• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

HG/SS Help Thread

blaQk

perfectionist. ♥
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2014
    Which arcade? I also want to do some breeding natures. My team really sucks. Does anyone know where I can read on how to breed a certain nature? Thanks.

Giving an Evertstone to the female pokemon or a Ditto raises the chances of the baby inheriting the female's nature to 50%.

You can also RNG for nature.

Years
    • Seen Nov 22, 2010
    Can someone rate my pokemon team as of now? Thanks in advance. :)

1. Feraligatr
    2. Dragonite
    3. Ho-oh
    4. Arcanine
    5. Venasaur
    6. Mewtwo

I was looking for variety of types, so if anyone can give advice on that, it would be great!

You got some good coverage there, but half your team is weak to rock. Dragonite and Arcanine are 2x weak (and thus Stealth Rock will take 25% off with a switch in), and Ho-oh is 4x weak (and thus looses 50% health on the switch). However, since you have ubers, I'm assuming this is for in-game purposes, so Stealth Rock doesn't come into play, since no trainer uses it (at least in my experience). But the fact remains that Stone Edge and the like could give your team a decent amount of trouble. As someone else already said, replacing Ho-oh is not a bad idea, and adding a ground type or a fighting type would help in terms of being able to hit more pokemon strongly (fighting in particular gives you super effective hits on normal and dark types). With a fighting type, and looking at the other pokemon you have, you would be able to hit all types supereffectively except ghost, psychic, flying, and electric, while with a ground type you can hit everything except for ghost, flying, psychic, dark, and normal supereffectively. An advantage to ground, though, is the crucial electric immunity needed by your team, as right now only Venasuar resists it, and Feraligatr and Ho-oh are weak to it.

Years
    Last night I decided to go to the dark cave to search for heart scale and a dunsparce. I was suprise by the dunsparace too. Instead of heart scale I find a max either in the rumble. I was hoping for a heart scale. I search the whole area in the dark cave and I couldn't find any. Does anyone know a good place to look? Also I want to know where to check the iv's that the pokemon has in my party Let me know thanks. One more thing. I've tried taking a leftover from red's snorlax and it doesn't work. Why? I need a leftover so thats why I decide to take his. I could also take the e4, but its too much work.

Last edited:
    Years
    Last night I decided to go to the dark cave to search for heart scale and a dunsparce. I was suprise by the dunsparace too. Instead of heart scale I find a max either in the rumble. I was hoping for a heart scale. I search the whole area in the dark cave and I couldn't find any. Does anyone know a good place to look? Also I want to know where to check the iv's that the pokemon has in my party Let me know thanks. One more thing. I've tried taking a leftover from red's snorlax and it doesn't work. Why? I need a leftover so thats why I decide to take his. I could also take the e4, but its too much work.
    Well, give this video a shot if you are Desperate about the Leftovers.
    Code:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3paHCDi8uHs

Years
    • Seen Aug 2, 2021
    Quick question: According to internet guides, I should be able to find Rhyhorn and Lapras in the Safari Zone. However, after hours of searching I cannot seem to come across even one. What's the deal?

Bear

Fascist baby.
    Years
    Quick question: According to internet guides, I should be able to find Rhyhorn and Lapras in the Safari Zone. However, after hours of searching I cannot seem to come across even one. What's the deal?

You should check out Serebii's page on HG/SS's Safari Zone. It's different to how Safari Zones have worked before, depending on which pokemon you want to come across.

Lapras apparently needs at least 10 Water objects placed in the rocky beach area to make an appearance.

Rhyhorn on the other hand can simply be found in the Savannah area. Only in daylight though. Just keep looking.

Years
    • Seen Aug 2, 2021
    You should check out Serebii's page on HG/SS's Safari Zone. It's different to how Safari Zones have worked before, depending on which pokemon you want to come across.

Lapras apparently needs at least 10 Water objects placed in the rocky beach area to make an appearance.

Rhyhorn on the other hand can simply be found in the Savannah area. Only in daylight though. Just keep looking.

After looking though Serebii's guide, I can see that I've been searching the Wasteland thinking it was the Savannah. But now I don't think I even have the Savannah zone...? What's going on?

Bear

Fascist baby.
    Years
    After looking though Serebii's guide, I can see that I've been searching the Wasteland thinking it was the Savannah. But now I don't think I even have the Savannah zone...? What's going on?

You must just be missing it. I'm sure there is a map function in the Safari zone that shows the different areas. Use it and find your bearings, then head to the Savannah bit.

Years
    Hi I'm trying to get my elekid to learn ice punch and crosschop. So I was wondering if I get a female machop that knows ice punch and crosschop. Will my elekid learn it too. If so what are options on the gender. Is it going to be either a male or female. Let me know. Thanks.

Sapeiro

Random Trainer
    Years
    Hi I'm trying to get my elekid to learn ice punch and crosschop. So I was wondering if I get a female machop that knows ice punch and crosschop. Will my elekid learn it too. If so what are options on the gender. Is it going to be either a male or female. Let me know. Thanks.

Actually, for your future Elekid to know Ice Punch and Cross Chop, you would need a male from the Machop evolutionary line who knows both, and a female Electabuzz/Electivire.

I don't get what do you want to say by "options on the gender", and yes, obviously, it is going to be either male or female, as there isn't another possibility for an Elekid to be.

Hope this help (actually, the first paragraph would suffice).

/EDIT:

And I just meganinja'ed someone. Lol =P

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday
    LET'S TRY THIS AGAIN!

To get a baby Elekid, you'll need to breed a female Electrabuzz/Electrive to a male Machop/choke/champ. The baby Pokemon is the species of the mother in pairings such as this.

That, and I believe that baby Pokemon learn Egg moves from their father, so you'll need a male Machop/choke/champ with the two moves that you want to pass on to the Elekid.

So just change the genders of the two Pokemon, and that should work.

If you're asking what the resulting gender of the baby will be, Elekid are 75% male, 25% female.

Christopher

Hear Me Roar
    Years
    ??? Do you mean can two males make an egg the answer is no thats pretty basic right there
    if you mean can a Male make a Male baby then well yeah if I understood you wrong I'm sorry

Also if you are talking about your Elekid it has a 75% male 25% female ratio if that is what your talking about ???

Edit: Leftovers can be obtained Via Pickup Levels 81-100 pretty rare though

Last edited:
    Years
    I want to know something. I'm planning to redo my team as level one. Right now I want to know as the pokemon grow to the last stage will the nature change with it or no. Please let me know. thanks.

Back