• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

HG/SS Help Thread

Years
  • Yeah, I'll probably use it on Raikou if my Dusk Balls fail, cuz it won't be caught in an Ultra Ball. I cought Entei in an Ultra Ball already. I haven't even tried catching Latios yet. I'll try though to save my MasterBall for the first wild shiny I find. If it happens to be one of the legendaries, so be it.
    Is there anywhere I can buy Seals in the game?

I believe not, just one stealth rock should effect ALL Pokes that go onto the field.

why would you use a masterball on a shiny pokemon? You can catch with a pokeball or an ultra ball. lol Its a waste of it.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi. I arrived at petwer city. I went to the museum there and it took my enimea stone for a check up. Then few seconds later he gave me a soul something. Then latias pops up out side of the museum. I was trying to catch latais (female) all night. I couldn't. I weaken it until it has the red indicator on the health bar. Then I tried using sleep powder and thunder wave on it and it didn't for. Some I almost had it but it didn't stay in there. So how long does it takes yall to catch it? Let me know what kind of balls to use. I brought 33 ultra balls and 11 great ball and some aparicorn balls. Well I'm clueless now. I also tried poison it with gengar's poison jab, but it didn't work. I need some help. Thanks

Weavile05

Currently Hacking BW
    Years
  • Just keep trying, maybe you'll get lucky, it didn't take me very long to catch it at all.
    If you have High level pokemon, the level ball will work good. Or if you wait till night you can use dusk balls. Love balls will work if you are using a male pokemon. If all of these fail, use the timer ball, after using all of these, of course

Years
    • Seen Oct 2, 2010
    @ Weaville05
    don't use the masterball on anything pokemon. Use wobbetfet on the fleeing legendies. Trust me wobba works. I used a lv 22 one on latios and the dogs and don't use the masterball on shinies because my bro caught a couple shinies without using a masterball.

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen today
    I wouldn't suggest poisoning it. Otherwise, that might kill it from poison damage. Paralyzing is my choice of status to inflict, because I find that it strikes more Pokemon than sleep does.

I second the suggestion of False Swipe (take a look here to see which Pokemon can learn it) and Pokemon that can handle Latias's hits. Otherwise, your Pokemon will just get knocked down from it attacking.

Also, buy a lot of Ultra/Great/Poke balls and have a wide variety of the apricorn balls. You'll never know exactly which one will work.

Is there anywhere I can buy Seals in the game?
    You mean the stickers that can be placed on Pokeballs? Not that I know of. Only way mentioned to get them is from the girl in Olivine.

Years
    • Seen Oct 2, 2010
    Yes I argee astunis. :) Paralzyis is great status mood then use wobbetfet to put the hp down and then the ablity shadow tag (wobbetfet again) and catch the fleeing pokemon with ultra balls, great balls, poke balls whatever you wanna use

Last edited:
    Years
  • Just a quicky question. whats the earliest place for a ryhorn to appear in SS?

Safari Zone, in the Savannah areas, I believe.

I would like to ask how you obtain the third starter set in your Pokedex, in SS. Obviously you have one set (for instance Chikorita) and your rival has the other (eg. Cyndaquil), but can you only acquire the third set in the pokedex from trading or is there some other way?

Years
  • I'm trying to face blaine for a vocano badge and I'm training my poliwril right now and I need help. My poliworl level is 44. I couldn't beat him. THanks

Years
  • I want to teach Ninetales Hypnosis and Energy Ball but they're both Egg Moves I've read, and I don't really get the concept but if I get a male Smeargle to Sketch Energy Ball and Hypnosis off some Pokémon then breed with a Ninetales/Vulpix to get a Vulpix w/ those moves?

Also, I'd appreciate if someone could tell me which Pokémon Smeargle could sketch Hypnosis and Energy Ball off if that's the case.

I want to teach Ninetales Hypnosis and Energy Ball but they're both Egg Moves I've read, and I don't really get the concept but do I get a male Smeargle to Sketch Energy Ball and Hypnosis off some Pokémon then breed with a Ninetales/Vulpix to get a Vulpix w/ those moves?

Also, I'd appreciate if someone could tell me which Pokémon Smeargle could sketch Hypnosis and Energy Ball off if that's the case.

Last edited:

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • Your Ninetales/Vulpix must be female, but the baby, regardless of gender, should inherit both moves. And I don't use Smeargle heavily for breeding, but using Sketch should work to get the moves to your baby Pokemon.

Drowzee, Stantler, Ralts, Gastly, Hoothoot , and their respective evolutions (if any) are among those who learn Hypnosis.

Treecko, Lotad, Shaymin, Lileep, and their respective evolutions (if any) learn Energy Ball naturally. You can also use TM53.

Here's the trick: You need to enter into an ingame Double Battle to Sketch the moves from your other Pokemon. It won't work in a link or wi-fi battle. There are only two Double Battle trainers that can be rematched via PokeGear in HG/SS: Tim & Sue on Route 13 and Kay & Tia on Route 15. Challenge either of them to a rematch, then have Smeargle sketch the desired moves on the first turn of the battle. Since you have two moves you want Sketched, I'd advise rematching twice, doing one move per battle.

I hope this isn't too confusing, but these games really have a roundabout way of taking advantage of Sketch:/

Years
    • Seen Aug 16, 2010
    Hey guys, another question here

I want to start EV training my pokemon, but I've got a few questions..

1. How would I know if I've hit the max 255 limit on a stat? Will it tell me when I level up?

2. When I level a pokemon, will the EV changes take place there or will they grow continuously as I battle?

3. Where can I find the berries that reduce unwanted EVs in a pokemon?

Thanks in advance

polkop

LSHMSFOAIDMT
    Years
  • Hey guys, another question here

I want to start EV training my pokemon, but I've got a few questions..

1. How would I know if I've hit the max 255 limit on a stat? Will it tell me when I level up?

2. When I level a pokemon, will the EV changes take place there or will they grow continuously as I battle?

3. Where can I find the berries that reduce unwanted EVs in a pokemon?

Thanks in advance

1) The game won't tell you. You have to count them.
    2) The EV changes appear when your pokemon level up. That is why you can't EV train Lv 100 pokemon.
    3) Find Shard and trade them for berry in Fushia City(Koga's daughter gym city).

Years
  • I'm going to evolve my poliwirl to a politoad after I get it to learn hydro pump. Also I haven't fight ericka yet.

edit: Also I'm trying to catch the hoenn and sinnohn pokemon. What do I need to get them? I already got the expansion radio from the old man in lavendaer town. Today is wed and I want to catch some.

Last edited:
    Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    You simply go onto a Route, and turn on the Radio to the right Station. Then, just walk around in the grass/cave/whatever, and eventually you'll find a Sinnoh or Hoenn Pokemon, depending on the day you're searching. The Hoenn/Sinnoh Pokemon you find depends on the terrain you're in. For example, Plusle and Minun can be found in the grassy area, while Absol can be found like cave (like Mt. Moon).

Back