• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

HG/SS Help Thread

Nashton

A Trainer Of Great Skill.
Years
  • if i start new game will i still have the pokewalker cources unlocked?

just wondering.

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 20, 2020
    Location of Super Rod: Kanto
    More Precise Location of Super Rod: Where?

Where do I find the Super Rod?

Also, the PokeWalker courses WILL BE reset after you destroy your old save and click on NEW GAME.

Panfisha

BIGGLYPUFF?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2021
    Location of Super Rod: Kanto
    More Precise Location of Super Rod: Where?

Where do I find the Super Rod?

Also, the PokeWalker courses WILL BE reset after you destroy your old save and click on NEW GAME.
    If I do remember correctly, the place you get super rod in R/B/Y; the house far east of vermillion city and south a little bit, on the boardwalk.

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 20, 2020
    I've been there, I haven't found it there. He talks about his brother if I recall, that was the first place I tried.

EDIT: This link has given me the information I need and more. Never mind-

New Question- What do I have to do to see Ho-oh in SoulSilver? I have the Wing already.

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 20, 2020
    You already have the bike, the guy wants you to just go and say "Hello" to the Cerulean City owner, but it does nothing. He's just saying he's a branch off of Cerulean's bike shop.

Hamilton

*Creative Quote Goes Here*
    Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2016
    hey, after you beat the elite four and go back to see proffesor elm ans the other pokemon is missing- Gold says "i wonder what happened to the other pokemon"... soo.... what did happen to that other pokemon

I've been there, I haven't found it there. He talks about his brother if I recall, that was the first place I tried.

EDIT: This link has given me the information I need and more. Never mind-

New Question- What do I have to do to see Ho-oh in SoulSilver? I have the Wing already.

i think you have to catch the 3 legendary dogs

Last edited:

Yoak

Pokemon Battler In-Training
    Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2012
    Do you need to talk to Jasmine in the lighthouse before battling chuck? I forgot, and I'm already halfway to cinwood.

Panfisha

BIGGLYPUFF?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2021
    Do you need to talk to Jasmine in the lighthouse before battling chuck? I forgot, and I'm already halfway to cinwood.
    Nope, you can battle Chuck anytime you want. But I do suggest fighting him before jasmine, as Jasmine's pokemon are of a higher level.

Years
  • What are some good strategies to defeat Red? or what moves are good against his pokemon?

My Team:
    lvl50 snorlax (Hyper beam, rollout, crunch, giga impact)
    lvl66 charizard (flare blitz, heat wave, fire blast, flamethrower)
    lvl70 Ho-oh (sacred fire, punishment, ancient power, overheat)
    lvl71 Mewtwo (psycho cut, amnesia, psychic, guard swap)
    lvl67 Paklia (water Pulse, surf, dragon claw, special rend)
    then i have a tm slave.

I know that I should may be train them a little bit more and that some moves are useless. I have tried going against red, but all of those times, i have failed. So, what skills do u guys recommend to use against him?

Also, can u use an scape rope inside the mountain?

Years
    • Seen Oct 18, 2015
    What are some good strategies to defeat Red? or what moves are good against his pokemon?

My Team:
    lvl50 snorlax (Hyper beam, rollout, crunch, giga impact)
    lvl66 charizard (flare blitz, heat wave, fire blast, flamethrower)
    lvl70 Ho-oh (sacred fire, punishment, ancient power, overheat)
    lvl71 Mewtwo (psycho cut, amnesia, psychic, guard swap)
    lvl67 Paklia (water Pulse, surf, dragon claw, special rend)
    then i have a tm slave.

I know that I should may be train them a little bit more and that some moves are useless. I have tried going against red, but all of those times, i have failed. So, what skills do u guys recommend to use against him?

Also, can u use an scape rope inside the mountain?
    Your Charizard is so useless. Why have 4 fire moves? T_____T

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
    Years
  • Yeah... You'll want to replace two of those Fire Moves with something else - what if Lapras is thrown at you?

Ho-oh is already Flying/Fire, too. Why a second Flying/Fire?

Kendall

Fool of a Took
    Years
  • I hate asking this again, but I really didn't get an answer. Does anyone know if you faint the legendary beasts, if they will re-appear after you defeat the elite four? If so, would they have different natures?

HeartGold95

HeartGoldFTW!
    Years
  • Im already in Kanto and I beated Red, i had the EXPN Card too, but after I had beaten Red my expansion card was gone so I couldnt fly to Kanto anymore and I tried beating the Elite Four too but it hasnt worked and I cant see the map of Kanto anymore.....Anybody have any ideas why it wont show up?
    PS: I can use cheat codes if there is one to get Kanto Map in the Pokegear if its possible..

Corazón

Pokémon Master
    Years
    • Seen Jun 16, 2010
    Im already in Kanto and I beated Red, i had the EXPN Card too, but after I had beaten Red my expansion card was gone so I couldnt fly to Kanto anymore and I tried beating the Elite Four too but it hasnt worked and I cant see the map of Kanto anymore.....Anybody have any ideas why it wont show up?
    PS: I can use cheat codes if there is one to get Kanto Map in the Pokegear if its possible..
    Thats weird, did you use cheat codes before?

Serene Grace

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
  • Im already in Kanto and I beated Red, i had the EXPN Card too, but after I had beaten Red my expansion card was gone so I couldnt fly to Kanto anymore and I tried beating the Elite Four too but it hasnt worked and I cant see the map of Kanto anymore.....Anybody have any ideas why it wont show up?
    I think it's because of the order in which you delivered the events in the game. Normally, you're supposed to beat the elite four first and then head to Kanto. However, since you did it the other way round, the game mechanics must have been confused and a glitch must have been created. I have no idea how to fix it and my advice to you is to restart the game without using cheats. Personally, I find it much more fun.

Back