• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

HG/SS Help Thread

Years
    • Seen Mar 9, 2012
    RNG is a noun, not a verb. The post on Smogon here explains how to do it, though it's harder than in D/P/Pt due to lack of Coin Flip and such.

You can find it by catching a legitimate shiny (not through chaining, unless you've caught 4 to 7 chained shinies, or breeding. It has to be absolutely random) and figuring out the IVs. Once you've done that, you'll need to enter the information of the Pokémon, including the IVs, into a calculator (you can find one in the RNG Reporter). It will then give you your SID.
    Good luck with that. I don't know how much the RNG abusing techniques have advanced since I last used it, but it was pretty difficult when I did it.

Thanks for the help :) Yeah, it looks more difficult in hg/ss. The bad part is, I have terrible luck so I probably won't encounter a random shiny.ever. xD

Last edited:

chillxd

メインモシ
    Years
    Wow thanks that's a great help!
    Do the Items change if you change the day?

Glad to see help being appreciated.

Nice community in PokéCommunity... I think I'll stay here for a while. : D

EDIT:

Why yes, they do change. Check this out.

Note: Items with * are obtainable only after getting National Dex.

Sunday:

Red Apricorn - 200 Pts.
    Blu Apricorn - 200 Pts.
    Blk Apricorn - 200 Pts.
    MooMoo Milk - 100 Pts.
    King's Rock - 3000 Pts.
    Heart Scale - 1000 Pts.
    Full Restore* - 500 Pts.
    Nugget* - 500 Pts.
    Sun Stone* - 3000 Pts.
    Fire Stone* - 2500 Pts.
    Shiny Stone* - 3000 Pts.
    Dawn Stone* - 3000 Pts.

Monday:

Red Apricorn - 200 Pts.
    Blu Apricorn - 200 Pts.
    Grn Apricorn - 200 Pts.
    MooMoo Milk - 100 Pts.
    Moon Stone - 3000 Pts.
    Rare Candy - 2000 Pts.
    Full Restore* - 500 Pts.
    King's Rock* - 3000 Pts.
    Sun Stone* - 3000 Pts.
    Water Stone* - 2500 Pts.
    Shiny Stone* - 3000 Pts.
    Dusk Stone* - 3000 Pts.

Tuesday:

Ylw Apricorn - 200 Pts.
    Pnk Apricorn - 200 Pts.
    Wht Apricorn - 200 Pts.
    MooMoo Milk - 100 Pts.
    Fire Stone - 2500 Pts.
    PP Up - 1000 Pts.
    Full Restore* - 500 Pts.
    Metal Coat* - 2500 Pts.
    Water Stone* - 2500 Pts.
    Leaf Stone* - 2500 Pts.
    Dusk Stone* - 3000 Pts.
    Dawn Stone* - 3000 Pts.

Wednesday:

Blu Apricorn - 200 Pts.
    Pnk Apricorn - 200 Pts.
    Blk Apricorn - 200 Pts.
    MooMoo Milk - 100 Pts.
    Water Stone - 2500 Pts.
    Heart Scale - 1000 Pts.
    Full Restore* - 500 Pts.
    Dragon Scale* - 2500 Pts.
    Thunderstone* - 2500 Pts.
    Moon Stone* - 3000 Pts.
    Shiny Stone* - 3000 Pts.
    Dawn Stone* - 3000 Pts.

Thursday:

Ylw Apricorn - 200 Pts.
    Pnk Apricorn - 200 Pts.
    Wht Apricorn - 200 Pts.
    MooMoo Milk - 100 Pts.
    Thunderstone - 2500 Pts.
    PP Up - 1000 Pts.
    Full Restore* - 500 Pts.
    King's Rock* - 3000 Pts.
    Fire Stone* - 2500 Pts.
    Leaf Stone* - 2500 Pts.
    Shiny Stone* - 3000 Pts.
    Dusk Stone* - 3000 Pts.

Friday:

Red Apricorn - 200 Pts.
    Ylw Apricorn - 200 Pts.
    Grn Apricorn - 200 Pts.
    MooMoo Milk - 100 Pts.
    Metal Coat - 2500 Pts.
    Nugget - 1000 Pts.
    Full Restore* - 500 Pts.
    Dragon Scale* - 2500 Pts.
    Water Stone* - 2500 Pts.
    Sun Stone* - 3000 Pts.
    Dusk Stone* - 3000 Pts.
    Dawn Stone* - 3000 Pts.

