• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

HG/SS Help Thread

Kon~

Follow your dream to the end ~
Years
  • Just got HeartGold yesterday, and there are a lot of questions I could ask, but I will likely figure out most of them on my own. I do want to ask this one though. Is there an easier way to get some of my Pokémon from my Diamond version to HeartGold than just trading using a second DS? For example, I have the Pikachu-Colored Pichu in my Diamond, and eventually I would like to get it to HeartGold to unlock the event.

If you're trusting enough, you could head on over to Trade Corner and ask someone there.

Otherwise (if you don't want to risk your PCP) the best way would be, as you say, with two DSs, or with a reliable friend.

FalconsDrummer

Why yes, I have an Octillery.
    Years
  • If you're trusting enough, you could head on over to Trade Corner and ask someone there.

Otherwise (if you don't want to risk your PCP) the best way would be, as you say, with two DSs, or with a reliable friend.

That's what I thought. Thanks. I can probably get another DS to do transfers with. No offense to the community of course, but I won't trust people I haven't met in person to help me transfer lol. Another question, then: if I put my Diamond or HG in a different DS than it's normally played in, that won't mess up the clock or anything like that will it?

Kon~

Follow your dream to the end ~
    Years
  • That's what I thought. Thanks. I can probably get another DS to do transfers with. No offense to the community of course, but I won't trust people I haven't met in person to help me transfer lol. Another question, then: if I put my Diamond or HG in a different DS than it's normally played in, that won't mess up the clock or anything like that will it?

I'm not entirely sure, but I'm sure your game could cope, should there be any time changes.

Serene Grace

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
  • That's what I thought. Thanks. I can probably get another DS to do transfers with. No offense to the community of course, but I won't trust people I haven't met in person to help me transfer lol. Another question, then: if I put my Diamond or HG in a different DS than it's normally played in, that won't mess up the clock or anything like that will it?
    Nope, it wont. The clock is set with your actual DS settings and doesn't have anything to do with the games themselves. So the same time will appear for each game and nothing should affect it - as long as you haven't messed about with the settings.

Bay

Years
  • Hm, does anyone remember which Kimono girl is the one that you meet in the Goldenrod Underground Tunnel? If you guys can remember at least which specific Eeveelution that girl used, it would be great. Sorry if this is a vague question, am sick and not supposed to be at the computer.. :x

Panfisha

BIGGLYPUFF?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2021
    Is there any trick to getting the haircut brothers to appearing more than once a day? Like, messing with the DS clock somehow? I want to evolve my eevee fast but with minimal leveling.

Rumi

Bottlecap Collector
    Years
    • Seen Jul 12, 2010
    Hm, does anyone remember which Kimono girl is the one that you meet in the Goldenrod Underground Tunnel? If you guys can remember at least which specific Eeveelution that girl used, it would be great. Sorry if this is a vague question, am sick and not supposed to be at the computer.. :x

I believe the battles go in the order you've met them...since Kimono Girl Miki is third, I think she's the one you meet at the Underground Tunnel? She uses a Flareon.

shookie

Often scatters things.
    Years
    I've been dual-DSing for a while and I'll echo what the others have said -- it doesn't mess up your game's clock or anything, so you don't have to worry about that. I've been using a DS Lite with an old school brick-DS and so far I haven't had any problems.

ÇyänïdëÉX

Dr.banana
    Years
  • I have some trouble. This problem was also the same in platinum. The thing is that there are so many HM's in the game and i really find it hard to teach them onto any of my pokemon because there are many other better skills to use than those of HMS. So i have trouble deciding which HM's will actually be useful in the long run and which will be useless. Also i need to know if there is a pokemon which i can teach many HM's too, a sort of HM mule if you will. So you see my dilema.

Years
    • Seen May 8, 2010
    Mew in Australia :O

Hi there, this is my first post.

I was just wondering if anyone here has any idea when people living in Australia will be able to get the Wi-Fi Mew Event. Serebii doesn't seem to give any information on this and I was just wondering if anyone here knew.

Also, if anyone knows an alternate way of obtaining a Mew on Heartgold/Soulsilver please reply :P

Thanks alot.

Years
    • Seen Aug 7, 2010
    Hi all, I was wondering if someone could explain this to me.

