• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

HG/SS Help Thread

rndm.

Mostly inactive D:
Years
  • Hello.
    I'm having trouble connecting to the wifi on HG.

I use a Ds-i. I can use the internet on the browser and on flipnote.
    But when I confirm my WEP it says its incorrect when I know that it is.

Is this just my DS? j:

I might have the same problem. What is the error code you get?

Years
  • Can someone explain what is an EV? How do you train it? I've also ran out of room where to find some trainers to train my pokemon.

Edit: Today is is Tuesday the bug contest right. The guy over at the desk say you can only have 1 pokemon with you. Am I right. Well I deposit all my strong pokemon in the pc and took out my gloom which I'm planning on training in the future. Right now my gloom is at level 22. So it should be no problem with sleep powder. :D Well anyways I was wondering what time of day does the bug contest lady shows up. I went there they wouldn't let me participate. I was like wow.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Hi, I was basically wondering which move would be better to face Lance with, either Blizzard or Ice Beam. This is only because the last ten times I went up against him he just OHKOed all of my Pokemon.

Last edited:

Eeohnex

Illuminate
    Years
  • Can someone explain what is an EV? How do you train it? I've also ran out of room where to find some trainers to train my pokemon.
    This guide covers pretty much everything about Effort Values.

Hi, I was basically wondering which move would be better to face Lance with, either Blizzard or Ice Beam. This is only because the last ten times I went up against him he just OHKOed all of my Pokemon.
    Ice Beam has an accuracy of 100% and a Power of 95, which is pretty good. And compared to Blizzard, it has an accuracy of 75% but a Power of 120. So as you can see the Power in Blizzard is by 25 more than Ice Beam but the accuracy is less than Ice Beam by 25. So it's really up to you, in my personal opinion I would choose Ice Beam because I know 100% of the time it's going to hit and compared to Blizzard, 1/4 times it's going to miss.

rndm.

Mostly inactive D:
    Years
  • one qiuk question.......in hg/ss where can u find luvdisc.....i need them for heart scales

You can find them at route 27, but only during a swarm.
    Heart Scales can also be found by smashing rocks at Dark Cave and Cianwood, and on various Pokewalker routes too. (Like Beautiful Beach.)

EDIT: Oh, beaten...two times. Well, this sums all up :)

Years
  • Does anyone still have there starter pokemon in there party? I'm planning on replacing it with a water type or an ice type pokemon. Since feraligator doesn't know much water type moves in ss.

Volroc

The Unpredictability Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    Does anyone still have there starter pokemon in there party? I'm planning on replacing it with a water type or an ice type pokemon. Since feraligator doesn't know much water type moves in ss.

i do.
    and just so you know mate it learns aqua tail,which is probably the most badass attack on feraligatr, if i were you id wait a lil while longer.

Years
  • 5864331 said:
    Ice Beam has an accuracy of 100% and a Power of 95, which is pretty good. And compared to Blizzard, it has an accuracy of 75% but a Power of 120. So as you can see the Power in Blizzard is by 25 more than Ice Beam but the accuracy is less than Ice Beam by 25. So it's really up to you, in my personal opinion I would choose Ice Beam because I know 100% of the time it's going to hit and compared to Blizzard, 1/4 times it's going to miss.

Thanks. Also I was wondering if the move Thunder was worth having? By the way I decided to use Blizzard as it seemed more powerful.

Eeohnex

Illuminate
    Years
  • Thanks. Also I was wondering if the move Thunder was worth having? By the way I decided to use Blizzard as it seemed more powerful.
    It has the same Power as Blizzard but it has an accuracy of 70%. It's one of the three most powerful moves of electric type. It's a pretty good move having 10 PP but the accuracy doesn't help that much.

Jerme

stupid
    Years
    • Seen Dec 14, 2010
    My Riakou knows thunder. I'm planning on getting rid of superpower on feraligator. Teach it icebeam.

i say put rain dance on the raikou if you can. and instead of ice beam, give it ice punch or ice bite, unless your feraligatr somehow has insanley high special ttack

rndm.

Mostly inactive D:
    Years
  • You'll get a Feebas egg, although Feebas is a bit of pain if you want to evolve it into a Milotic.

Wait... Milotic is a 50/50 gender pokemon, so it can be either female or male. If you breed female Milotic with male [insert pokemon from same egg group], you'll get a Feebas egg. But if your Milotic is male, you'll have to breed it with a female [insert pokemon], so you won't get a Feebas egg.

Christopher

Hear Me Roar
    Years
  • feebass are dramatically easier to evolve in HG/SS then in any previous generation thanks to Daisy oak her massages and DS Clock manipulation and I'm not sure but I think the hair cut brothers raise happiness too but I am unsure

shengar

♥ Mikan Enthusiast ♥
    Years
    • Seen Jun 25, 2013
    feebass are dramatically easier to evolve in HG/SS then in any previous generation thanks to Daisy oak her massages and DS Clock manipulation and I'm not sure but I think the hair cut brothers raise happiness too but I am unsure

If i'm not wrong, feebas evolve when its beauty stats are high enough right? or they change it in HG/SS? need some revelation please

Back