• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

HG/SS Help Thread

JakeyBoy

Riddle me this
    Years
    Don't all the fishing gurus just say "hey buddy, you like fishing?" And you're all "Totally rad sir" and he's all "awesome, take my prized possession". Anyway yeah, maybe Gearuvagen's right. Just to confirm it, he's in the house above the Pokecenter. In fact, I'd bet my money on it that Gearuvagen's right. The trader is in the left-most house by the lighthouse, pretty much exactly north of the Pokemart.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    Mkay, thanks guys. I got it now. :) Another question, the Mt. Mortar path to get Tyrogue, is Rock Climb needed? It sure looks like it. I'm already lost in this place. :|

JakeyBoy

Riddle me this
    Years
    Nope. I got Tyrogue before I finished the Kanto League. I think you need Rock Smash or Strength or something though.

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    You need Waterfall, Surf, and possibly Strength to reach the Karate King. Although I think Rock Climb creates a shortcut :P

You also need to be able to defeat lv.37 Hitmonchan and Hitmonlee.

amberfunk

Almost master trainer
    Years
    • Seen May 15, 2014
    But I've been all over Route 25, and I haven't seen hide nor little red hair of her. Is their someone I have to talk to someone first?

You have to first go to the power plant and talk to the power plant owner then start going out of the power plant and the police man will get a phone call and you will learn that there is a shady character in cerluean city. Go to the gym and he will bump into you then follow him to nugget bridge battle him and he will tell you that the machine part for the power plant is in the gym. Go and get the machine part and take it back to the power plant. Then you can go to route 25 and misty should be there. :)

§1

Rocket grunt
    Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2022
    what do people call the celebi that unlocks the team rocket event?

also, if i got it from a trade would it unlock that event?

Weavile05

Currently Hacking BW
    Years
    This is to the guy that was asking about how to fight misty.
    Before you can interrupt her date you have to complete the Power Plant Sidequest.
    Go to the power plant and talk to the guy on the platform hanging over the machine.
    when you leave, the policeman will say that a shady character was spotted around the cerulean gym.
    Go inside the cerulean gym and a Rocket guy will barge into you.
    Go to that bridge that used to be nugget bridge back in gens 1 and 3.]
    He will run in between those two people, talk to him and he will challenge you.
    He will tell you where the machine part is
    Get the machine part and go back to the power plant.
    Talk to the manager guy and he will give you charge beam.
    Go back to cerulean, up the bridge, battle the six pack trainers and go onto cerulean cape, just past Bill's house.
    A guy will run off and Misty will call you a pest and return to her gym.
    There you have it.

i is nube

Nube
    Years
    Are we able to catch Ho-Oh in SoulSilver? I had a couple of people tell me that we could.

If its anything like geting Lugia in HG, go to pewter and talk to the old guy who is standing on an elevated area, he'll give you the item to battle ho-oh then go to the tower where ho-oh is in HG and he should be there.

If its diferent in SS the i dont know i have HG

pikachux2

Never Evolve
    Years
    rayquaza is playing hide and seek i cant find him he not there ive beat red what do i do cuz me dont know??

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Have you gotten both Kyogre and Groudon caught in HeartGold and SoulSilver(Hoenn, event etc. don't work)??

Have you then visited Professor Oak and obtained the Jade Orb??

Have you then visited Embedded Tower on Route 48?? (might be 47/9, not sure)

If you haven't done those steps, then your problem is solved. If you have, it isn't solved.

Weavile05

Currently Hacking BW
    Years
    you have to catch embedded tower groudon, then trade with someone for an embedded tower Kyogre (or viceversa if you have HG). You probably have to have both in your party, but either way, you need both, and they both have to be from embedded tower. Then go to prof. oak, he will give you a jade orb. Take that to embedded tower Rayquaza should be there.

Years
    Thanks for the help on the rods guys. I don't have a water pokemon on my team. I'm looking for one. I just finish fighting team rocket. All my pokemon are in the 30's. Does anyone know where to train them in the johto? For my water pokemon I'm thinking of a poliwag. I'm not sure. what kind do you use? Thanks.

Gulpin

poisonous
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017
    Thanks for the help on the rods guys. I don't have a water pokemon on my team. I'm looking for one. I just finish fighting team rocket. All my pokemon are in the 30's. Does anyone know where to train them in the johto? For my water pokemon I'm thinking of a poliwag. I'm not sure. what kind do you use? Thanks.

In every playthrough of HG/SS I've either used Politoed or Poliwrath, both evolutions of Poliwag. Another good water type would be Quagsire; the typing elimates the Electricity weakness but enhances the grass weakness. Lapras or Lanturne are also good choices.

Back