• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

HG/SS Help Thread

2nd-Thanatos

Watchmen of Sector 2.
    Years
    I may sound kinda noob, but... Recently I've been playing with things I didn't used at all, like the Safari Zone and the Pokeathlon.

But there is something about the Safari Zone I don't get. How does it work? How do I know if I have to throw mud or food? How many times?

On the other hand, a question about shinies. The rate of shinies are (if I'm not wrong) 1/8912. But, that means one of eight thousand wild pokémon will be shiny, or one of eight thousand certain pokémon (let's say, Magikarp) is shiny?

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    I may sound kinda noob, but... Recently I've been playing with things I didn't used at all, like the Safari Zone and the Pokeathlon.

But there is something about the Safari Zone I don't get. How does it work? How do I know if I have to throw mud or food? How many times?
    The thing is...you can't know. Mud makes them more likely to flee and easier to catch, while food makes them more likely to stay but harder to catch. (Why is a good question =p). Matter of luck, really - not much you can do about it.
    On the other hand, a question about shinies. The rate of shinies are (if I'm not wrong) 1/8912. But, that means one of eight thousand wild pokémon will be shiny, or one of eight thousand certain pokémon (let's say, Magikarp) is shiny?
    The rate is actually 1/8192. ;p And it means that the chance for any Pokemon to be shiny, bar the Red Gyarados, is 1/8192. (As a beside, you could encounter 50 Pokemon and happen on a shiny, or 20,000 and not find one shiny Pokemon - also a matter of luck.)

Years
    hey guys can someone give me a simple explanation of how to RNG in SS or just a better site all the ones I've found are not working . Thanks in Advance

@above what is RNG Please?

Code:
    Have the following:

[LIST]
    [*]Pokemon Pearl or Diamond or Platinum
    [*]Poketch Apps [URL="https://pokemon.wikia.com/wiki/Friendship_Checker"]Six[/URL] and [URL="https://pokemon.wikia.com/wiki/Coin_Toss"]Fifteen[/URL].
    [*]The National Dex and access to Resort Area and Fight Area
    [*]RNG Reporter (Download [URL="https://users.smogon.com/mingot/rngreporter.htm"]here[/URL])
    [LIST]
    [*]Extracted into a folder that you can access easily.
    [/LIST]

[*]Half a brain and ability to read text.
    [*]Your DS synced to an external clock
    [*][URL="https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Fight_Area"]Super Rod[/URL]
    [*]Your Secret ID (SID)
    [LIST]
    [*][URL="https://www.smogon.com/ingame/rng/deducing_secret_id"]Deduce[/URL] or ask forums to find it.
    [/LIST]

[/LIST]

Ok, now you have what you need to RNG those shiny Pokemon.

Process in game:

[INDENT]1. Preparation

[/INDENT]
    [LIST]
    [*]
    [LIST]
    [*]Have no Pokemon currently in the Daycare at Solaceon Town.
    [*]Have 5 pokemon in your party. Note: Eggs do NOT count as party members.
    [*]Have Poketch App [URL="https://pokemon.wikia.com/wiki/Pok%C3%A9mon_List"]Five[/URL] (Party Status) as your current app.
    [*]Save (in the grass in [URL="https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Route_225"]Route 225[/URL] [Diamond/Pearl])  /  (By the pond in [URL="https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Resort_Area"]Resort Area[/URL] [Plat]).
    [/LIST]

[/LIST]

[INDENT]2. Starting

[/INDENT][INDENT]
    [LIST]
    [*]Soft reset your game, or re-load your game from your DS main screen.
    [*]Tap the A button as fast as you can to load the game.
    [LIST]
    [*]You want to get into the game as fast as you can.
    [/LIST]

[*]As you "enter" the Pokemon world, note down what time (Date/Hour/Minute) it is when you continue.
    [LIST]
    [*][Diamond/Pearl]Encounter a wild Pokemon in the grass and catch it. (47+) -- no? reset.
    [*][Plat] Fish up a Pokemon with Super Rod from the pond and catch it. (47+) -- no? reset.
    [/LIST]

[/LIST]
    3. Determination

[LIST]
    [*]Open up RNG Reporter. Press [Seed Finder] --> [Find Seed By Stats].
    [LIST]
    [*]Input every detail from the Pokemon you just caught.
    [*]Include the Date/Hour/Minute (hours in military time)
    [*]Click Find.
    [/LIST]

