• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

HG/SS Help Thread

spike6958

TCG Collector
    Years
    • Age 35
    • UK
    • Seen Apr 30, 2021
    Hey guy's I am thinking of starting again on HG but I was wondering, will doing so make me lose all the PokeWalker routes gotten throughout the game and from Wifi events?

Alexeon

← from acrøss T·I·M·E ☆
    Years
    Yup, you'll lose all acquired Pokéwalker routes, including the event ones (meaning you can't get Yellow Forest back). x_x

spike6958

TCG Collector
    Years
    • Age 35
    • UK
    • Seen Apr 30, 2021
    Yup, you'll lose all acquired Pokéwalker routes, including the event ones (meaning you can't get Yellow Forest back). x_x

So I gotta make a choice, keep the PokeWalker routes but be stuck with a team that I hate, or start over and lose them all, this is why I hate Nintendo and there one save file rule for Pokémon, and these events, it basically means you have to buy a new game EVERY TIME you wanna start over.

Well, thanks anyway.

Eeohnex

Illuminate
    Years
    i already beat him in a battle -_-"
    My bad, after you battle him, he should leave and the sailor in the basement next to the engine room should let you passed through. Just to be clear, I'm talking about the sailor in the first floor, to the left, on the second room on southern part of the ship.

Calder

Gamertag: LycaNinja
    Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2011
    How long does it take for the Pokeathlon to reset so you can start buying certain items again?

Second of all, chronicles of the mysteriously dissapearing Entei icon part 2. A while back I asked in this same thread if you can't see the Entei icon does it mean it is in the same area. Later we assumed that it simply meant that he was in Kanto. However the little bugger is not showing up on either side of the map. Any ideas why?

Items depend on what day it is...here is the chart...

MONDAY
    Red Apricorn - 200p
    Blue Apricorn - 200p
    Green Apricorn - 200p
    Moomoo Milk - 100p
    Moon Stone - 3000p (Moonday in Japan get it?)
    Rare Candy - 2000p

TUESDAY
    Yellow Apricorn - 200p
    Pink Apricorn - 200p
    White Apricorn - 200p
    Moomoo Milk - 100p
    Fire Stone - 2500p
    PP Up - 1000p

WEDNESDAY
    Blue Apricorn - 200p
    Pink Apricorn - 200p
    Black Apricorn - 200p
    Moomoo Milk - 100p
    Water Stone - 2500p
    Heart Scale - 1000p

THURSDAY
    Yellow Apricorn - 200p
    Pink Apricorn - 200p
    White Apricorn - 200p
    Moomoo Milk - 100p
    Metal Coat - 2500p
    Nugget - 500p

SATURDAY
    Green Apricorn - 200p
    White Apricorn - 200p
    Black Apricorn - 200p
    Moomoo Milk - 100p
    Leaf Stone - 2500p
    Rare Candy - 2000p

SUNDAY
    Red Apricorn - 200p
    Blue Apricorn - 200p
    Black Apricorn - 200p
    Moomoo Milk - 100p
    King's Rock - 3000p
    Heart Scale - 1000p

AFTER YOU OBTAIN THE NAT DEX THE ITEMS DOUBLE EVERY DAY ADDING 6 MORE ITEMS EACH DAY. (IDK what day they appear sadly, Never went there after I got the nat dex on SS but they basically Shiny, Dawn, Dusk Stones, Dragon Scale, and the Sun Stone (Thats not all but some))

Where do you get Ball capsules?

shookie

Often scatters things.
    Years
    Where do you get Ball capsules?
    Once you heal the Miltank on Route 39, the owners will give you a Seal Case and some seals. After that, you can only get seals from the little girl in Olivine City; she gives three per day.

Years
    Hi, don't know if this has been asked already but where is the best place to train before Blackthorn Gym? I've already defeated all the trainers in the route under the town so I don't know where else to train.

Thanks.

Last edited:

Calder

Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2011
    Hi, don't know if this has been asked already but where is the best place to train before Blackthorn Gym? I've already defeated all the trainers in the route under the town so I don't know where else to train.