Saturday:

Grn Apricorn - 200 Pts.
    Wht Apricorn - 200 Pts.
    Blk Apricorn - 200 Pts.
    MooMoo Milk - 100 Pts.
    Leaf Stone - 2500 Pts.
    Rare Candy - 2000 Pts.
    Full Restore* - 500 Pts.
    Metal Coat* - 2500 Pts.
    Thunderstone* - 2500 Pts.
    Shiny Stone* - 3000 Pts.
    Dusk Stone* - 3000 Pts.
    Dawn Stone* - 3000 Pts.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2010
    Did you go through the lighthouse? You're supposed to come out of the ladder that's inside the blocked area, along with Jasmine and Amphy. Then you can talk to her. : D
    how do you get to that part?

chillxd

メインモシ
    Years
    ^

Oh, THAT part.

Enter the lighthouse. Instead of riding the elevator, take the stairs at the left part.

Here's a little guide for the Lighthouse.

CAHowell said:
    Sort of a mini-dungeon of sorts, the Olivine Lighthouse is filled to the brim
    with trainers. The first time you come, you will not be able to use the
    elevator to go to the top, so you will need to take the stairs. One downside
    is that it is hard to avoid trainers, so you will need to keep your Pokemon
    at top health. If needed, head back to the Pokemon Center if your HP is
    getting too low.

On the fourth floor, go left and fight the lass and then go left some more to
    find TM87, Swagger. Once you are ready, head outside and you will be on a 3D
    ledge. On the left side is a item ball with a Rare Candy in it. Head inside
    once you are ready and you will be on the third floor.

On the other side of the third floor, fight the sailor to the right and get
    the Ether and continue up to the ladder, and then up the next one up to the
    fifth floor. Fight the sailor and continue, and then continue to the right to
    the next ladder.

On the top floor, you will meet Jasmine, the Gym leader. She made a brief
    cameo in D/P/Pl as well. Like in the originals, she asks you to go to Cianwood
    and get the SecretPotion for the Ampharos. Once she is done, she will open the
    door and allow you to take the elevator down.

Arriex

aeroplane
    Years
    • Seen Oct 20, 2013
    I'm currently in Ecruteak City, and I read a guide somewhere that said that my pokemon should be around the 30s. My party consists of a 24, 20, 20, 17, 16, and 15. I had a bit of trouble with my rival in the burning tower, so where should I go to train my pokemon, and what levels should they actually be at? D:

chillxd

メインモシ
    Years
    Hi! Does anyone know if it's possible to get a Fire Stone anywhere else but the Pokathlon?

You can get a Fire Stone as a prize for winning first place in the Bug-catching Contest, held at the National Park every Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday. The prize they give is random, though.

Another method would be showing a Vulpix or a Growlithe to Bill's grandfather in his house north of Cerulean City.

Years
    You can get the Fire Stone as a first prize in the Catching Contest, and Bill's Grandfather by showing him a Vulpix or Growlithe I think....

Levels depends, but 27ish is good if you don't wnt to grind all the way to 30, but hey I guess you should.

Kon~

Follow your dream to the end ~
    Years
    I'm currently in Ecruteak City, and I read a guide somewhere that said that my pokemon should be around the 30s. My party consists of a 24, 20, 20, 17, 16, and 15. I had a bit of trouble with my rival in the burning tower, so where should I go to train my pokemon, and what levels should they actually be at? D:

Morty's Pokemon (assuming you're training for the gym) are in the low twenties, so your Pokemon seem about right - I'm at the next gym and I've just reach Lv 30 all round, so I think you'll be fine. However, if you still want to train, just beyond Ecruteak are a few trainers and the wild Pokemon are around Lv. 13-16, so there's some good Exp. there if you think you need it.

You can get the Fire Stone as a first prize in the Catching Contest, and Bill's Grandfather by showing him a Vulpix or Growlithe I think....

Ah, thank you!

*heads for National Park*

Last edited:

chillxd

メインモシ
    Years

Hmm. Those levels seem good. All should be 20+ though, preferrably 25 above.

Arriex

aeroplane
    Years
    • Seen Oct 20, 2013
    Oh really? Thanks guys<3
    I think I'll just put an exp share on my 15, and train my 16 and 17 just a few levels. Now I don't feel like a failure. xD

Gooner_Tyzack

Where's The Frigging Ditto?
    Years
    I have a lvl 34/35 gyarados. i want to get him to around 40 before i challenge the elite 4 again 'cause i have no strong ice moved pokemon to defeat the dragons...Where should i train him?

Also is lugia the hardest to catch in soul silver? cause i couldn't catch him with an ultra ball so i used my masterball :)

Back