• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

HG/SS Help Thread

Years
  • Completly new to breeding, have read all the guides I can find and can't see an answer. My question is, can I breed Male Pokemon with a Ditto to get a egg of the male pokemon?

Thanks In Advance

Yes in most cases.
    Latios and Heatran will not breed with Ditto. And to breed again with Ditto would require a 'grandchild'.

Yes, Pokemon can mate with 'distant' relatives. It's just like a pet shop!

iRawr

Poli?
    Years
    • Uk
    • Seen Apr 5, 2010
    Put the pokemon in the PC you want to transfer over to there... then reset you DS and click on connect pokewalker and then go for a walk and on the pokewalker press connect... Do this on a flat surface so it always picks up!

Years
    • Seen May 4, 2023
    Put the pokemon in the PC you want to transfer over to there... then reset you DS and click on connect pokewalker and then go for a walk and on the pokewalker press connect... Do this on a flat surface so it always picks up!

ok thanks for your help mate

Years
  • I'm in a bind-- Prof. Elm is supposed to call you when you go outside Pyrce's gym after beating him, right? He never did! So I can't go to the Radio Tower.. I don't know what I did wrong, but he's not calling and I've done everything you can do in Mahogany town.

Years
  • wered you get a metal coat? iv just got a syther and would really love to evolve him, if anyone is willing to give me ones id be greatfull. :D

chaos11011

[untitled]
    Years
    • Age 27
    • MA
    • Seen May 4, 2021
    wered you get a metal coat? iv just got a syther and would really love to evolve him, if anyone is willing to give me ones id be greatfull. :D
    I belive on fridays the Pokelathlon gives them out as a prize (2500 Points) You can also get it when you aboard the S.S Aqua

Last edited:

chaos11011

[untitled]
    Years
    • Age 27
    • MA
    • Seen May 4, 2021
    thank you! iv just started so im guessing im no were near that. well i just got a syther so iv had it a few hours. :P
    Yeah once you beat WHitney you have access to the Pokelathlon once you have 2500 points chane your DS Time to Friday and Obtain the Metal Coat

Years
  • For battle points, how far do I have to get in the Battle Frontier to achieve battle points and is there a specific section that I have to choose out of the five options?

Swimmer Ryan

Training Water Types Since '99
    Years
  • I was trying to catch a Magmar, so I looked up where I could find it. Apparently Bulbapedia says it's in Burned/Brass Tower. I went there and after hundreds of attempts, I couldn't find Magmar, I went back on Bulbapedia and it said the pokemon was 'Walking' instead of telling me where it was. What does this mean?

Back