• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

HG/SS Help Thread

§1

Rocket grunt
    Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2022
    Are there any good EV-training places in HGSS?

Places with only those pokemon that give EVs in Attack, Speed, Sp.Attack and etc. I mostly need only these.

Usually I do my EV training in Diamond, but I got tired of always transferring my pokemon from one game to another.

atk - route 42 - goldeen 1ev, seaking 2ev
    def - route 45 - graveler 2ev, geodude 1ev, gligar 1ev, skarmory 2ev
    s.atk - ilex forest(surf) - psyduck 1ev, golduck 2ev
    s.def - route 41 - tentacool 1ev, tenacruel 2ev, mantine 2ev
    speed - route 10 - voltorb 1ev, raticate 2ev, spearow 1ev, fearow 2ev, electabuzz 2ev
    hp - slowpoke well(surf) - slowpoke 1ev

Last edited:

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 20, 2020
    nope thats not it...exp share is supposed to split it 50/50
    and the exp share splits it 50/50 if i use another poke instead of my moewth (as long as that poke is also from a trade anyway)

here let me give you another example that i just now did:
    my meowth beat a lv2 pidgey and a lv3 pidgey, and then i had my munchlax & pachirisu (which are also from trades) do the exact same thing; and then i had a poke that is not from a trade do it

meowth
    lv2 - 25xp
    lv3 - 39xp

pachirisu
    lv2 - 22xp
    lv3 - 34xp

munchlax
    lv2 - 22xp
    lv3 - 34xp

lucario (not from a trade)
    lv2 - 15xp
    lv3 - 23xp

Is your Meowth holding an item?

Years
    I recently start my game over cause I was unhappy with my first starter. So I went to choose chickorita. I'm trying to obtain my FC code. I forgot how to do it. Does anyone know how? If so can you tell me? Thanks. I got the pal pad.

Dillon_68

Lover of Winter
    Years
    I was wondering, when I'm breeding for an egg move, if the father accidentally deletes the move for another move through level up while in the daycare, will the egg moves still be transferred to the baby. I believe it does, but I want to make sure.

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Ok. So, I know the answers, etc. for Extremespeed Dratini.

So how come every previous run through, I've been un-able to obtain the Extremespeed Dratini? I did it once out of 8 times, in SoulSilver.

Now all the guy's ever done is ramble on about Lugia, then tell me to forget he said anything...

So, before I do the quiz, I need a step-by-step guide. You have about 40 minutes until Kingdra stands a chance against Claire, xD

JakeyBoy

Riddle me this
    Years
    Did you go back with less than 6 Pokemon in your party the first seven times?
    If not, there's your problem. I spent ages SRing to get it right, and he never gave it to me, then I figured out he gives it to you directly as opposed to through the PC, so you need to deposit a Pokemon then return to him to recieve it.

Years
    Gyro Ball

What do you guys think of this move? My Forretress just learned it and it seems like it's a nice move. However, it seems that I don't come across any slow Pokemon. Do you guys think this move is worth knowing?

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Yes.

You just need to remove all the speed EVs (Tamato berries, I think), and stuff it full of Hp Up, etc. so it can't get any faster. It'll be so slow, Gyro Ball will be powerful.

However, Forretress doesn't have much Attack power anyway, so it'll always seem weak

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 20, 2020
    Thank you I got it.

Oh by the way. Can anyone explain what is ev in a shorter forum? Because the one on seribii is too wordy. Well um let me know. Thanks.

Serebii has the best explanation on what are Effort Values. Google is your virus friend!

Mujahid

Sir Froakie is impressed.
    Years
    Thank you I got it.

Oh by the way. Can anyone explain what is ev in a shorter forum? Because the one on seribii is too wordy. Well um let me know. Thanks.

EV's are effort values..They are some "points" given by a poke when u defeat it...Pokemon give different values(or points as u can call them) in 5 different stats...4 evs increase a stat by one level...U can have 510 evs in total(only 508 can be converted into stats) and 252 in one particular stat..An EV trained pokemon is usually a lot more powerful than a normal one...

Hope i helped :)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Slight edit:

All 510 can be converted into stats. It depends what number are in each stat.

For example, if you have a set of 252 / 252 / 4, you have 2 spare, but they can't be converted into stat gains.

a 252 / 220 / 36 set, on the other hand, uses all 510 for stats

BlueEew

PokeProject - GO!
    Years
    I have the Japanese version of HG and I am stuck on the Safari Zone Custom Thing. I have managed to show him a Geodude and then a Sandshrew, and I can also change the areas around. However I cannot put objects in areas.

Do I have to wait so long or for another call or something?

Years
    I have the Japanese version of HG and I am stuck on the Safari Zone Custom Thing. I have managed to show him a Geodude and then a Sandshrew, and I can also change the areas around. However I cannot put objects in areas.

Do I have to wait so long or for another call or something?

After showing the Warden a Sandshrew, you will have to wait for a phone call from him telling you that you are now able to put in objects.

Years
    so I just got heartgold and well...I get to the violet gym...beat elder li and I went to the gym. When I got there...there was no gym leader >:O T_T. any1 can tell me whats going on?
    That is odd. After you defeated the Elder and got Flash you should of been able to battle him. Did you defeat all of the trainers in the tower?

Ok. So, I know the answers, etc. for Extremespeed Dratini.

So how come every previous run through, I've been un-able to obtain the Extremespeed Dratini? I did it once out of 8 times, in SoulSilver.

Now all the guy's ever done is ramble on about Lugia, then tell me to forget he said anything...

So, before I do the quiz, I need a step-by-step guide. You have about 40 minutes until Kingdra stands a chance against Claire, xD
    To get the Extreme Speed Dratini do not choose the following answers:

1. Underling
    2. Cheating
    3. Weak Person
    4. Violence
    On the final question answer both.

Back