• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

HG/SS Help Thread

Years
  • I couldnt find this question answered anywhere in here.

Just curious, what happens to the third johto starter pokemon? Does anybody know.
    Does it go to some random trainer you never meet in game, maybe to Ethan/Lyra. Ive been wondering for quite a while.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • I don't think it is ever mentioned, actually. It randomly disappears and there's no story bit to what happened to it or the such. Interestingly, in Gold/Silver/Crystal though, the Pokemon stayed in the lab. I presume it's a random trainer of no consequence who got it, really.

Or maybe Elm ate it

Years
  • Well in that case you dont happen to know what a certain phone call is supposed to mean.
    I chose Totodile as my starter, which means the thief rival takes Chikorita.
    I randomly got a phone call one day, and then a second another day, from Lyra telling me I should take Cyndaquil for a walk on Route 42 or something. :/

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
    Years
  • Well in that case you dont happen to know what a certain phone call is supposed to mean.
    I randomly got a phone call one day, and then a second another day, from Lyra telling me I should take Cyndaquil for a walk on Route 42 or something. :/

That would probably just be a simple problem with the variables on which starter you chose. There could be a bit of faulty programming that mixed up two variables for that one call, or something.

JakeyBoy

Riddle me this
    Years
  • No. It's not in battle, so the ability doesn't work. Not to mention I don't believe you have any Pokemon with you in the Safari Zone anyway.

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
  • I believe the concept for Safari zone was Ball, Food, Rock(or other substitute), Run. In the Bug Catching Contest you get to use your pokemon though, so I am pretty sure that would apply.

Shiny Gardevoir

I huntz shiniez
    Years
  • I couldnt find this question answered anywhere in here.

Just curious, what happens to the third johto starter pokemon? Does anybody know.
    Does it go to some random trainer you never meet in game, maybe to Ethan/Lyra. Ive been wondering for quite a while.
    If it's an anime, it's going to a new trainer. who woke up late for his/her first pokemon
    I remember in the old game, when you click on the last pokeball, it tells you it's Oak's last pokemon so you shouldn't take it. Maybe that's same for Elm...

Years
  • If it's an anime, it's going to a new trainer. who woke up late for his/her first pokemon
    I remember in the old game, when you click on the last pokeball, it tells you it's Oak's last pokemon so you shouldn't take it. Maybe that's same for Elm...

yeah elm probably took it

Years
  • in the room in the bottom floor of the pokemon center... where you can do trades and stuff with friend codes... what's the thing that says battle frontier do?

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
  • I think I have used that awhile back. Basically it lets you compete in the battle frontier with other players. You go in there and they have you choose the specific facility you wish to challenge with the other player.

NDS525

-NO SIGNAL-
    Years
    • Seen May 10, 2012
    What's a good hold item for Nidoking?

I just got a Nidoking [ :king: =D ] in Soul Silver and when it comes to attacks it's extremely flexible. I'm giving all my Pokemon Type-enhancing items, but I can't figure out what to give Nidoking. Any tips?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Dec 28, 2010
    Well, if you're looking for Poison/Ground type enhancing items what about Poison Barb or Soft Sand? I'd recommend Black Sludge. It's like Leftovers but for Poison types. :)

Years
  • ok what's up with nidoking/queen? I seem to remember them being really strong pokemon but I have them and they're like really weak. what's up with that?

NDS525

-NO SIGNAL-
    Years
    • Seen May 10, 2012
    Well, if you're looking for Poison/Ground type enhancing items what about Poison Barb or Soft Sand? I'd recommend Black Sludge. It's like Leftovers but for Poison types. :)

Yeah, I was thinking soft sand...

Maybe Leftovers/Black Sludge...

Thanks!

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • ok what's up with nidoking/queen? I seem to remember them being really strong pokemon but I have them and they're like really weak. what's up with that?
    They're not exactly "weak." They're just underwhelming. Nidoqueen specializes in defending while Nidoking specializes in attacking. Nidoqueen's defensive stats of 90 HP/87 Defense/85 Special Defense fall short of other defensive Pokemon, such as Blastoise. Nidoking's offenses of 92 Attack/85 Special Attack fall short of other offensive Pokemon such as Lucario.

PaxAmericana

Resident Peacekeeper
    Years

What Lyra meant was if you had a Cyndaquil through trade or other methods, take it to Route 42.

Years
  • Im after an area to gain some levels for battling against the Elite 4 (round 2) and then Red afterwards.
    4 of the 6 in my team are under Lv.60 as they were somewhat later additions to the team.
    Any ideas?

Back