• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

HG/SS Help Thread

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday
    is there a limit on what kinds of pokes i can trade to hg/ss from diamond if i don't have a national dex on ss?
    Not at all. I've personally traded over many Pokemon to my SS game that are considered "National", and had no problems.

Years
    Hello I was wondering if I can breed mewtwo and staryu together so my staryu can learn thunderbolt, icebeam, and psychic. Mewtwo is the only one that knows these kinds of moves.

Years
    I have a question. Does butterfree not have any attacks in soul silver? because I saw it on serebii.net and it says butterfree doesn't have any attacks. what is going on? can anyone tell me if butterfree have attacks or not?

Macy123

Casual Indeed
    Years
    EV training question

Eevee has Pokerus and is holding Macho Brace, if I swap it out and use Gyarados to KO the wild Pokemon (Eevee doesn't actually attack the wild Pokemon, I just threw it out first), will Eevee still get 8 EV points? If not, how many?

Christopher

Hear Me Roar
    Years
    The Pokewalker glitch doesn't work it may seem like it was cloned but when you try to send the cloned pokemon back to the game it will say the [insert pokemon here] was released into the wild

shookie

Often scatters things.
    Years
    Eevee has Pokerus and is holding Macho Brace, if I swap it out and use Gyarados to KO the wild Pokemon (Eevee doesn't actually attack the wild Pokemon, I just threw it out first), will Eevee still get 8 EV points? If not, how many?
    Ahungryhamster is correct, the only thing that's halved is the EXP gained. Any Pokémon that gains EXP from a Pokémon gains its EVs as well.

Years
    I heard a rumor that chancey the nurse pokemon can be caught on Route 13,14,15 and 16. Is this true. has some at least caught. If so can you catch it like this time. Let me know. Thanks.

Years
    If you really want Chansey, I've found that going to the Safari Zone is much more efficient.

Have (the equivalent of) 12 Plains blocks in the Meadow, get a Pokémon that's level 41 or 42 at the front of your party, and use Repels. You'll only run into Chansey, and they're not too rare. Only disadvantage is that you can't injure them to make them easier to catch.

I want a chancey with an lucky egg. Not just the chancey. The safari zone is hard to capture without make it weaken it first.

I have caught one on 15 it has a 1% encounter rate

In soul silver or heart gold

Years
    • Seen Jun 22, 2010
    Can my Pokemon evolve into >

Hey are my Pokemon able to evolve into their Sinnoh region forms. Like my Rhydon, in what ever his name is.

Tiax

It's Show Time
    Years
    Yeah, some of those items can be found in Johto or Kanto, so you could evolve Pokemon like Togetic, Magmar, or even your Rydon. Pokemon like Glaceon, Leafeon, Magnezone, and Probopass can only be obtained in D/P/P. I'm not sure if you can get the items to evolve Sneasel and Gligar...probably not.

Back