• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

HG/SS Help Thread

Gooner_Tyzack

Where's The Frigging Ditto?
    Years
    Whats New?:)

Haven't been on here/pokemon souldsilver for ages just wondering if there is anything new found etc?:)

JakeyBoy

Riddle me this
    Years
    Can any one help me? Any pokemon that Would be useful in catching it?
    Lugia has a ridiculously low catch rate, so no matter what the situation is there's going to be a ton of ball-chucking involved. Get it to low HP, preferably with False Swipe if that's available yet, then just start tossing Dusk Balls. shoving a status effect on it would help as well, preferably sleep, freeze, or paralyse. That's just the obvious stuff, but I remember from when I got Ho-oh in HG it's not that hard to get them to low health, and just switch to a type that resists it's moves when you're ready.

Haven't been on here/pokemon souldsilver for ages just wondering if there is anything new found etc?:)
    What does this even mean?

in safari zone, what does "beside itself with anger" mean?
    I always figured it was essentially the same as a critical hit.

Guy

just a guy
    Years
    There's quite a few new things involved in HG/SS compared to its original games. You can search through the our FAQ & Known Information for more details or create a search though sites like Serebii.

And on a sidenote: I thought you couldn't rebattle Red :/.
    You can have a rematch with Red actually. Every time you defeat the Elite Four you can climb back up Mt. Silver and battle Red again.

JakeyBoy

Riddle me this
    Years
    What's stopping you from battling him otherwise? I could have sworn in the originals you could come and go as you like.

Years
    Hello. I recently start the game over and I end up in eucraking city. I need help battling a gengar. My pokemon that I'm using right now is bayleef and gastly. I also have cyndiqul and pichu right now. They are not trained yet though. Does anyone have any idea on how to beat morty? Thanks.

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen today
    What's stopping you from battling him otherwise? I could have sworn in the originals you could come and go as you like.
    Nope. You always had to beat the E4 first, even back in G/S/C.

Hello. I recently start the game over and I end up in eucraking city. I need help battling a gengar. My pokemon that I'm using right now is bayleef and gastly. I also have cyndiqul and pichu right now. They are not trained yet though. Does anyone have any idea on how to beat morty? Thanks.
    idk. Personally, I find Normal-types the best Pokemon to use against Morty, like a Raticate/Croconaw duo with Bite/Crunch, which I used the first time I beat him. I've also seen someone use a newly-caught Stantler against Gengar, by using a Leer and Hypnosis combination on it until weak enough that Astonish works. Or even a Furret, which won't be affected by the Ghost moves, and can learn Shadow Claw, a TM move gained when you head towards Mahogany Town (which you can do now).

Really, you just need a Pokemon with high enough Special Defenses against Shadow Ball, and a move that affects Ghost-types. That's why Normals are my go-to type for that Gym.

Weavile05

Currently Hacking BW
    Years
    Does anyone know where I can SEE (not catch) a cyndaquil? I want to ask for one in the gts, except that I've never seen one or its evolved forms. Help?

Callandor

ughhh....
    Years
    Where's Misty!!!!

Alright, so I'm trying to find Misty so I can fight her. I looked it up on Serebii but all it said was to find her on Route 25. Does anyone know what I have to do to find her?

Years
    Alright, so I'm trying to find Misty so I can fight her. I looked it up on Serebii but all it said was to find her on Route 25. Does anyone know what I have to do to find her?
    You have to go to Route 25 and interrupt her date. After you do that you can battle her in the gym.

polkop

LSHMSFOAIDMT
    Years
    I'm looking for an old rod. I went back to the goldenrod city and I couldn't find it. What is it near? Can anyone help me? thank.

The old Rod is on the route 32 (If I remember great)
    It is the road down Violet city.
    In the pokemoncenter, just before the cave, talk to the fisherman and he will give you an Old Rod.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    ^ AHHHH SPOILER. :(

Anyway, I can't read Japanese, so what is the Fishing Guru in Olivine City telling me? I get the feeling I'm supposed to show him a Magikarp or something. I just want the Rod, dangit. ;-;

Christopher

Hear Me Roar
    Years
    you might be speaking to the fisher who wants to trade for a Krabby as the one in Olivine has no requirement to obtain the rod.
    The one who gives you the Good rod is in the house under the gym

Back