the wall (jumping 2 ledges) then up to the wall, left, then down through the ladder.

Run all the way down until you hit the rock go right one stem thed down untill you hit the wall. Then go left untill you hit the wall, then down untill you hit the wall, then left to wall, down to wall, left to wall, down to wall, right to wall, down one step, left 1-2 steps untill you go down the ladder.

Now you should be able to see (if I remember correctly). Go down to wall, right to wall, and down untill you run into the guy. Talk to him then he will move.

Go down the slopes and enter through the first entrance you see for an awesome view (which you will need to exit). Then go straight down every slope to the bottom then enter the entrance.

Then you should see the very awesome Kimino dance and the cool graphics with Lugia and everything, and ta-da! You're there.

I can't beat e4 because I ran out of money to buy healing items -_. I sold all my tm's and power items and still don't have enough healing items. I need more money. There's no more trainers and I have no idea where all the people calling me on my pokegear are.

Go to the map on the PokeGear and run the cursor around every Route. If you see an exclamation point that is white with a red background in front of the Route name in means that you have a battle or item to pick up from a trainer there. Go to the routes with the exclamation point and talk to every trainer untill you run into a battle.

How do I get through the cave to get to Blackthorn city? I tried moving the boulders around to push them through the holes, but I was only able to get one in and can't figure out the rest >.>

Enter from the entrance on the East side of Route 44. Go until you reach the first patch of ice, go to the right wall, go up, left, up, left. Then go around to reach the next patch of ice.

Reach the only part where you can get to the next ice patch, go up, left, up, left, down, left, up, right.

Go get waterfall through the next patch of ice: right, up, right, down, left, up, left, down, left, up, right.

Go up around and go through the ladder.

Go up and around the big block of icy rocks, then go to the set of two boulders diagonal to each other. Go to the bottom rock, push it right so you can reach the other one. Go up to the right side of the top boulder, push left twice, go underneath it, push it up all the way to the rock kinda in the middle close to the hole. Now go down to the other one you pushed a second ago. Go above it, and push it down 3 times. Go around and to the right of the boulder that you pushed last without pushing it. Now push it left 5 times. Go around the hole but don't move it. Push it down once (so it is to the right of the hole), then go around to the left of it and push it through the hole.

Now go around the group of icy rocks in the middle, push the boulder there up until you can't anymore, go around to the left of it, push it all the way until it stops, go around the middle icy rock so that you are under the boulder, push it up so it is aligned with the hole, then walk around so that you are to ther right of it and push it through.

Now go to the first rock that you moved. It should be under the icy rock diagonal to the hole. Go to the left of the rock, push it so it is above the hole, then go around the icy rock in the middle, and push it down into the hole.

Ok! One left.

Go way to the right of the room and go up to the right of the rock. Push it left once then go around so you are on top of it and push it down untill you can't anymore, go around so you are to the right of it, push it once, go around so you are on top of it, and push it down until it is lined up with the hole to its left. Then go to the right of the rock and push it untill it goes into the hole.

If you need more help after this let me know! If you need me to clear things up don't hesitate!

If you stopped yur pokemon from evolving, will it ever evolve again? If so, then when?

The next time you level it up or give it a stone or trade it with the right items.

Does anyone know how to get to the house in the northwest of Lake of Rage, after the water has gone down? I checked the whole maze, but you can't get to him because there's a ledge blocking it, and theres a route going around but I see no entrance to it.

It is impossible. Wait until tomorrow and surf out there.

Last edited:

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
    Years

Go on the stairs by the ledge lol but that guy only gives you Secret Power, so it's not big deal.

Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2010
    life orb

how do you get the life orb in soulsilver. serebii said the bottom left building in the ruins of alph wtih a hooh in your party but I cant even get to the building.

Years
    • Seen Nov 7, 2014
    Just curious about something with the Pokewalker.
    Is it possible to choose which group comes up when using the radar?
    I know it randomly selects one from the group when you first go for a stroll, but i want to know if you can choose the actual group that appears, and if so, how?

Winson

Legendary Pokemon Master
    Years
    • Seen Oct 12, 2013
    Do I have to go to the Ruins of Alph first to finish the first part of the game? (Before Kanto)

Hamilton

*Creative Quote Goes Here*
    Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2016
    can someone post the link to the Voltorb flip thread? or just tell me the mathematical trick?
    i've been looking all over

Winson

Legendary Pokemon Master
    Years
    • Seen Oct 12, 2013
    Do I have to go to the Ruins of Alph first to finish the first part of the game? (Before Kanto)

Gulpin

poisonous
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017
    how do you get the life orb in soulsilver. serebii said the bottom left building in the ruins of alph wtih a hooh in your party but I cant even get to the building.

You might have to surf to get there or go through Union Cave. Where did you see that you need Ho-oh in your party?

My current team is Cyndaquil and Bellsprout. Can anyone give me suggestions on a good team to have?

Really it doesn't matter in-game, but I would add any good sturdy water type (Wooper), someone that can fly (I chose Togepi, but Murkrow, Noctowl, etc will work), an electric Pokemon will also help (the best to find is probably Mareep, because she is early in-game. I think the next best one is either Pikachu in Kanto, but I'm not sure), and leave the last spot open for an HM slave. Having an HM slave that travels with you is a good idea, so you wont have to dump a team member for caves, etc, and plus your team's levels may become higher than if you had a team of 6. I recomend Lickitung or Lickilicky as an HM slave, and teach Surf to your water-type. And fly to you flyer.

No. I didn't. All the Ruins of Alph is is a type of 'quest', if you will, to catch all the Unowns and to solve every puzzle.

I saw that posted in another thread...Do I have to do anything special in order to fight him multiple times?

What you do is find someone who is rebattle -able on whatever day you want to rebattle. (Use serebii.net to find people) Call them, and they will say that they want a rebattle. Go battle them. Then, leave the route/city/place that they are in (just one step out is fine) then call again. They should want a rebattle. So you just continue this process.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
    Years
    can someone explain the Voltorb Flip to me? i'm terrible at math so i can't really understand what to do
    Well it's pretty simple ;)
    You have to flip, by clicking, squares until Voltorb appears.
    And the number of Voltorbs in line is shown on the right part of touch screen.

No you don't have to ;)
    It's same like Mt. Mortar it's just for fun :D And in this case for interesting items =)

My current team is Cyndaquil and Bellsprout. Can anyone give me suggestions on a good team to have?
    Catch Mareep and evolve it to Ampharos ;)

Serebii probably meant bottom left chamber ;)
    You have to use Surf to get there ;)

Back