• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

HG/SS Help Thread

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
Years
  • Moved the ditto location thread over here, try and use this thread for general questions like that next time.

(Also, ditto is at cerulean cave, no?)

Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2010
    For the safari zone, do I really have to wait like 110 days for certain pokemon to appear?
    Is there a way to manipulate the DS internal clock to make it go by faster?
    And when does boaba give me more blocks in the safari zone? so far i only have like 6 different ones.

Gaspar

No Hacks
    Years
  • Hello All,

I just picked up my Eevee from Bill in Goldenrod, now since I have never evolved a pokemon through happiness? I know to get an Umbreon I need to evolve via Happiness at night but how can I know a) how happy it is (ie getting close to evolution level happiness) and b) any advice for getting the happiness up at night?

Many Thanks

Dreadnought

Imperador
    Years
  • Hello All,

I just picked up my Eevee from Bill in Goldenrod, now since I have never evolved a pokemon through happiness? I know to get an Umbreon I need to evolve via Happiness at night but how can I know a) how happy it is (ie getting close to evolution level happiness) and b) any advice for getting the happiness up at night?

Many Thanks
    Using Vitamins, like Rare Candies, walking around with it as the first pokemon in the party and battling with it are the general ways to get Eevee to evolve. Giving it massages as well helps out, also in Platinum made it easier if you gave it a soothe bell. So if you can transfer a soothe bell from plat to HG/SS then you should have it evolved in no time.

Phantom Kat

A Daydreamer Longing To Write
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen May 12, 2010
    ^ Also, to add what was said, you can find a Soothe Bell in the National Park in HG/SS, near the trees to the top right.

- Kat

Gulpin

poisonous
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017
    Hello All,

Many Thanks

In Goldenrod city there is a girl who tells you how happy your Pokemon are (she is east of the Dept. Store). You can also tell by speaking to them when they are at full health and have no status condition. If you know that they are happy and it isn't night time, don't level it up. Either wait or change your DS clock to around 8:00 (no earlier than 8:00). To make a Pokemon happy, have them at the front of your team, have it hold the soothe bell (located in the National Park), give it stat-boosting items (Zinc, Protein, Carbos, etc.), have it massaged, and take it in your PokeWalker. There are many ways to get the happiness up.

EDIT: aww, beat :(

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • I'm still playing my Japanese SoulSilver, so um...I keep trying to go to the Safari Zone...but I can't go in. xD Do I need to do something? I'm already in Kanto now though, so...

Kardin

Egotist extraordinaire
    Years
  • I already asked this, but either no one knew or it went unnoticed. I'll give it a second shot:

What's the deal with swarms in this game? I know they're announced on Oak's pokemon talk, but does he only start announcing them after a certain point in the game, or at a certain time, or do I really just have to wade through hours of RATATTA CAN BE FOUND BLAH BLAH BLAH?

Gaspar

No Hacks
    Years
  • Ah so its needs to be super happy then it will evolve when it next levels up? Also another question; is there a set amount of time it will take before an egg appears between two compatible parents?

Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2010
    so no1s far enough in the safari to give me info on pokemon that take like 30-110 days to appear?

Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2010
    Ya I read that (and a bunch of other websites). But none of them tell me how to speed up the days. On page 9, someone mentioned how they have encountered a beldum. Beldum required 70 days to appear, so I dont see how thats possible. hahaha. Im just wondering how to speed up the days.

Thanks

Years
  • ok so i captured the red Gyarados and i beat the first 6 gym leaders but i cant figure out where lance is , there are 3 team rocket members standing around at goldenrod and i cant figure out what to do im stuck, PS the man who sold me the rare candy bar still wont let me pass and the gym isnt available yet in Mahogany town.... can some one please help me out ive been stuck for 3 days

Last edited:

ThatsTakao

Hiya!
    Years
  • Ya I read that (and a bunch of other websites). But none of them tell me how to speed up the days. On page 9, someone mentioned how they have encountered a beldum. Beldum required 70 days to appear, so I dont see how thats possible. hahaha. Im just wondering how to speed up the days.

Thanks
    I'm just going to go ahead and point out they may have the Japanese version, which has been out for more than 70 days, that may be why.
    As for speeding up the days, I don't know, sorry.

RandomliHyper

Awesomesauce
    Years
  • Can I buy Ether in Pokemarts? I need some for the Elite Four or I'll die xDD Can't find them anywhere, I had some before the Elite Four but I randomly found some on the ground

Back