• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

HG/SS Help Thread

Kon~

Follow your dream to the end ~
    Years
    im having trouble beating clair could someone help me improve my team so that i could beat her?
    my team:

Electrode lv.34

self destruct
    charge beam
    light screen
    screech

flame wheel
    quick attack
    swift
    lava plume

surf
    whirlpool
    ice fang
    dragon rage

magnitude
    strength
    rock throw
    rollout
    ________
    Raikou lv.45

spark
    quick attack
    crunch
    strength
    twister
    quick attack

EDIT:
    traded ditto on wi-fi for raikou

use electrode against kingdra and use gyrados's ice fang but mainly you need to have all of your pokemon at atleast lv38 i suggest high because i hardly beat her and my pokemon were lv38 i had to use some moomoomilks

I'd go to Lv. 40 at least, just to make it easier on yourself. Ice Path is a good grinding spot if you can be bothered. Otherwise, just take plenty of Super Potions, MooMooMilks and Revives with you.

Years
    use electrode against kingdra and use gyrados's ice fang but mainly you need to have all of your pokemon at atleast lv38 i suggest high because i hardly beat her and my pokemon were lv38 i had to use some moomoomilks
    i used my electrode on gyrados, and im going to use my raikou on the seadra, but, whenever i use an electric attack o seadra, it doesnt do as much damage as electric type moves should on it.

chillxd

メインモシ
    Years
    i used my electrode on gyrados, and im going to use my raikou on the seadra, but, whenever i use an electric attack o seadra, it doesnt do as much damage as electric type moves should on it.

coz seadra is dragon / water

it's only weakness is dragon. D:

Years
    • Seen May 11, 2010
    where can i catch an oddish? and if anyone knows what pokemon i need for bills gramps?
    ive also seen sucine at all 5 spots and its not on the hill by bills house? do i have to show all those pokies to bills gramp? or do i have to beat misty? help please

Years
    • Seen Jan 31, 2015
    this has probably already been answered in this thread, but how do you get rid of the Snorlax blocking Diglett's Cave?

FireApe2135

Poke-Elite
    Years
    • Seen Dec 31, 2014
    Alright, after you do the power plant side quest, you go to the Radio tower in... Fuschia, then he will give you a card that has the pokemon flute channel, I think, someone correct me if I am wrong.

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen today
    where can i catch an oddish? and if anyone knows what pokemon i need for bills gramps?
    ive also seen sucine at all 5 spots and its not on the hill by bills house? do i have to show all those pokies to bills gramp? or do i have to beat misty? help please
    Oddish is found on Route 5, Route 6, Route 25, Route 26, Ilex Forest, and the Safari Zone. They're common, so they're easy to find.

A list of Pokemon for Bill's grampa is found here: https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Bill's_grandfather

All I know about Suicune is that Misty has to be in her Gym. Bill's grandpa has nothing to do with Suicune, afaik. Someone else may give you more information, since I haven't reached that part of the game yet. But from what I read, all it says is that for Suicune to appear on Route 25 is for Misty to return to her gym.

Kai Yamato

Lone Soldier
    Years
    Okay, how do I access the blocks in the Safari Zone? I'm like clueless, they told me how we use them but what? Do you take 'em out of an item bag or something?

ThatsTakao

Hiya!
    Years
    So for the past two weeks, I've been trying to re-match Bugsy, but he's being a jerk and won't re-match me. :C I call him on Thursdays at around 3 pm. WHY IS HE BEING SO MEAN?
    I've re-matched him before plently of times, but now, he's like, "NO, I DON'T WANNA GET BEAT BY YOU ANYMORE." >:c

Fire Wolf

it's as humid as a sauna, boy!
    Years
    You should find Ditto in the grass patches on Route 47, it has an appearance rate of 41% (the highest on Route 47). You can find it on Route 34/35 as well, it's uncommon there though, having an appearance rate of 5% on route 34 and 4% on Route 35.

FireApe2135

Poke-Elite
    Years
    • Seen Dec 31, 2014
    I'm not sure if this is where I should actually put this, but, what starter should I pick, I am restarting my Soul Silver, and I want a challenge, I know in every game, the hardest pokemon to start out with is the grass type, does that stay true for this one?

MudkipManiac

U herd I leik Mudkips?
    Years
    yes it does. oh n chikorita has a weird walking sprite XD

Go to Cinnabar/Seafoam Islands by Surfing south of Pallet Town.
    ta but the guy at the victory road entrance wont let me go to Kanto/Pallet Town that way and wen i try to go there out of cerulean, it can tgo because of the jumping cliffs :cer_frown:

Last edited:
    Back