• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

HG/SS Help Thread

Years
    • Seen Mar 9, 2012
    :< oh, ok, thanks. so there's no way to find your own shinies except luck?

another question: how do you clone in hgss?

Shiny Shaymin

I laugh at your misfortune.
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Oct 22, 2015
    Can someone please explain how to to operate the Safari Customizer thing?

FireApe2135

Poke-Elite
    Years
    • Seen Dec 31, 2014
    After you beat the Elite 4/ your Rival, do the trainers from Victory Road show up again?

Years
    • Seen Sep 16, 2018
    Have you unlocked it yet? First you have to unlock the extra areas via showing hima Sandshrew, then a Sandshrew to be able to put items in (may have to wait a day first though). Then to actually use items just press A on spaces while you're actually within the safari zone to place them there.

Oh wow I didn't know you had to press A in the zone. Thanks.

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 20, 2020
    You can clone using the GTS like in DPPt. However, the PokeWalker idea is out as it's impossible to clone through that at the moment.

PiPVoda

water, Forever
    Years
    • He / Him
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 2, 2022
    Where do I go after beating the Jasmine, the 6th gym leader? Do I go to Goldenrod and defeat team rocket at the radio tower or head towards Mohagany Town

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 20, 2020
    Where do I go after beating the Jasmine, the 6th gym leader? Do I go to Goldenrod and defeat team rocket at the radio tower or head towards Mohagany Town

Mahogany Town is your next location, where you'll have to catch GYARADOS and then defeat Team Rocket with Champion Lance.

what do i do after i defeat blue? i got kinda stuck, lol.

Fight Red and lose. Train a Pokemon to an incredibly high level (100 will do) give an EXP Share to your other Pokemon (best to have more than one) and train against the Elite Four. Red's Pokemon are Level 81-88, so best to train. Then you have to catch all 493 Pokemon.

Panfisha

BIGGLYPUFF?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2021
    To unlock the Arceus/3 sinnoh dragon event thingy, do I need ANY arceus, or the one from Gamestop last month?

Spinach

like popeye
    Years
    Shuckle and rare Candies

In the original G/S/C you could give Shuckle a berry. It would then turn into berry juice and eventually a rare candy. Is that still possible in the HG/SS?

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 20, 2020
    In the original G/S/C you could give Shuckle a berry. It would then turn into berry juice and eventually a rare candy. Is that still possible in the HG/SS?

No, you get Shuckie (as a gift) holding a Berry Juice, but that is the only one available.

dastandy

Eevee Trainer
    Years
    Alright i've read many places I could can someone explain to me how EV and IV works and how do they effect your pokemon growth exactly. I know you get points from fighting certain pokemon but what is the ratio of points to pokemon Can you better explain it to me?

Star Girl

Dragon Obsessed
    Years
    Are there ways to raise your Pokemons happiness outside of the haircuts in Goldenrod and the Pokewalker?

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
    Years
    dastandy,

generally first forms of Pokemon in a chain give one point for a certain stat; second stage gives two; and third stage gives three. Pokemon with no evolutions could give anything.

Since it'd be incredibly long to post here, just check Serebii when you're fighting Pokemon to see what kind of EV they give you and how much:

https://www.serebii.net

Click on the left bar the HGSS section (the fourth one, I think) and scroll to where it says near the bottom about EVs.

Star Girl,

Give it vitamins, walk with it in-game, don't let it die, let it hold a Soothe Bell, level it up... that's about it, other than PokeWalker and Hair Cut.

Question

I'm trying to catch Dratini in the Safari Zone with a Good Rod; I've managed to find many Seaking, but Dratini has yet to show up. Do I need to edit the Safari Zone in some way, or are the "10 Blocks of Water" in the Swamp already there by default, and I need to just be more patient?

Back