• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

HG/SS Help Thread

Years
    Breeding Question.

If I breed, for example, a Charizard (Male) with Flawless IV's (31/31/31/31/31/31) with a Ditto with Flawless IV's too, does the Charmander (Regardless of Nature and Gender) from the egg also get flawless IV's?

How about the other way around? A Flawless IV'ed Ditto with a Female Flawless IV'ed Charizard?

I'm pretty sure iv's are calculated at capture point (or in this case, birth point). each pokemon is different in it's own way. so I doubt that the baby would have flawless iv's. it's a random thing. don't just take my word for it though I'm not completely 100% sure I'm right

--------------------------------------------------------------

btw I still can't connect my ds to the wii messaging thing ... still looking for help :D

Last edited:

rocky505

<Now who's awesome!
    Years
    Hey, just wondering if there's any good spots to grind before the Elite Four. My team consists of: Umbreon (Lvl 40), Raikou (Lvl 40), Typhlosion (Lvl 40), Gyarados (Lvl 40), Togetic (Lvl 26), Nideoqueen (Lvl 26). I want to grind Nidoqueen and Togetic to 45 along with the rest of my team, but Victory Road doesn't cut it, and neither does anywhere else that I know of.
    I always use the new route, route 47. You need waterfall to get to it. You can find ditto's which will give you a lot of EXP if you let it transform into your pokemon. And there are miltanks there which give out pretty good EXP. Their levels go from around 32-40.

Ryu-kun

Dreeeaaaams...
    Years
    I need help
    My friend's connection just wont work on HG... It always gives the error message when trying to connect... He is using my wireless connection and it is working fine with my DS... What might be the problem?

We just want his precious Graveler into Golem

Kip

🔥 Fluffy Fire Fox
    Years
    • Age 32
    • They/Them
    • UK
    • Seen May 16, 2024
    I need help
    My friend's connection just wont work on HG... It always gives the error message when trying to connect... He is using my wireless connection and it is working fine with my DS... What might be the problem?

It would be nice if you could be a little more specific. What exactly is the error message your friend is getting? And does he experience the same problem with any other DS game? If so, then it is possible that it is a hardware fault with his DS. If not then it might be a problem with his HeartGold game card. Either way you need to provide more specific info.

Pwnyta Jockey

Bees Hate You, Pwnyta!
    Years
    I need help

Has this friend entered your wireless info such as 'wifi source name' and 'wifi source password' into his DS'?

Could just Union Room for the Golem...

Ryu-kun

Dreeeaaaams...
    Years
    Oh, umm... He just recieved the game and the console two days ago... And that is his only game.
    He went to get his Pal Pad, and when he tried to get his FC, an error popped up. It said that it was unable to connect to the Nintendo WFC, despite being like next to the router. However, my SoulSilver works perfectly fine and has completely same setup.

We tried going to GTS too... The same message popped up.

I did, however, trade on his DSi with my Platinum once. I used my Platinum in his DSi and my SS in my DS Lite... It worked finely then... Well... Except that it wanted to replace some setup in the Platinum save file (While still inside the DSi)... I saved and reseted the file in my Platinum game.

Could this setup replacement thing be the cause of it?

Years
    • Seen Sep 12, 2016
    Breeding Question.

If I breed, for example, a Charizard (Male) with Flawless IV's (31/31/31/31/31/31) with a Ditto with Flawless IV's too, does the Charmander (Regardless of Nature and Gender) from the egg also get flawless IV's?

How about the other way around? A Flawless IV'ed Ditto with a Female Flawless IV'ed Charizard?
    I asked that question before...

Here's the answer I got from the good moderator:
    They don't all come off randomly when you breed a Pokemon. Either 1,2 or 3 stats can be passed down from the parents onto the offspring (say the father's attack stat and the mother's defense and speed stat) when you bred - which stats get passed down is random though. It's usually three unless say the rng picks the same stat twice (or thrice - i.e. the father's attack stat twice and mother's speed stat so only thos two get passed down). The Power items force though stat that get passed down though if on a parent.

Pandesal

W - Luna! Trigger!
    Years
    • Seen Apr 5, 2011
    Just did a bit of searching to see if someone else has answered it, given my explanation will probably just induce confusion XD
    When you have the Dowsing MCHN open on your touch screen, I found it best to keep the stylus on the radar. The radar then begins to get more orange instead of faintly red, and a small dot will appear in one of the squares. The dot is the item. Keep moving in the direction of the item while using the Dowsing MCHN, and soon the dot will be in the center of the radar. Then the item is where you're standing, so look around there.

I hope that helps you out a bit.
    And just to add, the beeping of the Dowsing MCHN becomes faster and more high pitched the closer to the item you get, though the visual aid on screen is probably enough. Happy item hunting!

Years
    I got the drowsing machine. I want to know how to use it. Can anyone tell me? Thanks.

dowsing, you mean? well go to your key items pocket, click it, select use (you'll probably end up wanting to register the dowsing machine to the y spot or the other registered spot (you can register two items)...the dowsing machine is much more useful than the old itemfinder, and you'll want to use it often), and then touch the screen that comes up. if an item is nearby the sound it makes will be higher than normal and gets higher the closer you are to the item. when you get close enough a dot will appear on the screen, indicating where the item is.

--------------------------------------

btw I'm still needing help with my wii :)

Last edited:
    Years
    Oh I get it. I have another question. When we catch the pokemon in our pc in the game. Then later if we feel like trading it off will the pokeball in the pokedex be gone. Let me know. Thanks.

FrostPheonix

Eternity.
    Years
    Oh I get it. I have another question. When we catch the pokemon in our pc in the game. Then later if we feel like trading it off will the pokeball in the pokedex be gone. Let me know. Thanks.

Quite confusing due to the way you said it, but if you mean that if you trade off the one pokemon you had of that kind, then no, you will not lose the pokeball, or, the pokedex entry.

Years
    • Seen Oct 24, 2014
    Is there a particular method for chaining in HG, like there is with the Pokeradar in Diamond?

rocky505

<Now who's awesome!
    Years
    Nope the poke radar was removed from HGSS. The only way to find shinies is random encounters or Soft reseting.

Christopher

Hear Me Roar
    Years
    there is a PP max on route 45* in the tin tower,whirl islands ,and 2 in the dragons den*
    in Kanto there is one on route 19,26*, Vermillion City and in Digletts cave

*Means use the Dowsing machine one is visible in the Dragons Den the other is not

Years
    This morning I was trying to find a raltas south of goldenrod city. I couldn't even find one. Are they in the trees or in grass? Let me know. Thanks.

Back