• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

HG/SS Help Thread

Eli

Years
    • WI
    • Seen Oct 19, 2011
    I had my Typlosion at lvl 56ish and was able to defeat the entire E4 with him and 2-3 fillers to regain full health.
    haha that's how i used to do it.

oh and i have no one to trade my haunter with to get it to gengar.

Years
    • Seen Aug 28, 2010
    I just restarted... :( Sorry man.

I have been wanting to figure out how to trade with people on this DSi..

Years
    So i'm on Pokemon Heartgold and i literally have beaten all the gym leader's with luck and potions and stuff so as a result im quite under levelled for the fight against the Kimono girls.
    Anyone know a good place to train because my team just can't beat them :\
    Here's my team;

Hypno - lvl 35
    Gyarados - lvl 35
    Pidgeot - lvl 36
    Meganium - lvl 35
    Dratini - lvl 19
    Growlithe - 35

Thanks for future help :)

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    Anyone want to share some tips on how to level up my pokemon? I've battled nearly every trainer in the game and I hate waiting for rematches... oh and wild pokemon battles are BORING! Lol...

Years
    • Seen Sep 12, 2016
    So i'm on Pokemon Heartgold and i literally have beaten all the gym leader's with luck and potions and stuff so as a result im quite under levelled for the fight against the Kimono girls.
    Anyone know a good place to train because my team just can't beat them :\
    Here's my team;

Hypno - lvl 35
    Gyarados - lvl 35
    Pidgeot - lvl 36
    Meganium - lvl 35
    Dratini - lvl 19
    Growlithe - 35

Thanks for future help :)

Hmm.. *shake head*
    You better, level up your Pokemon at least Lv. 45 to 55 if you wanna win
    the Elite Four...

In Hg/Ss... There aren't much wild Pokemon can help you on leveling...
    If you register the trainers' number after battle then you still have chance to level up your Pokemon! You can call them for a rematch!! Click on the link for more infos!
    https://www.serebii.net/heartgoldsoulsilver/rematch.shtml

Or you could trade them to your friend/to your order game cart.. i assume you know this--Pokemon from trade level up more faster, right?

Last edited:

angel8

Should train more Pokemon
    Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2011
    Heyy
    A friend of mine was cloning a few of my Pokemon, and she sent them back and they started disappearing!! So far, about four have gone. PLEASE HELP!!!!

Christopher

Hear Me Roar
    Years
    I've never heard of that how many pokemon do you have in your boxes maybe you have just misplaced them. Did your friend clone Via the D/P glitch?

Years
    • Seen Sep 12, 2016
    I can't believe I'm the one who's gonna ask question :P

Question: The Pokemon that were caught from the Pokewalker, are there any chances that they can be shiny too?

Kip

🔥 Fluffy Fire Fox
    Years
    • Age 32
    • They/Them
    • UK
    • Seen May 16, 2024
    I can't believe I'm the one who's gonna ask question :P

Question: The Pokemon that were caught from the Pokewalker, are there any chances that they can be shiny too?

I think it's possible (I need concrete evidence though), but I don't think there is any indication that the Pokémon is a shiny on the PokéWalker display. You would only know that a Pokémon is a shiny when it is transferred back to the game card. If you can get shinies on the PokéWalker, then the chance of getting one would probably be the same as one appearing in the wild, which is 1/8192.

Kip

🔥 Fluffy Fire Fox
    Years
    • Age 32
    • They/Them
    • UK
    • Seen May 16, 2024
    Okay, I'll take that as an answer for this time...

Lol - that sounds like an idle threat :P End it with "...but next time, be vague with me again and I promise it will scar you for the remainder of your sorry little life!" <cue evil laugh> Or something like that.

[/offtopic] Annnyywaayy I've researched this a bit more (I love Google), but it hasn't really helped. It's a question that's been asked on many Pokémon forums (you'll probably find it here buried somewhere) and there are many conflicting answers. I did find a few YouTube vids claiming that the shinies came from the PokéWalker, but they're so easy to fake. :/

Years
    • Seen Sep 12, 2016
    Lol - that sounds like an idle threat :P End it with "...but next time, be vague with me again and I promise it will scar you for the remainder of your sorry little life!" <cue evil laugh> Or something like that.

