• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

HG/SS Help Thread

2nd-Thanatos

Watchmen of Sector 2.
    Years
    A few days ago I saw a post about the Raikou Event, and since I'm in Europe, of course I'm going to get it (Raikou is my fav legendary, by the way). The point is, is that event only for HGSS, or it's available for DPPt too?

Erufuun

apple bunny lover <3
    Years
    A few days ago I saw a post about the Raikou Event, and since I'm in Europe, of course I'm going to get it (Raikou is my fav legendary, by the way). The point is, is that event only for HGSS, or it's available for DPPt too?

No the Shiny Raikou event is for all 4th Generation games. :3 (Diamond, Pearl, Platinum, Heartgold, and Souldsilver.)
    Bring one or bring them all! :D

PokéSwimmer

Keeping time time time
    Years

If you tried today, I think you probably have missed your Raikou. I got an Entei as well, but got my Raikou yesterday. :3

As for me, I got a question : Are those Shiny Johto Beasts tradable ? (sp?)

Every Pokémon is tradable. The Beasts (and other events) however, have a ribbon that prevents them from being traded on GTS. They are still able to be traded over WiFi or local wireless.

Panfisha

BIGGLYPUFF?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2021
    Is there anything to what the Director says after you beat the final rocket boss, about "this is what they call a Fake Out"? It makes me think he has something to do with the move Fake Out, and that he's not just saying it.

Fushigidane-Chan

Years
    Is there anything to what the Director says after you beat the final rocket boss, about "this is what they call a Fake Out"? It makes me think he has something to do with the move Fake Out, and that he's not just saying it.

I've been replaying HeartGold and happened to just beat Archer today, so I saw the director say that. I think there was a pun of sorts in the original Japanese script, but translated, the pun is lost and the sentence becomes nonsensical. =/

Years
    Apologies in advance because I am sure this question has been asked before but this topic has a lot of pages. I decided to go and explore the Safari Zone today and I was wondering how exactly does it work? Say I want a Gible, do I have to put the required blocks on the Rocky Beach then wait for 100 days for Gible to appear or is it less time consuming than that?

Thanks in advance! :)

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    Apologies in advance because I am sure this question has been asked before but this topic has a lot of pages. I decided to go and explore the Safari Zone today and I was wondering how exactly does it work? Say I want a Gible, do I have to put the required blocks on the Rocky Beach then wait for 100 days for Gible to appear or is it less time consuming than that?

Thanks in advance! :)
    Yes. You have to put the required blocks in the Rocky Beach area in the Safari Zone, then wait out the full 100 days for Gible to show up. It's time consuming, but you can find other things to do while you wait.

Years
    Yes. You have to put the required blocks in the Rocky Beach area in the Safari Zone, then wait out the full 100 days for Gible to show up. It's time consuming, but you can find other things to do while you wait.

How do we wait? Can we turn off the game and wait a 100 days and turn the game back on and gible will appear in those blocks? I've never been to the safari zone before. I did just for random catching, but not catching rare pokemon like gible before. 100 days is alot of days to wait. I guess I go play something else while I wait. Let me know thanks.

We can't save in the safari zone can't we.

Guy

just a guy
    Years
    How do we wait? Can we turn off the game and wait a 100 days and turn the game back on and gible will appear in those blocks? I've never been to the safari zone before. I did just for random catching, but not catching rare pokemon like gible before. 100 days is alot of days to wait. I guess I go play something else while I wait. Let me know thanks.

We can't save in the safari zone can't we.
    You can either play the game everyday for 100 days or you can find other things to do around you for the next 100 days. It is not required that you play for 100 days before Gible shows up, just that you wait the 100 days. The internal clock is pretty well designed this time, so it's not like you can fast forward the time or date on your DS system to 100 days later.

...and nope, you can't save in the Safari Zone. It doesn't give you that option.

greg0915

Tomorrow is a new day
    Years
    OHKO

Hey I am trying something out but it doesn't seem to be working
    I was doing a double battle with:
    Rhydon Lv. 44 (lightningrod)
    Machoke Lv. 39 (no guard)
    I tried using Rhydons Horn drill with Machokes no guard on a Lv. 44 Arbok but Horn drill kept missing!!!

I am really confused =[

Years
    You can either play the game everyday for 100 days or you can find other things to do around you for the next 100 days. It is not required that you play for 100 days before Gible shows up, just that you wait the 100 days. The internal clock is pretty well designed this time, so it's not like you can fast forward the time or date on your DS system to 100 days later.

...and nope, you can't save in the Safari Zone. It doesn't give you that option.

So we can't change the the and date to a 100 days later.

Years
    I have a question in scizor would you use x-scissor or u-turn. I use X-scissor in my scizor. So what's the difference and how good is u-turn? Let me know what your idea is.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    I have a question in scizor would you use x-scissor or u-turn. I use X-scissor in my scizor. So what's the difference and how good is u-turn? Let me know what your idea is.
    U-turn lets you switch out while you attack (good for Choice sets). X-Scissor is there if you want a slightly stronger attack (better on Swords Dance sets). Since most Scizor run Technician, Bug Bite is a better alternative (it's base 90 power before STAB, thanks to it being a 60 BP move).

Back