• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

HG/SS Help Thread

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
    This morning I was trying to find a raltas south of goldenrod city. I couldn't even find one. Are they in the trees or in grass? Let me know. Thanks.

Ralts is found on Route 34 only if there is a Swarm... Check the Professor Oak's Pokemon Talk radio channel daily until Ralts is mentioned to be swarming.

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Ralts are a swarm pokemon.

They're in the grass, don't worry. However, you have to listen to Professor Oak's Pokemon Talk on the Pokegear Radio. When he announces "Ralts can be found in Route 34!", then you can go there, and they'll be common as rattata.

EDIT: Beaten.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 5, 2010
    Can't Migate from Sapphire

I have Soul Silver and when I go to the start up screen, when it shows my Sapphire box, it freezes, still plays music, but does nothing at all. Both copies of Pokemon are USA, but I imported my DS from Japan, that is the only thing I can think it would be. If anyone has any ideas, please tell me.

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday
    anyone knows when the next hgss wifi event is going to be?
    One can't really pinpoint an exact date, or even what the event is going to be. (NOA might skip over a certain event if they feel there won't be a good turn-out. Though that was more likely to happen back when events could be used for advertising purposes.)

The best thing to do is to keep an eye for any news from a Pokemon fansite or Pokemon's official American website (pokemon.com). Then you'll know enough in advance to hopefully prepare.

Right now, we can only guess when.

Last edited:
    Years
    Bit of advice regarding shinys and breeding.

Got a trade via GTS yesterday, and the Cyndaquil I got turned out to be a shiny (Which was nice). However:

1. I remember a while back reading that pokemon levelled up via a trade (Someone elses) doesn't end up as good as one trained by yourself. Is this true?

2. Does the shiny pass down if I bred this Cyndaquil with a Ditto?

Cheers to anyone that replies.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    Bit of advice regarding shinys and breeding.

Got a trade via GTS yesterday, and the Cyndaquil I got turned out to be a shiny (Which was nice). However:

1. I remember a while back reading that pokemon levelled up via a trade (Someone elses) doesn't end up as good as one trained by yourself. Is this true?

2. Does the shiny pass down if I bred this Cyndaquil with a Ditto?

Cheers to anyone that replies.
    1. No. Traded Pokemon get 1.5x more experience than those you've trained yourself. Sometimes Pokemon obtained from trades may not obey you unless you have a certain amount of gym badges.

2. No. But the chances of you getting a shiny baby Cyndaquil does increase when either your Cyndaquil or an appropriate parent is a foreign language (known as the Masuda Method). The chances of you getting a shiny baby this way are still low, though.

Years
    1. No. Traded Pokemon get 1.5x more experience than those you've trained yourself. Sometimes Pokemon obtained from trades may not obey you unless you have a certain amount of gym badges.

2. No. But the chances of you getting a shiny baby Cyndaquil does increase when either your Cyndaquil or an appropriate parent is a foreign language (known as the Masuda Method). The chances of you getting a shiny baby this way are still low, though.

Ah ok, I knew about the experience gain, but always thought that the stats when they levelled up weren't as good as if it was your own. The second question doesn't really matter now if that's the case, though could be handy for future reference.

Cheers for the quick reply.

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    I think I know where you may have got the idea from...

Pokemon get EVs from defeating others, as well as experience. These EVs, or "Effort Values", increase a stat by 1 point every time you gain 4 of them. Boosted experience does not mean boosted EVs, so I guess traded pokemon get less EVs per level compared to normal pokemon. But the ease at which they gain levels balance it out, so it's nothing to worry about :D

Years
    Am I ready to fight the elite 4 for the second time around Here is my team:

Meganium level 79
    Ampharos level 75
    Dragonite level 66
    Houndoom level 66
    Sneasel level 50 (It hasn't turned to weavil yet) (I still need razor claw.)
    Empoleon level 40

I get tired of battling the gym leaders over and over. I want to rebattle my rival, but I don't know where else to battle him. The last time I battle him is when I teamed up with him against clair and lance. The dragon trainers. This is still my first team. I haven't worked on second yet.

Edit: Also I'm trying to get a cyndiquil that knows fire blitz. Does a female rapadasih work with cyndiquil for breeding?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday
    Edit: Also I'm trying to get a cyndiquil that knows fire blitz. Does a female rapadasih work with cyndiquil for breeding?
    Cyndaquil is part of the Ground Egg Group, which Rapidash isn't a part of. Also, if you breed a female Pokemon to a male Pokemon, the resulting egg will be the same species of the mother. Therefore, female Rapidash + male Cyndaquil = baby Rapidash Ponyta.

Can't quite help you with the E4 question.

Last edited:

rocky505

<Now who's awesome!
    Years
    Cyndaquil is part of the Ground Egg Group, which Rapidash isn't a part of. Also, if you breed a female Pokemon to a male Pokemon, the resulting egg will be the same species of the mother. Therefore, female Rapidash + male Cyndaquil = baby Rapidash Ponyta.

Can't quite help you with the E4 question.
    Rapidash is in the ground egg group.

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday
    So it is. My tired eyes missed it when scanning SPP's tiny font. Shows me to post when I get new glasses.

My point still stands though that the resulting egg that ltsang will get from the female Rapidash and male Cyndaquil will be a Ponyta. I know I got that right.

Years
    So then how I do I do the breeding thing?

The moves obtained by a Pokémon when hatching are as follows:

• The Pokémon will start with any moves that it would learn as a "Start" move in its learnset (In Generation II and Generation III, they learned all moves that are level 5 and below in their learnset.).
    • The Pokémon will start with any moves that it would learn by leveling up only if both parents know the move. This does not apply to moves that later evolutions can learn (such as Breloom's Mach Punch, which Shroomish cannot learn).
    • The Pokémon will start with any TM or HM moves (and starting in Crystal, move tutor moves) that the father knows and the baby can also learn by machine.
    • The Pokémon will start with any egg moves that the baby can learn and the father knows.
    https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Pokémon_breeding
    (^ I put my sources :D ^)

~~~~

that, along with https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Cyndaquil_(Pokémon) are everything you need to make cyndaquil learn flare blitz

~~~~

so basically, what these are telling you: the first section tells you how to pass egg moves. notice the last bullet: "The Pokemon will start with any egg moves that the baby can learn and the father knows."

well if you look at the second link, for cyndaquil, and scroll down some to the egg moves (titled "By Breeding"), you'll see that cyndaquil can learn flare blitz, and rapadash is one of the parents it can learn it from. so you have everything you need. now for how to do it

~~~~

what you do is you put a female cyndaquil into the daycare. you then put a male rapadash in the daycare who knows flare blitz. then you turn on your tv (real life) and bicycle up and down goldenrod (game) until you get a call from the daycare guy (it won't take too too long, maybe 5 minutes or less. some people just like tvs :D) telling you and egg was laid (make sure you have that call feature on by talking to the husband). when you get that call make sure you have 5 or less pokemon in your party and talk to the wife. she'll give you an egg. take your other two pokemon out of the daycare too unless you want another egg to be born while you're hatching the first egg (or if you want, you can do that. just remember your pokemon will level up and moves will be deleted if you don't take them out of the daycare). to hatch the egg bicycle up and down goldenrod city until the egg hatches. viola it will hatch into a cyndaquil that knows flare blitz

cheers!

------------------------------------------------------------------

btw still looking for help with my wii problem...

Last edited:
    Back