[/offtopic] Annnyywaayy I've researched this a bit more (I love Google), but it hasn't really helped. It's a question that's been asked on many Pokémon forums (you'll probably find it here buried somewhere) and there are many conflicting answers. I did find a few YouTube vids claiming that the shinies came from the PokéWalker, but they're so easy to fake. :/
    I'm so sorry... It's a habit of mine... Thank you for even searching it on Google...
    Please don't waste time on my question.

Another question:

I heard IVs (of the offsprings) can be raise if you breed Pokemon...
    I don't quite get it...
    I thought the IVs of the offspring comes randomly... Unless you equip them with Power Belt(and similar items), the IVs can be pass on to the offspring...
    Please explain it to me... Thank you...

Last edited:

bobandbill

one more time
    Years

I think it's possible (I need concrete evidence though), but I don't think there is any indication that the Pokémon is a shiny on the PokéWalker display. You would only know that a Pokémon is a shiny when it is transferred back to the game card. If you can get shinies on the PokéWalker, then the chance of getting one would probably be the same as one appearing in the wild, which is 1/8192.
    This is an interesting thing actually - I recall reading up when people were investigating the Pokewalker someone finding out about it. Basically it's very unlikely you are actually able to find shiny Pokemon on the Pokewalker as it depends on your trainer and secret ID numbers which are rather specific for which ones allow you to find shiny Pokemon on the walker - so it's very unlikely. However on the flip side, if you do have the right numbers somehow then the chance of finding a shiny on the Pokewalker is 1/32. Here's a post with a touch more info on that: https://www.serebiiforums.com/showpost.php?p=10704459&postcount=71

I heard IVs (of the offsprings) can be raise if you breed Pokemon...
    I don't quite get it...
    I thought the IVs of the offspring comes randomly... Unless you equip them with Power Belt(and similar items), the IVs can be pass on to the offspring...
    Please explain it to me... Thank you...
    They don't all come off randomly when you breed a Pokemon. Either 1,2 or 3 stats can be passed down from the parents onto the offspring (say the father's attack stat and the mother's defense and speed stat) when you bred - which stats get passed down is random though. It's usually three unless say the rng picks the same stat twice (or thrice - i.e. the father's attack stat twice and mother's speed stat so only thos two get passed down). The Power items force though stat that get passed down though if on a parent.

Years
    • Seen Sep 12, 2016
    This is an interesting thing actually - I recall reading up when people were investigating the Pokewalker someone finding out about it. Basically it's very unlikely you are actually able to find shiny Pokemon on the Pokewalker as it depends on your trainer and secret ID numbers which are rather specific for which ones allow you to find shiny Pokemon on the walker - so it's very unlikely. However on the flip side, if you do have the right numbers somehow then the chance of finding a shiny on the Pokewalker is 1/32. Here's a post with a touch more info on that: https://www.serebiiforums.com/showpost.php?p=10704459&postcount=71

They don't all come off randomly when you breed a Pokemon. Either 1,2 or 3 stats can be passed down from the parents onto the offspring (say the father's attack stat and the mother's defense and speed stat) when you bred - which stats get passed down is random though. It's usually three unless say the rng picks the same stat twice (or thrice - i.e. the father's attack stat twice and mother's speed stat so only thos two get passed down). The Power items force though stat that get passed down though if on a parent.
    I bred a near very good IV.. I see people havin ALL IVs like 31...
    *Is it legit and did they get all 31, like by luck only?

*It is commonly accepted that Pokemon from the wild have lower IVs than the breed ones, is it actually true--All wild Pokemon have lower IVs than breed ones? This also applies for legendary, starters and other giveaway Pokemon from in games right?

*Is it possible to capture an "All Perfect IVs" Pokemon in wild?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Feb 14, 2011
    I bred a near very good IV.. I see people havin ALL IVs like 31...
    *Is it legit and did they get all 31, like by luck only?

*It is commonly accepted that Pokemon from the wild have lower IVs than the breed ones, is it actually true--All wild Pokemon have lower IVs than breed ones? This also applies for legendary, starters and other giveaway Pokemon from in games right?

*Is it possible to capture an "All Perfect IVs" Pokemon in wild?

It can be legit. If you RNG it, it is very possible to get flawless IV's pretty easily. I'm not sure for wild pokemon though.

Back