• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

HG/SS Help Thread

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen May 15, 2024
    Try smashing rocks in: Cianwood City, Dark Cave, Kanto Route 19, Rock Tunnel, Vermillion City, Victory Road (Kanto), and Tohjo Falls cave. Though just be aware that it isn't always a guarantee that you'll find a Heart Scale under the rocks you smash there. You might find other items, wild Pokemon, or nothing.

If you have a Pokemon with Pickup that's over level 51, you can bring it around with you, and it might pick up a Heart Scale then. But that's a low percentage.

There's also the chance to buy one for 1000 points at the Pokéthalon Dome on Wednesdays and Sundays.

But your best bet is to use Rock Smash in those areas I first listed over and over again, and see what you can get that way.

Years
  • Last night I went to the seaform island on a search for an articuno. I couldn't find it. Instead I found a icebeam tm. Does anyone know where to find a good map of articuno?

Zerrah.

Mauling with Ursaring
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 15, 2018
    I'm in the process of training an Umbreon for a friend of mine, and he wants it to know Baton Pass and Faint Attack. Both are learned at level 36. In order to get both moves, should I level it up as an Eevee, evolve it and use a Heart Scale? Or evolve it, get Faint Attack, and use a Heart Scale? Or is either way effective?

Years
    • Seen Aug 23, 2010
    Heart Scale

I want to know something. I went across mt silver and I haven't find a single heart scale. Does anyone know where is a good place for heart scale hunting? I need it for my meganium. So I can replace a move.

I've found the best place is the Pokewalker in Beautiful Beach. If you've done over 2000 steps they're about 1 in 5 of the items. I got several that way.

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    An evolved pokemon can't re-learn it's pre-evolution's level-up moves when the original pokemon never levelled up high enough to have the opportunity.

So, level Eevee to lv.36, teach it Baton Pass, evolve it, use a Heart Scale to get Faint Attack

Green man

541nys R k00l
    Years
  • I placed a bunch of peak objects on the peak to get a Lairon. Then I searched in the grass for one, but keep seeing geodudes and magnetons. Do I have to leave the 'zone and come back? Or are lairon just really hard to find.

Also, since there are 25 objects placed, can I get Trapinch at the desert, or do the peak blocks need to be placed at the desert?

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    You can get Articuno without all the badges. I had 8 when I got it.

So, that's not his problem.

He just needs to look harder.

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen May 15, 2024
    @ltsang: Agreeing with the advice of Amore. You really just need to keep exploring the Seafoam Islands. Solve all the ice puzzles, go down every ladder, surf over every piece of water. I can't find a good map for you, so that's really the only advice I can give.

@Green Man: Lairion's supposedly common, so don't know why you would have problems finding it. Again, just keep looking?

And you'll need to put those Peak objects in the Desert in order to find Trapinch.

jammi567

I currently have a Togetic, and I want to evolve it into a Togekiss. I also have the Official Strategy Guide (yeah, laugh at me, I know how bad they are), and it says that you can get a Shiny stone by getting 1st Place. Yet, I can't seem to get one. I've tried at least 10 times so far, but no luck.

Basically, am I just really unlucky, or do I have to wait until I can use Rock Climb?

Edit: I'm in Kanto, and thus have the National Dex. I don't know if that makes much of a difference.

Years
    • Seen Aug 23, 2010
    I've got a question.

I currently have a Togetic, and I want to evolve it into a Togekiss. I also have the Official Strategy Guide (yeah, laugh at me, I know how bad they are), and it says that you can get a Shiny stone by getting 1st Place. Yet, I can't seem to get one. I've tried at least 10 times so far, but no luck.

Basically, am I just really unlucky, or do I have to wait until I can use Rock Climb?

Edit: I'm in Kanto, and thus have the National Dex. I don't know if that makes much of a difference.

There are 9 stones you can get, so not getting the one you want in only 10 tries isn't very unlucky...

But if you want a couple of tips:

• Save just before you talk to the man, if you don't get the stone you want, reset and try again - it's random, not pre-determined by the day.
    • To ensure you win use a Pokemon with sleep and a nice high Def/HP. Don't waste balls on anything till you find a Pinsir, then put it to sleep and keep throwing balls. It will always win if you don't lower its HP.

Lil Lee Harvey

Livestream League
    Years
  • I'm trying for a shiny Moltres, and I'm just wondering. How do people get them???

I saved before the fight and I'm just soft resetting every time it's not shiny... which has been every time. Will it become shiny this way?

Years
    • Seen Nov 7, 2010
    I'm trying for a shiny Moltres, and I'm just wondering. How do people get them???

I saved before the fight and I'm just soft resetting every time it's not shiny... which has been every time. Will it become shiny this way?

The odds of encountering a Shiny Pokemon are 1/8,192...

so it's like rolling a Die, with 8,192 sides to it.

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    Do you have to beat the elite 4 and champion in emerald before I can transfer my pokemon to my SS with the pal park feature?

rndm.

Mostly inactive D:
    Years
  • @Nugg
    Johto:
    -Cianwood City
    -Outside Mt. Mortar, middle of Route 42
    Kanto:
    -Vermillion City
    -Route 14
    And finally, you can catch it at route 25. If you accidentally defeat it, beat the Elite Four and go to the basement of Burned Tower. Suicune will reappear there.

@Mew~
    No. All you have to do is have at least 6 pokemon in Emerald.

Last edited:

AuraGaurdian

Protector of auras
    Years
  • Shiny leaf?

not sure if its stupid to not know this but here it goes while walking with my newly hatched riolu and while walking through grass I turn around and talk to my friend to find out that he has found something called a shiny leaf and now whenever I look at his summary I see a little icon of a sparkly golden leaf at the bottom of his summary with the words shiny leaf beside it. could someone plez tell me wat this means?

Years
    • Seen Jul 3, 2011
    Hey guys, I need help finding a space filler for my team (in sig). Just wondering if you have any good ideas, yeah?

Years
  • I recently trying to complete my unknown dex. So far I caught 9 different kinds. What other kinds am I missing so far? Does anyone know? Let me know. thanks.

Back