I am EV training my blissey. She has Pokerus. I fainted 100 hoothoot which equals 200 EV points gained in HP. When she leveled up she gained 16 points in the stat. Shouldn't this number be much higher? Like closer to 50?

shookie

Often scatters things.
    Years
  • So i have trouble deciding which HM's will actually be useful in the long run and which will be useless. Also i need to know if there is a pokemon which i can teach many HM's too, a sort of HM mule if you will. So you see my dilema.
    Bibarel is the best and easiest HM slave to use/get, imho. I have one on my Platinum and my SS with Cut, Rock Climb, Strength and Rock Smash. From my personal experience, there hasn't been a single HM that I haven't found myself needing in any situation. Defog/Whirlpool and Waterfall are kind of tied at the bottom of the list, but they're really all pretty important.

I am EV training my blissey. She has Pokerus. I fainted 100 hoothoot which equals 200 EV points gained in HP. When she leveled up she gained 16 points in the stat. Shouldn't this number be much higher? Like closer to 50?
    At level 100, 4 EVs = +1 to the stat. Until then, the ratio will be a little different. Don't quote me on that though.

Eeohnex

Illuminate
    Years
  • I never had that problem. I'm not going to go into that, so here's my question:
    My friend is Polish. What I want to know is, "Is there a Polish version of Pokemon SoulSilver?" He's going to Poland next month, and he wants to know. Please VM me if you know. Thanks!
    There isn't a Polish version, only Japanese,French,German,Italian,Korean,Spanish and English.

Tinhead Bruce

the Neighbour
    Years
  • I have some trouble. This problem was also the same in platinum. The thing is that there are so many HM's in the game and i really find it hard to teach them onto any of my pokemon because there are many other better skills to use than those of HMS. So i have trouble deciding which HM's will actually be useful in the long run and which will be useless. Also i need to know if there is a pokemon which i can teach many HM's too, a sort of HM mule if you will. So you see my dilema.

The HMs you will need all depend on the situation. I mean, if you're going into a cave, you're going to want Rock Climb, Strength, Rock Smash, Surf and Waterfall. If you're out in a forest, you're going to want Cut and maybe Surf. It really all depends on what situation you're going to be in. For HM slaves, I can personally recommend Tauros. It can learn 5 of the 8 HMs, and they're usually the most needed (Rock Smash, Strength, Rock Climb, Surf, and Whirlpool, which isn't needed as much). Like the person above says, Bibarel is an excellent option as well, but for use before the E4, I like Tauros. I also use Farfetch'd for Fly and Cut.

Hi there, this is my first post.

I was just wondering if anyone here has any idea when people living in Australia will be able to get the Wi-Fi Mew Event. Serebii doesn't seem to give any information on this and I was just wondering if anyone here knew.

Also, if anyone knows an alternate way of obtaining a Mew on Heartgold/Soulsilver please reply :P

Thanks alot.

... The Mew event hasn't been announced yet. The only place it has happened is in Japan, so I wouldn't expect it to come out for a while. You'll hear about the event when it's announced. I'm sure the Gen IV forums will be abuzz.

Hi all, I was wondering if someone could explain this to me.

To give a little clarity to the above poster: 4 EVs do equal 1 stat point at level 100, and only level 100, so you will not receive the full effect of EV training until level 100. The EVs are gained gradually, so don't expect the gains in the EVed stat to be much bigger than the other stats after the first few levels after EV training it. You'll get 4s and 5s, but that's about it. Fear not though, I promise that at level 100 your Blissey will have 50 hp more than if you hadn't EV trained her. Let me just ask you a question though: why 200 EVs? Why not max out at 252 EVs? There isn't any competitive set with a spread like that. In fact, there isn't any competitive set with more than 152 HP EVs.

Sorry if I was a bit circular in my way of talking in this post, but I'm a bit tired, and I'm not quite sure how to explain it another way.

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • New Rule

Alright, so it seems not all have seen it yet, but the first post of the HG/SS Help Thread has been updated with a new rule. We've realized a lot of you like to leave thank you posts after your question has been answered, which really isn't necessary. Hence the new rule:

[jq]→ This thread is for questions & answers only. Having a thank you post is not necessary and will probably end up being deleted. It basically clutters the thread, and isn't needed. If you do wish to say thank you, then do it in the same post as your question[/jq]Please, we do wish you follow it. Thank you.

Back