[*]Right click the seed that was just generated. Write down the "Delay" for more advanced RNG (later)
    [LIST]
    [*]Copy to clipboard/Use Seed.
    [*](Exit the Seed Finder),
    [*]Make sure that the "Seed" that was just determined ends up in the "Seed (Hex)" box.
    [/LIST]

[*]Click on the Method dropdown, and select "DPPt Egg PID (Normal)" --- (Japanese ditto = International)
    [LIST]
    [*]Make sure your SID and ID are put into RNG Reporter. Check "Shiny Only"
    [/LIST]

[*]Click Generate.
    [*]Right click the first result and "Calculate Poketch Taps"
    [LIST]
    [*]It will say # of Happiness Taps, and # of Coin Flips.
    [/LIST]

[/LIST]
    4. Action

[/INDENT][INDENT]
    [LIST]
    [*]Go "up" one more Poketch app from Five [Party Status] to Six [Happiness Checker].
    [LIST]
    [*]Do the number of Happiness Taps it says.
    [LIST]
    [*]Keep track of taps (in 5's, 10's, etc). Do them all.
    [/LIST]

[/LIST]

[*]Go "up" to app Fifteen [Coin Flip].
    [LIST]
    [*]Do the number of Coin Flips it says.
    [/LIST]

[*]Fly to Solaceon Town, Go into Daycare, Deposit Parents.
    [LIST]
    [*]You can swap out your parents from your PC if you desire.
    [/LIST]

[*]Leave the Daycare, run around until the egg is generated. **
    [LIST]
    [*]Collect your egg. Hatch it. It's shiny.
    [LIST]
    [*]
    [LIST]
    [*]no? You messed up. Go back to step 2 and start over.
    [/LIST]

[/LIST]

[/LIST]

[*]Enjoy your shiny.
    [*]Save your shiny.
    [LIST]
    [*]To get another shiny, go back to 1.
    [/LIST]

[/LIST]

[/INDENT]
    im afraid i will get warned if i post the links so i just copy and paste here...

pokewalker

If it ain't Dutch,it ain'tmuch
    Years
    THe battery of my pokewalker died, and now I can't play on it anymore :'( So does anyone know where to buy a new battery? It needs to have exactly the same amount of volt & the same size as the original battery >_> I live in the Netherlands, btw.

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
    If you search cr2032 battery there are multiple results, such as Amazon and so forth. So you can weigh you possiblities through that. Looks like most of them are in the $2 range.

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
    Unless it is a not breedable group which Charmander is not then it should work. You are not be patient enough then.

Bluerang1

pin pin
    Years
    Say I buy a UK version of Pokémon Black. When I'm in America and an event is on at GameStop, will I be able to get the Pokemon on my UK game? I know that with Wi-Fi events I'll have to go with the European events and dates, but with local events, I can get the Pokemon right?

I know that this is the HGSS thread but I want to know what currently happens with HGSS and DPPt. Thanks :)

Years
    evee to espeon in diamond.

Hi I wanted to know if I can evolve evee into espeon in diamond. Because I'm about to play diamond and I want to transfer my evee to diamond so I can get a espeon. Let me know thanks.

Years
    • Seen Feb 23, 2011
    Random shiny Donphan

When i was traing my Grovyle I found a wild shiny Donphan.I really happy :-)

§1

Rocket grunt
    Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2022
    to get 5 shiny leaves, do i just keep talking to my pokemon in the same area that it found the first 1?

Years
    • Seen Feb 24, 2011
    For batteries, try going to a local electronics store. If that fails, try to find one of those cheap plastic watches and gadgets, take out the battery, and use it.

Christopher

Hear Me Roar
    Years
    Thanks for the tips but I already know how to do it in D/P/Pt I was asking about HG/SS exclusively.
    on to my question I just arrived at the Safari Zone and got the object placement thing I then placed 28 peak objects in the desert to catch a hippopotas when a trapinch appeared I was a little stunned because Serebii says I must wait 30 days, I waited maybe 3 seconds I tried this in the mountain area too and sure enough a Metang showed up. I just started placing items that day can someone explain how this is possible.

Back