• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

HGSS Buildings

Reck

?????
Years
    • Age 29
    • Ohio
    • Seen Jul 22, 2016
    .::Reck's Exhibit of Tiles::.

.:Background:.
    Most of you know me right? If not hopefully you will get to know me. My name is Reck I'm a tile spriter, I always do my best to make tiles that pleas the other members. I need your opinions to allow me to become an amazing spriter, but if you something like "These tiles are bad" or something like that without telling me what to fix I will never get better. So anyway I've babbled on long enough. So hear are my sprites!

HGSS:
    2lmta94.png

Custom:
    20aw2sh.png

Last edited:

Reck

?????
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Ohio
    • Seen Jul 22, 2016
    Thanks for the comments guys. There will be different colors don't worry. For now its just buildings afterward i will do all the other things.

Also a small update on the small build. I need someone toe send a screen shot of a PC and a mart from HGSS. For now i will be working on Cherrygroove houses.

Reck

?????
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Ohio
    • Seen Jul 22, 2016
    Alright i added two cherrygrove houses and a pc. I'll be changing the color of the windows soon. Please leave some comments.

Years
    • Seen Jun 18, 2011
    it's very beauty ..... ^^ i very love it ....
    hope u will release next update ......

Reck

?????
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Ohio
    • Seen Jul 22, 2016
    Hey everyone i updated again. Now I've got a mart, gym and a house from the next town. C+C please. Also I hope you all have a nice Thanksgiving!(though I'm 3 days early, lol)

Years
  • Ah, they're nice. I love the colouring. I especially love the PC, it's much better than my attempt at it. Keep it up, these are all great so far.

Peeky Chew

Master of Palettes
    Years
  • Really like your tiles, I'd say they are the best HG/SS ones I've seen so far. Although I would advise raising the opacity by about 5% just to give it an extra kick.
    Really anticipating another update, how about the magnet train?

GFA

Mega Blastoise is my homeboy
    Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2018
    How are you spriting without references? Are you ripping off of Serebii or something? Also, my own personal qualm. Stop, everyone rips of Kyle.

Reck

?????
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Ohio
    • Seen Jul 22, 2016
    Ah, they're nice. I love the colouring. I especially love the PC, it's much better than my attempt at it. Keep it up, these are all great so far.

Thanks.

XD reminds me of HG/SS towns and routes

Maybe because it is HGSS...

Really like your tiles, I'd say they are the best HG/SS ones I've seen so far. Although I would advise raising the opacity by about 5% just to give it an extra kick.
    Really anticipating another update, how about the magnet train?

Well I'm spriting by cities... though the train will come eventually

I like it. but the only thing you need to do is add a pokemart sign to the pokemart. ok?

Oppps forgot about that lol

How are you spriting without references? Are you ripping off of Serebii or something? Also, my own personal qualm. Stop, everyone rips of Kyle.

Nah i have a HG rom that I'm using as reference...

Thanks for the comments... There should be an update soon.

I updated with a ruins of alf (?) tomb and a pokemart sign. C+C plz!

Last edited by a moderator:

venom12

Pokemon Crystal Rain Relased
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Dec 28, 2023
    Tiles are great, but you can work little more on PokeCenter, its looks little bad.

Years
    • Seen Aug 16, 2010
    Pokemart:

The distance between the door/window and the roof is a bit too high.
    Those black lines inside the wall should be a bit thicker.
    And the diagonal sides should be much shorter.

Peeky Chew

Master of Palettes
    Years
  • I've been having a look around a lot of other mappers topics and I think the two things that you need to improve the most on yours are, the Poke mart and the gym.
    The gym just looks a little 2d compared to everything else.
    And the mart pretty much needs a complete overhall as I can't see how it would be fixed.

Hope this helps.

Back