• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

HG/SS Help Thread

Cyndahog

lol hi
Years
  • I'm just kind of confused /w the Power items and breeding.

Say if a Male Larvitar with a 28 IV in HP is put into the daycare holding a Power Weight, and a 31 Attack IV'd Ditto holding a Power Bracer is also put in.
    Will both IV's be passed down? I read some different things on the Smogon forums: I heard from one user that either one IV or the other will be passed down to the offspring, but not both, and I heard from yet another user that both can be passed down but not 100%.

Which is true, does anyone know? I need a definite answer.
    Thanks in advance.

Years
    • Seen Apr 24, 2011
    i thought of an idea it might work
    on the pokewalker the ! are normal then you transfer them onto your game and go to pokemon center and save in front of computer i was wondering if you could SR them to be shiny i know that you can SR their nature

Years
  • hey, I'm trying to find a pineco to evolve into a forrestress so I can get a beldum from Steven, but I can't find a pineco anywhere. I've been headbutting tress but I keep getting hoothoot and spearow. Where should I headbutt to get a pineco? the rate of getting a pokemon when headbutting seems to be really low, out of 10 times I headbutt a tree (the same tree for all 10 times), I usually only find 2 or 3 pokemon

edit: nevermind I finally found one, I guess they're just not that common xD

Last edited:

Volroc

The Unpredictability Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    hey, I'm trying to find a pineco to evolve into a forrestress so I can get a beldum from Steven, but I can't find a pineco anywhere. I've been headbutting tress but I keep getting hoothoot and spearow. Where should I headbutt to get a pineco? the rate of getting a pokemon when headbutting seems to be really low, out of 10 times I headbutt a tree (the same tree for all 10 times), I usually only find 2 or 3 pokemon

edit: nevermind I finally found one, I guess they're just not that common xD

ya their rare in headbutt trees lol

Years
  • Flash TM?

Where can i get the flash TM? i've already had it from the guy who gives you it but i need it for a different pokemon, any idea where i can get, also what TM number is it?

Years
  • you can get it at the goldenrod department store. I think It's TM 70 or something. You can get as many as you want and it's relatively cheap. While I was playing through HG, I was always low on cash until after the 6th gym, but I was using savings, so you should be fine.

DCFC_Woody

Shinny Hunter
    Years
  • A QUICK QUESTION?

Im doin the masuda method atm and im just wonderin wheather its safe to turn it off, theres no reason why it shouldnt be but what do you think

EJ

everything is purple
    Years
    • FL
    • Seen Mar 19, 2022
    Im doin the masuda method atm and im just wonderin wheather its safe to turn it off, theres no reason why it shouldnt be but what do you think

Turn the game off? There's no reason to be afraid since all you're doing is breeding like you normally do.

Kon~

Follow your dream to the end ~
    Years
  • Recently, my friend has been having trouble with his Pokéwalker. From what he's told me, he resynched it to his game and now the menu doesn't display how many Watts are needed to get the next route, nor do any of his Watts from the Pokéwalker register.

We're both stumped as to what the cause could be, or how to combat it. Any suggestions?

I'm just bringing this over from the previous page, as I still don't have an answer and I am seeing my friend tomorrow morning, when we would like to have this sorted. Muchos gracias. ~♪

Years
    • Age 34
    • CA
    • Seen Sep 22, 2010
    he may have unlocked all routes. is thelast one town outskirts? you cant get the later routes till you have the national pokedex. (i'm theorizing that cos I have the same issue)

Years
    • Seen May 25, 2010
    Help!

does anyone know of a method to store pokemon outside of D/P & HG/SS, so that you can restart your game WITHOUT losing your pokemon? Like how Colosseum/XD/Pokemon Box can store pokemon from R/S/E/LG/FR, is there something out there that can store pokemon from D/P & HG/SS?

countryemo

Kicking against the earth!
    Years
  • Does this go here?.

I batted whitney b4 but when i returned this time i cant get in. (up stair-through door-trys top go left but is stuck)

Years
  • @ AbsolDemon - MyPokemonRanch. It's a WiiWare thing. Good thing is, that when you put in 999 pokemon, you get a Mew! However, you have to send them back to the save file they came from....

@ CountryEmo - You tried the top-right entrance to the centre of the gym right?
    Because that's where you go in to get to her

Volroc

The Unpredictability Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    how do i get the guy on Aqua to move?

i found his partner beat him, but he still wont mvoe T_T

Years
  • My Pokemon Ranch only works with Diamond and Pearl. Platinum for the Japanese since they received an update. Otherwise, there is none for HG/SS as of yet.

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 20, 2020
    does anyone know of a method to store pokemon outside of D/P & HG/SS, so that you can restart your game WITHOUT losing your pokemon? Like how Colosseum/XD/Pokemon Box can store pokemon from R/S/E/LG/FR, is there something out there that can store pokemon from D/P & HG/SS?

My Pokemon Ranch works for Diamond and Pearl, but not Platinum and onward. We ask for a patch, Nintendo said that we don't want it.

Alexeon

← from acrøss T·I·M·E ☆
    Years
  • Regardless, it's to my understanding that My Pokémon Ranch can't be used to transfer Pokémon from one save file to another (even if it's a new game on the same cartridge).

Bulbapedia said:
    It is essentially a Generation IV version of Pokémon Box. However, it is notable that Pokémon Ranch is similar to Pokémon Battle Revolution in that it will only interact with specific save files. This means that if a Pokémon is placed on the ranch, only the game from which it was placed onto the ranch may take the Pokémon back off it. This prevents people storing Pokémon and starting a new game - something for which previous storage titles were quite useful.

As such, in the current generation, there really is no way at the moment to transfer Pokémon and items in massive amounts from one game/file to another, besides the very slow trading method...which is just ridiculous, but not much we can do about it~

Back