• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

HG/SS Help Thread

amberfunk

Almost master trainer
    Years
    • Seen May 15, 2014
    Nah it didn't help. I'll try having just 28 items instead of 30. Hopefully that will work. If not I'll just have to trade with someone :( Thanks!

Years
    Actually, it's on Route 47. To get it, you'll have to exit the bottom exit of Cliff Cave, Surf all the way to the left until you find some rocks you can use Rock Climb on. Should be straightforward from that point on.

amberfunk

Almost master trainer
    Years
    • Seen May 15, 2014
    Can someone tell me how to figure out the ivs of a pokemon please. And also what is the masuda method?

shookie

Often scatters things.
    Years
    There's an article on the Masuda Method here : https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Masuda_method . It's also been asked a LOT so there are links all over the forum, I'm sure.

To check IVs you need to find an IV calculator first off. Serebii has one, though most people prefer MetalKid's because it's more accurate and can tell you the Hidden Power probabilities. If you have rare candies to spare, you need to level your Pokémon up high enough to get an accurate reading, or you can do an IV battle over WiFi (which is explained at the bottom of MetalKid's page).

Agent Clank

Bye PC
    Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2011
    ok I need help.
    ok I just got to the Kanto region a few days ago and Ive been beating the Gym Leaders out of Order.
    so does anyone know how to get to brock's gym?

Years
    You have to go through Diglett's Tunnel to get to Pewter Town.
    To do that, you'll need to wake up Snorlax.
    To do that, you'll need the Pokeflute channel on the Radio.
    To do that, you'll need to repair the Power Plant.
    To do that, you'll need to find the stolen machine part.
    To do that, you'll need to go to the Power Plant, where someone will say that a shady character is in Cerulean. Then go to Cerulean Gym where you will find a Rocket Grunt. He will run to to the former Nugget Bridge. Battle him and he'll tell you where that he hid the part in Cerulean Gym somewhere.

Pretty much, a fetch quest.

.Awesome

Awesome.
    Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Jul 11, 2010
    Does anyone know where the Machine part is? I mean I know it's in Misty's gym, but I can't find it. :(

Tater Tot

I used to be popular here~
    Years
    • Age 16
    • Seen Jan 15, 2017
    How do I know if my Pokemon have Pokerus? I was healing at the Center, and I looked up for a minute at the TV, when I looked back down, Nurse Joy was saying something about it. I don't know if she was telling me I have it, or sometimes she just randomly talks about it, but I need to know. I know it doesn't do anything, but it would be kinda cool if I did. XD;

Years
    If you check your Pokemon's status screen, it should have in a big purple bubble "PKRS" or a little orange smiley face. Her telling you about it means you have it.

Inb4 long winded explanation of things you probably don't care about.

Back