• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

HG/SS Help Thread

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
    Years
    Those two items are only available on the PokeWalker, I believe. It's really rare and after like 50,000 watts or something.

level.

Forgot about user titles
    Years
    Those two items are only available on the PokeWalker, I believe. It's really rare and after like 50,000 watts or something.

Magmarizer is also found in Cinnabar Island and Electrizer is found in Cerulean Cave.

Years
    • Seen Apr 21, 2010
    Trying to take down the E4 and need to level some of my pokes. Any ideas for 40-50+? The victory road was okay. But I'm wondering if there's a better place.

Gulpin

poisonous
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017
    Trying to take down the E4 and need to level some of my pokes. Any ideas for 40-50+? The victory road was okay. But I'm wondering if there's a better place.

What are their exact levels? Because level 47 is a pretty good level, as long as once you get to lance you use some Rare Candies on your Ice type moves Pokemon. Anyways, all I can think of is Victory road and possibly Mt. Mortar above the waterfall.

Gulpin

poisonous
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017
    Is Poliwag better than Krabby in regards to having it on one's team?

It is up to who you're favorite is. Personally I chose Poliwag --> Politoed, just because I like Politoed, even though Poliwrath might have been better. Also, I think you can find Poliwag earlier than Krabby, and it can learn Ice Beam (idk about Krabby) which comes in handy for Lance and Clair! But overall, it is you're personal choice based on who you like better.

perfectmonster

Eggs Are Awesome!
    Years
    My wanted team is: Cyndaquil, Doduo, Bellsprout. I am thinking of getting an electric type, a water type and another pokemon, mainly a powerhouse. I am thinking of a Slowpoke or a Krabby for the water type. Can I please have some suggestions? And please none of the "It doesn't really matter, its up to you!" crap. I am looking for suggestions. Thanks! :P

PiPVoda

water, Forever
    Years
    • He / Him
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 2, 2022
    Hey, here's my team: pichu(my permanent pokemon!), dragonite, lapras, espeon, cyndaquil. Which is better for my sixth pokemon? Weavile, glameow or roserade?

So you have electric, dragon/flying, water/ice, psychic, and fire on your team. Ditch Glameow (IMO it's not useful) and go w/ Roserade so you will have a well-rounded team. Lapras has ice type covered so no need for Weavile, and also IMHO having a psychic and dark type on ur team at once is just....not needed...But Weavile does learn a heck of a lot more TMs than Roserade does, and also learns moves from leveling up (while Roserade does not) & it has better stats (they're neck&neck really). Though weavile does have 1 more weakness than Roserade. Tough choice!

My wanted team is: Cyndaquil, Doduo, Bellsprout. I am thinking of getting an electric type, a water type and another pokemon, mainly a powerhouse. I am thinking of a Slowpoke or a Krabby for the water type. Can I please have some suggestions? And please none of the "It doesn't really matter, its up to you!" crap. I am looking for suggestions. Thanks! :P

go with slowpoke. It's evolutions both have a decent learnset and TM pool but they are weak against 5 types (but have a lot of resistants so it balances out). Krabby is alright, but Kingler's learnset is too...inaccurate for me (like guillotine only have a 30% hit rate). And slowbro/slowking both have higher stats than Kingler.

If not slowpoke then gyarados from Lake of Rage (u can raise a magikarp if u have the patience though) or lanturn! It can cover both water and electric, it's a great combo.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 8, 2010
    Hi there, need some help -.-
    i went to my friend's house to try the wifi then when connecting it pop up a "contract" and asked yes or no. without reading, i pressed yes.. and it says about using this connection everytime i want to connect. So what does this means? I can't connect using other connection? am i able to change this?

Toxicroak

Mustard
    Years
    Mk, so my quilava lvs up to lv 21 and learns flame wheel, im fighting some geodude and i use it on a lv 6 geodude, it leave it on yellow hp, i ko it and fight another lv 6 geodude, i use ember and it ko's it straight away.

for the record ember has a power of 40 and flame wheel has a power of 60...
    whats going on?

Fire Wolf

it's as humid as a sauna, boy!
    Years
    It really depends. Sometimes, Flame Wheel also may be able to OHKO Geodude. Also sometimes, Ember may fail to OHKO. It depends on your luck.

Years
    • Seen May 8, 2010
    geodude's sdef is lower than its pdef? the nature might affect the damage output as well

Back