• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

HG/SS Help Thread

Years
    I'm trying to play the safari zone game. I want to get myself a nosepass. But serebii says I need 18 peak objects and I have to wait 30 days. How can I get 18? I only have 6 blocks. I'm a little confuse here. Please help. Thanks.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    As blocks are put into each area they begin to count as more (ie each block counts as 2 after x days and so forth). It says so on the safari zone page on serebii as well, so. =p

Years
    As blocks are put into each area they begin to count as more (ie each block counts as 2 after x days and so forth). It says so on the safari zone page on serebii as well, so. =p

Is this the explanation:

HG/SS Help Thread

I'm not really understanding it. Say like if I wanted 7 blocks I have wait until 250 days on the Peak area zone before I can catch myself a nosepass.

FrostPheonix

Eternity.
    Years
    Well, just follow that chart. If you need 18 peak objects you wait some time. For example, if this were in the Grassland area, then you wait 80 days, because on the 50th day they are times three. Therefore, 6*3=18. Only from 50 you have 18 objects, so from there you wait another 30 days, making a grand total of 80 days. Similarily, if it is the forest area, it is 90 days, Peak area 100 days, and water area 110 days. Or, the objects stay leveled that way, and so if you have already 50 days on your safari zone, you just put in 6 in for 30 days. That I am not that sure about tho. Serebii does really do a terrible job of explaning this...

Thats how I interpret it. I am sure my interpretation is correct, but I am not that sure. You would be better off getting one off the GTS or trading in the quick trade thread, rather than waiting 80-110 days. Anyone, if this is wrong, correct me ^^.

Years
    I have heart gold version right now. I wanted to start a new game, but I don't want to erase my old file. I'm planning on buying Soul silver again just to play through the storyline and catch the legendary in different natures. Is soul silver worth buying now. I'm getting bored of ev training my pokes ever day. Still I have not yet finished my first team. I'm working on my third pokemon. What is your opinion?

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    Well, perhaps your SoulSilver could be your playthrough file. Just use it when you feel like playing through the game for the story. :] That's what I do with most of my games.

Also, does the photo album have a limit to how many pictures you take? I think it's a neat feature, but I wanna take pics with different teams later on. :P

Years
    I stopped ev training on my pokemon at 252 atk and 252 def and Hp is 4. Will these points still goes up in the pokemon league when I level them up. Right now its is level 37. Thanks.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    I stopped ev training on my pokemon at 252 atk and 252 def and Hp is 4. Will these points still goes up in the pokemon league when I level them up. Right now its is level 37. Thanks.
    At this point, no matter what EVs you get, those points you mentioned will be applied to your Pokemon's stats the next time it levels up. I also wouldn't recommend that EV spread. 252 HP/252 Atk/4 Def is better.

Years
    ive tried to connect to GTS for about 5 times now. Im able to get to the GTS room, but it just says "checking GT Status" for a minute, and then gives me a BCOD and the game crashes. any Idea how to sort this out?

edit: I tried it with Platinum and its doing the same thing. help?

edit2:the thing is, not all of my wifi functions are affected. I was still able to go to wifi plaza and chat with people without a problem.

Last edited:

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years
    Does anyone know the numerical rate for the chance of finding Shiny Leaves - expressed either in a fraction or decimal form? If not, could someone provide some sort of estimate based on his/her experience? Thanks.

EDIT: Also, if a Pokemon with a Shiny Leaf/Leaf Crown is traded from HGSS to DPPt and then back to HGSS, I assume the Shiny Leaf/Leaf Crown data will still be preserved...?

FrostPheonix

Eternity.
    Years
    The chances of finding a shiny leaf are very small. Depending on the nature of your pokemon, the routes it can find the shiny leaves are different. (natures and routes can be found here, but might take the fun out of it). About 1% maybe, I cheated and used the guide. Never got one without it. Not sure tho if you still have the leaf crown after trading to DPPt.

Mimikyu402

Flareon Master
    Years
    At this point, no matter what EVs you get, those points you mentioned will be applied to your Pokemon's stats the next time it levels up. I also wouldn't recommend that EV spread. 252 HP/252 Atk/4 Def is better.

Dont listen to that guy most of smogons sweeper sets are 252 atk or spec atk/252 speed/4hp since you want to outsepeed most other pokes Hp are mostly for slow pokes or walls

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
    Really, it doesn't matter cause the lati will just fly to another random location if you approach it wrong. What matters is how you approach it. Don't bike or run to the location, just walk.

Not true actually, the Flying will cause them to run, but Biking and Running won't cause' em' to run.

Dont listen to that guy most of smogons sweeper sets are 252 atk or spec atk/252 speed/4hp since you want to outsepeed most other pokes Hp are mostly for slow pokes or walls

That "guy" know's more about competitive sets than you do, that's just a common sweeper smogon set, you obviously know nothing about competitive play and how Ev' spreads work so just shush.

Years
    Actually the smogon people are more competitive then the most of us. I think they have been around for a while. I don't copy smogon's pokemon. I come up with my own once I see what stats is the pokemon and I picked out a good nature for that stats and train it and I also came up with my own moves too. Copying another's people pokemon is plain boring. You'll just win instantly. What fun is that? Say like right now I'm training my haunter in Spa and spe. Then I picked out the moves I want for spa. Like thunderbolt, pain split, Shadow ball and different kinds of moves. Well yall get the picture.

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Actually, you don't have a guaranteed win. At my best, I had a 75% win rate :P

You should use smogon sets until you feel you're winning a lot, and understand why you would EV pokémon a certain way etc. before you start working on your own movesets.

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years
    Does anyone know if the Kanto Radio Tower (formerly Pokemon Tower) of Lavender Town has an eyecatch (the image that appears upon first visiting a notable landmark/point of interest)? I know it has one in FireRed/LeafGreen, but I'm not sure about HGSS...

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    ^No, I believe it does not, probably because it's now just a building with one floor you can visit and will likely only go inside twice in the game.

Back