• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

HG/SS Help Thread

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
Years
  • Outside the E4 in the grass is where I trained mine in G/S/C and I think Hiiro suggested that in the old thread, too.

Winson

Legendary Pokemon Master
    Years
    • Seen Oct 12, 2013
    Is there any information that I would need to know before getting Pokemon HeartGold/SoulSilver? Like is there anything different gonna happen depending how I start? (Like which fossils you get in Pokemon Platinum depending on your Trainer ID)

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
    Years
  • where can i find heart scales in heart gold?

i need to remember some moves
    Rock Smashing.

Which island do I enter at to get to Lugia (Whirl Islands)?
    The one in north-east and go across the northern ledge. But if you take the south one you can find lots of useful items.

Hey is there somebody in heartgold that tells you what your pokemon's hidden power is? That would be nice for when I try to get a zapdos.
    You can use as well Bulbapedia's HP calculator.

Is exeggcute catchable in soul silver? I've checked and people list locations but then under rarity there are question marks or "none" - making me skeptical.
    Well you have to use Headbutt.

Where is a good training area for the elite four?
    My team is:
    Meganium: lvl 42
    Ampharos lvl 48
    Gyarados lvl 39
    Sandslash lvl 40
    Ho-oh lvl 47
    Victory Road. It's filled with Graveler and Onix so Meganium, Gyarados may find it nice since their attacks are super effective.

Kendall

Fool of a Took
    Years
  • -Continued-

Ok, so does is the nature for roaming pokemon like Raikou set after you release them from the burned tower, or when you first encounter them? If the latter, you should be able to use a synchronizer, correct? Also, I have read in several places that if you KO roaming pokemon, like raikou and entei, if you beat the elite four again, they will begin roaming again. True?

Also, I finally caught Raikou, just to see what crappy nature I would end up with. EEK, its Gentle (+spd -def). I found out that you can reset the legendary beasts back to the burned tower using action replay. Do you think it would be ethical or legitimate to use a code to do that, since I accidently encountered Raikou and saved? I really hate cheating, and I've never used AR before, but It's not like I'm using it to make the pokemon exactly the way I want it, or even to set its nature when I encounter it. I'm just making it like I never encountered the beasts. I'll be capturing it completely legitly, soft-resetting and synchronizing for the right nature.

Thanks for you answers and opinions,
    Ken

Last edited:

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
    Years
  • I, too, read about KO'ing them and them roaming a last time after the E4. I'm not sure if it's true, though.

As for using AR, I wouldn't do it, since I accept responsibilities for my mistakes (even in-game), but if you're comfortable with it, go ahead I guess.

TK of Poison

Old School Trainer
    Years
  • This is a Pokewalker question.
    With the Yellow Forest event coming soon, seeing as i need 10k steps to have a chance at getting a flying Pikachu, i was wondering if that 10k steps is all in one day or a total of the days you can have a Pokemon on the walker.

Thanks in advance.

chaos11011

[untitled]
    Years
    • Age 27
    • MA
    • Seen May 4, 2021
    What are your thoughts on Slowpoke?
    Worth raising?
    And what about Stantler and Magmar, while you're at it? =/
    I raised a Slowpoke acctually.Its really annoying until you get surf then its good for the first few battles.Then it gets annoying again until you evolve it.I evolved mine into Slowbro and its a beast in defence and is now a worthy member of my team

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    This is a Pokewalker question.
    With the Yellow Forest event coming soon, seeing as i need 10k steps to have a chance at getting a flying Pikachu, i was wondering if that 10k steps is all in one day or a total of the days you can have a Pokemon on the walker.

Thanks in advance.
    Watts accumulate over time. You don't have to walk 10,000 steps in one day. Just make sure you step enough to get the necessary Watts transferred to your game before the event.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • Action replay questions aren't actly allowed here per say... I'd suggest checking the emulation/hacking forum section or just googling for them, really.

Years
    • Seen May 4, 2023
    Action replay questions aren't actly allowed here per say... I'd suggest checking the emulation/hacking forum section or just googling for them, really.

ok sorry I thought those kind of Action replay codes are allowed to be asked here.

Soy

Years
    • Seen Mar 27, 2010
    I raised a Slowpoke acctually.Its really annoying until you get surf then its good for the first few battles.Then it gets annoying again until you evolve it.I evolved mine into Slowbro and its a beast in defence and is now a worthy member of my team

Okay thanks!
    I have a Slowpoke right now, level 22, and it annoys me to death. I can't find any good TM's for it, either. But I will raise it to be a Slowbro! c:

Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2011
    Watts accumulate over time. You don't have to walk 10,000 steps in one day. Just make sure you step enough to get the necessary Watts transferred to your game before the event.

He was referring to the amount to the amount of steps it takes to actually encounter the pikachus and the answer is yes you need 10,000 daily steps in order to encounter the "A" group of pokemon in the area i.e. getting three exclamation marks when using the pokeradar. Also, unless Im mistaken I dont think you need watts to unlock the forest. Once you download it from mystery gift you just transfer it to your pokewalker.

~Sage_Trainer~

Sage Trainer
    Years
  • Okay, so I have all sixteen gym badges now, I've captured Moltres too at Mt. Silver. I still can't get my Kanto starters from Oak, he just offers to check my pokedex, so what's up?

Corazón

Pokémon Master
    Years
    • Seen Jun 16, 2010
    Okay, so I have all sixteen gym badges now, I've captured Moltres too at Mt. Silver. I still can't get my Kanto starters from Oak, he just offers to check my pokedex, so what's up?
    Go to Mt. Silver (on the top) and beat Red then he'll give one to you.

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    He was referring to the amount to the amount of steps it takes to actually encounter the pikachus and the answer is yes you need 10,000 daily steps in order to encounter the "A" group of pokemon in the area i.e. getting three exclamation marks when using the pokeradar. Also, unless Im mistaken I dont think you need watts to unlock the forest. Once you download it from mystery gift you just transfer it to your pokewalker.
    Thanks for the correction. Totally read the question wrong.

Back