• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

HG/SS Help Thread

ry91

That's what she said!
    Years
    • Seen Apr 21, 2012
    NEED HELP!

ive decided to start ev training my guys... so im pretty much breeding right now with everstones to get new of my old guys...

i was wondering if i have like 5 pokemon who i want to ev in attack can i put exp shares on them and a macho brace on the guy fighting? would that work? and how do you tell if u maxed out the ev

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    Marill is in Mt. Mortar, but I can't find one. Do you have to Surf for it, or is it just rare? Thanks in advance!

Resultz

All- round Poke-Whizz
    Years
    im sure ive seen a marill just by running around o.O you must be unlucky...
    so i need to get dittos with both natures, and get recover onto cradily
    before i breed with ditto?

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday
    Marill is in Mt. Mortar, but I can't find one. Do you have to Surf for it, or is it just rare? Thanks in advance!
    It's a 1% chance of finding one on the first floor. If it's the Swarm Pokemon of the day, then the chances increase to 40%.

so i need to get dittos with both natures, and get recover onto cradily
    before i breed with ditto?
    Depends on your Pokemon.

But yes. It'll be easier to get Ditto with those natures because it'll lessen the amount of eggs you'll have to hatch to get those natures on Cleffa and Lileep. As for Recover, you'll need to have a male Corsola with Recover and breed it to a female Cradily/Lileep in order to pass on the egg move.

§1

Rocket grunt
    Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2022
    when i'm near mt. mortar my pokes say "huh? your pokemon found something on top of the mountain?"

what exactly does it mean by that?

Resultz

All- round Poke-Whizz
    Years
    It's a 1% chance of finding one on the first floor. If it's the Swarm Pokemon of the day, then the chances increase to 40%.

Depends on your Pokemon.

But yes. It'll be easier to get Ditto with those natures because it'll lessen the amount of eggs you'll have to hatch to get those natures on Cleffa and Lileep. As for Recover, you'll need to have a male Corsola with Recover and breed it to a female Cradily/Lileep in order to pass on the egg move.

so i need to carry over the egg move first?
    Male corsola -__- = ugh, any corsola is a pain to find and catch..

♥Sweetheart™

爱是永远
    Years
    • Seen Aug 1, 2010
    Ehh, I've read up on lots of walkthroughs but nothing is helping me...
    What are the best elements to defeat normal elements?
    I know normal is good against none/bad against none.
    I don't have a fighting type.

Help me? :L

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 20, 2020

You have to run around on 1F during a swarm day (when chances are 40%) or attempt for one in the Safari Zone.

Resultz

All- round Poke-Whizz
    Years

Unless you have a fighting move, Rock and steel types are best.. as they resist normal.

§1

Rocket grunt
    Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2022

are you trying to beat whitney or something?
    if thats the case just look up the stats of those types of pokes...like for instance miltank's sp.def is lower than it's def
    https://www.smogon.com/dp/pokemon/miltank

and because of that, special attacks are more effective than physical

rocky505

<Now who's awesome!
    Years
    Whitney is walled by the female Machop you get from a guy for a drowzee. The machop is female so attract won't do anything.

Years
    voltorb flip help

Does anyone know a good trick to the Voltorb Flip. I'm pretty bad at this..

1st look at all the rows that have a zero by the voltorb and u no that that row is safe to flip all the cards over

2nd look at all the edges that have the #'s and if the 2 #'s equall 5 u dont flip any of those cards over becaus none of them are 2s or 3s (usually i mark those with the voltorb memo so i dont forget and flip a possible voltorb over)

3rd u should be low on remaining cards that are possible 2s or 3s so it takes a little pressure off and it just got put right back on because the fewer cards the harder the guesses now u have to be mathematical i will give u a few ex. one row has 6 pionts with 2 voltorbs this means that there is a few possible 2's and 3's involved 2 of the cards are voltorbs meaning 3 are not the 3 cards can vary in possition and number this is where luck comes in the cards remaining could be 1,2,3 or 2,2,2 in any order so in the end the row could look like this:

1 3 V 2 V or 2 V 2 V 2 or anr variation in between

hope i helped get back at me if u have any more Q's

§1

Rocket grunt
    Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2022
    why does my meoth get more exp than my other pokes?

i've noticed this several times, and i can't figure out how this happens...

for example: i was ev training my munchlax by making it hold an EXP share; and my meoth beat a slowpoke with payday, and the exp gets divided up, but the meoth gets 142 exp, whereas the munchlax gets 126 exp

both pokes are from trades, and the meoth is not holding any items...so, why does this happen?

Oblivion Wing

IGN: Havel 3DS Friend Code: 5215-3694-9757
    Years
    Hey, well i don't know if it's a problem, but I want to know if it's just me or it's happening to everyone, what's happening to me:

When i turn on my game and go to the Mystery Gift section, it used to say "Make a Wish with Jirachi" event, now it says "There were no gifts found"
    for the past few days. Is it me or is it that they cut the Jirachi event and are they putting a new event?

Eeohnex

Illuminate
    Years
    Hey, well i don't know if it's a problem, but I want to know if it's just me or it's happening to everyone, what's happening to me:

When i turn on my game and go to the Mystery Gift section, it used to say "Make a Wish with Jirachi" event, now it says "There were no gifts found"
    for the past few days. Is it me or is it that they cut the Jirachi event and are they putting a new event?
    The Jirachi event ended Friday, it was available from: June 26th to July 16th.

empty streets

Ace trainer ★
    Years
    Are there any good EV-training places in HGSS?

Places with only those pokemon that give EVs in Attack, Speed, Sp.Attack and etc. I mostly need only these.

Usually I do my EV training in Diamond, but I got tired of always transferring my pokemon from one game to another.

§1

Rocket grunt
    Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2022
    Meowth was sent out to battle whereas Munchlax was not.

nope thats not it...exp share is supposed to split it 50/50
    and the exp share splits it 50/50 if i use another poke instead of my moewth (as long as that poke is also from a trade anyway)

here let me give you another example that i just now did:
    my meowth beat a lv2 pidgey and a lv3 pidgey, and then i had my munchlax & pachirisu (which are also from trades) do the exact same thing; and then i had a poke that is not from a trade do it

meowth
    lv2 - 25xp
    lv3 - 39xp

pachirisu
    lv2 - 22xp
    lv3 - 34xp

munchlax
    lv2 - 22xp
    lv3 - 34xp

lucario (not from a trade)
    lv2 - 15xp
    lv3 - 23xp

it's from Italy (apparently pokes from another language get a lil more exp)
    googled the OT = MATTEO and ID number = 30045

i got it from light_mew here on pokecommunity in april
    and i found a trade thread from it's orginal owner =)
    https://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=47333

Last edited:

Panfisha

BIGGLYPUFF?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2021
    Are there any good EV-training places in HGSS?

Places with only those pokemon that give EVs in Attack, Speed, Sp.Attack and etc. I mostly need only these.

Usually I do my EV training in Diamond, but I got tired of always transferring my pokemon from one game to another.
    One hot spot is route 43. You can encounter masses of girafarig, mareep, flaaffy(all of them give sp.atk EV's), and pidgeotto(speed EV's.) And at night, noctowl come out(2 hp EV's.)
    Or for HP, national park at night has ONLY hoothoot, which give 1 Hp EV.

Back