• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

HG/SS Help Thread

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
    Years
    So wait...does it raise it's happiness level to 200 or does it change the base happiness to 200? (Sorry if I'm being a dumb blond)

Raises to 200; the base happiness is the same.

And Gooner,

"Foreign Origin" means if you have an English version of HGSS, your Pokemon are English. That means a Pokemon that comes from a French/German/Japanese/Italian/Spanish/Arabic/etc. version of Pokemon are "foreign" because they are a Pokemon from a different language version.

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
    Years
    To elaborate further, I have a French version of SS. That means an English Pokemon is "foreign". If I were to trade you a French Ditto, you'd have a 1/2000 chance (approximately) of hatching a shiny Pokemon, compared to 1/8200 (approximately) chance if you were breeding two English Pokemon together.

^.hydro

Missingno's Homie
    Years
    • Seen Apr 18, 2010
    I know this doesn't really have anything to do with HG/SS and just pokemon in General, but can someone plz tell me what the Pro's/Con's are to Cloned and Hacked pokemon. Can they Ruin your game? Or are they just really cheap? Is there a way to tell if your pokemon has been cloned or hacked? Because I just did a MASS trade and these pokemon that i have recived from this guy smell a little bit fishy. I worked hard for those pokemon that i sent him and if he sent me pokemon that can destroy my game, that pisses me off...

Ty,

^.hydro

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
    Years
    Cloned Pokemon are generally events and whatnaught that people copy with techniques to always have their Pokemon. A lot of people clone; I find it cheap, but a great sum think it's fine, even though it ruins the Shiny & Event "economy". 99% of people clone legit Pokemon.

Hacked Pokemon are against PC rules to be traded, and against the rules of battling with (generally). They're cheap Pokemon that no one wants to be associated with, unless they want to cheat in battle.

FireApe2135

Poke-Elite
    Years
    • Seen Dec 31, 2014
    I know this doesn't really have anything to do with HG/SS and just pokemon in General, but can someone plz tell me what the Pro's/Con's are to Cloned and Hacked pokemon. Can they Ruin your game? Or are they just really cheap? Is there a way to tell if your pokemon has been cloned or hacked? Because I just did a MASS trade and these pokemon that i have recived from this guy smell a little bit fishy. I worked hard for those pokemon that i sent him and if he sent me pokemon that can destroy my game, that pisses me off...

Ty,

^.hydro

Well, I would suggest going to a staff member ( I recommend TwilightBlade) that is good at hack checking and have her check it, if they are hacks and you got them from this forum, ask the person to trade back, or I believe they can get infractions.

Offtopic(or maybe on topic): this question more belongs in the trade center chit chat.

^.hydro

Missingno's Homie
    Years
    • Seen Apr 18, 2010
    Well, I would suggest going to a staff member ( I recommend TwilightBlade) that is good at hack checking and have her check it, if they are hacks and you got them from this forum, ask the person to trade back, or I believe they can get infractions.

Offtopic(or maybe on topic): this question more belongs in the trade center chit chat.

Alright, yeah because One of my guys (Shiney Vileplume) has over 400 SpDef and I thought that was BS

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
    Years
    Alright, yeah because One of my guys (Shiney Vileplume) has over 400 SpDef and I thought that was BS

Talk with TwilightBlade; the max at Level 100 for a Vileplume with a good nature for SP. DEF is 306 + 61 (I think?) for EVs, which caps at 367.

So if you have over 400, that's an issue.

Back