Thanks.

I usually just attempt to beat Clair and get EXP on the one or two I kill...or train on the Wilds in the route near the town...or the cave...there are hidden trains if you go down all the way on the left...there is a level problem in this game they never fixed (they made it worse actually) so its best to only have like 3-4 Pokemon at this time...but yeah...Wilds or Clair...

Once you heal the Miltank on Route 39, the owners will give you a Seal Case and some seals. After that, you can only get seals from the little girl in Olivine City; she gives three per day.

Thanks bro I forgot about that

Last edited:

Volroc

The Unpredictability Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    My bad, after you battle him, he should leave and the sailor in the basement next to the engine room should let you passed through. Just to be clear, I'm talking about the sailor in the first floor, to the left, on the second room on southern part of the ship.

ya i got it thank you

hey does anyone know a good place to train in kanto?
    im horribly under leveled -_-"

Years
    • Seen Aug 23, 2010

Thanks.

Also a nice place to train would be the grass south of the safari zone. The levels don't seem that high but a tauros there gives around 600 XP a time.

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 20, 2020
    ya i got it thank you

During a Chansey Swarm, try stealing a Lucky Egg and giving it to your Pokemon. Then you just battle the level 23 Chansey all day long. I got about 4 levels on my Level 80 Typholosion.

EJ

everything is purple
    Years
    • FL
    • Seen Mar 19, 2022

How do you heal the miltank?

Volroc

Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    During a Chansey Swarm, try stealing a Lucky Egg and giving it to your Pokemon. Then you just battle the level 23 Chansey all day long. I got about 4 levels on my Level 80 Typholosion.

ill try that thanx ^_^

wait do swarms happen before i beat elite4 the 2nd time?

Calder

Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2011
    ya i got it thank you

During a Chansey Swarm yes it is easy to get a Lucky Egg...but I suggest you use the following...it helps you get items from wilds easy...

What You Need:
    1. Pokemon with Compoundeyes in Slot 1 of your Party. Butterfree is easy (Venonat, Yanma, and Nincada can too) Venonat and Yanma can have another ability and Nincada is harder to get.
    2. Pokemon with Frisk and a Steal move. Stantler is easy to obtain (Other is Shuppet or Banette) and make it learn Thief.

Compoundeyes makes Wilds have a higher % chance of having an item on them...then switch to Stantler and he will Frisk and tell you what item they are holding...if its a Lucky Egg use Thief and Lucky Egg is obtains and Stantler will be holding it.

Repeat over and over...:)

I call this the Shikacho (or Choshika but that sounds stupider) Method...for obvious reasons

Volroc

Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    During a Chansey Swarm yes it is easy to get a Lucky Egg...but I suggest you use the following...it helps you get items from wilds easy...

What You Need:
    1. Pokemon with Compoundeyes in Slot 1 of your Party. Butterfree is easy (Venonat, Yanma, and Nincada can too) Venonat and Yanma can have another ability and Nincada is harder to get.
    2. Pokemon with Frisk and a Steal move. Stantler is easy to obtain (Other is Shuppet or Banette) and make it learn Thief.

Compoundeyes makes Wilds have a higher % chance of having an item on them...then switch to Stantler and he will Frisk and tell you what item they are holding...if its a Lucky Egg use Thief and Lucky Egg is obtains and Stantler will be holding it.

Repeat over and over...:)

alright thnx, hmmm its been awhile since i used a butterfree

stantler is interestin thought

so theif + frisk, with compound eyes
    & a chansey swarm..... ill hav to search that up on serebii ^_^

Calder

Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2011
    You took out the whole Shikacho part xD Shika is for Stantler and Cho for the Butterfree if you don't get it...(Shika = Deer, Cho = Butterfly)

Volroc

Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    You took out the whole Shikacho part xD Shika is for Stantler and Cho for the Butterfree if you don't get it...(Shika = Deer, Cho = Butterfly)

sorry my jap is horribly lackin cuz of the amnesia :embarrass

so basically: compound eyes on cho, with a frisky Shika + theif lol

Back