• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen HGSS have been in the works for more then 3 years and other tidbits.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    Well at that point it could have been a small discussion leading into bigger plans, which happened to have been been told now. Plus, I think their hints in DPPt was their way of trying to let out the secret without giving it away too much.

Aether

Preparing Emergency Food
    Years
    This is good news, the fact that the remakes will probably leave out most of the fluff from other 4th gen games like the Underground and Battle Frontier will free up more memory for Kanto stuff.

Years
    • Age 30
    • CA
    • Seen Mar 2, 2023
    Don't really see how this is surprising... The game is being released in the fall, there's Johto data in D/P.. I expected pretty much all that he said there.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    Well, other than expecting the game to come, it's the thought that so much more might be added into the game that makes it so worthwhile.

Years
    So that's why Diamond and Pearl's gameplay seemed so half-baked and sluggish. They were working on another game at the same time! I was kinda hoping for another FR/LG, but if they put this much effort into it, who am I to complain?

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    They actually do seem like they've been working harder on this game unlike any other.

Years
    • Age 30
    • CA
    • Seen Mar 2, 2023
    They actually do seem like they've been working harder on this game unlike any other.

And you've gotten that from what again? A couple of screen shots and one blog (I think) post? Oooookay. Doesn't really seem any different than usual to me.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    Well considering that the game has been given so much attention for the past few years, and with all the things that could be done to it now that it is being used for the DS, I would say they are working on it a lot harder than usual. Plus, those few little changes aren't always easy as it looks; it all takes time.

Speed

Skyward
    Years
    I'm guessing he was playing through the GBC games, to see what else he can add, there's a GBC on his desk.

I'm hoping this remake will be awesome.

Years
    • Age 30
    • CA
    • Seen Mar 2, 2023
    The only real changes we have seen are new sprites and tiles. And since when have they been giving it "so much attention over the years"? You do know that nintendo and gamefreak can say anything they want right?

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    The only real changes we have seen are new sprites and tiles. And since when have they been giving it "so much attention over the years"? You do know that nintendo and gamefreak can say anything they want right?

Yes, but misleading fans wouldn't be such a smart thing to do for such a popular fanchise. Plus, with everything that has been hinted off in DPPt, it seems like they trule have been heavily planning this for a while.

@ Speed, him playing a DS and the original GS games, only reasons why he could have one of the best jobs ever. =D

BHwolfgang

kamikorosu
    Years
    I hope that they don't rush completing this game. I want it to be as complete and thought-out as possible, even if I have to wait a couple more months.

The reason why we just saw only a few sneak peaks is because it was just announced a few weeks ago. One can't expect half of the game to be shown on the day it was announced.

PatJamma

From the ashes
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 8, 2022
    hmm well I guess the "rumored" GSDS box arts were not a rumor after all

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    Well the box arts from a few years ago might have been false news, because the box art for HeartGold and SoulSilver still haven't been shown as yet. It can possibly be one of those things they are still working on until it draws closer to the release. Though yes, they should continue to take their time, because there's no need for anything to be rushed and get messed up in.

Years
    • Seen May 21, 2022
    Wow, I actually see a point in that having it been worked on for so long that it can be a international release, but there is no news on that right now. It would definitely be a big hit like that if it were to happen though.

If it is ,I'm going to get it just like I got Gold/Silver, on my birthday. Since Gamfreak announced that they did not want to make any future remakes, I think the Hoenn legends should be in here,. Groudon should be on Mt. Ember, Kyogre on the Seafoam Islands and Rayquaza in the Power Plant.Latios/Latias would be roaming Pokemon and Jirachi should be acquired by either a special Nintendo event or by going to the moon. This could happen after the National Dex is acquired after beating the Johto Elite Four, and I believe the National would be needed because there are going to be more Hoenn ,Sinnoh and Kanto Pokemon like in FR/LG.

A skateboard might be implemented not as a replacement but like how there was a Mach/Aero Bike in RSE.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    If it is ,I'm going to get it just like I got Gold/Silver, on my birthday. Since Gamfreak announced that they did not want to make any future remakes, I think the Hoenn legends should be in here,. Groudon should be on Mt. Ember, Kyogre on the Seafoam Islands and Rayquaza in the Power Plant.Latios/Latias would be roaming Pokemon and Jirachi should be acquired by either a special Nintendo event or by going to the moon. This could happen after the National Dex is acquired after beating the Johto Elite Four, and I believe the National would be needed because there are going to be more Hoenn ,Sinnoh and Kanto Pokemon like in FR/LG.

A skateboard might be implemented not as a replacement but like how there was a Mach/Aero Bike in RSE.

Skateboard idea is cool, but it was proven to be false news about a week ago. Sorry...

Though, as for the no more remake announcement, I would strongly believe they meant for current time, as the 5th Gen might be the next thing they work on. So, after all these three long years, I wouldn't really enjoy it if they add all those Hoenn Legendaries into the game. They've been apparently been taking a long time with the game since DP and I think they should carefully plan on what they do and not go overboard.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    This is surprising...how? I would have been surprised if they hadn't been working on this for over a year at least, tbh - how things tend to go, really. Given the data in DP...

Also; how much were they working on this three years ago? They may have been working on it slowly at first, of course, and given that Platinum came in-between I'm not to sure that means that all of their staff would have focused so much on just the GS remake.

Either way though, we'll see how the game turns out, no matter how much time they have spent into hit. Hopefully they put some good time behind it and it shows though.

As for mentions of a possible world-wide release - nah, doubt it. Japan gets it first, then they use the few-months barrier to translate and all - and then following that, they have to change the whole NTSC to PAL and what-not as well, including other languages out there (of course, 'British English' is the same thing as the American English, apparently... >_<). It's been that way for games, and will continue so.
    Though, as for the no more remake announcement, I would strongly believe they meant for current time, as the 5th Gen might be the next thing they work on. So, after all these three long years, I wouldn't really enjoy it if they add all those Hoenn Legendaries into the game. They've been apparently been taking a long time with the game since DP and I think they should carefully plan on what they do and not go overboard.
    Don't forget the (vague) chance that we could always see another 4th gen game - and not necessarily by Game Freak either. There's Genius Sonority which are apparently going to make another game... but that's another subject. It could lean that way though if various Hoenn Pokemon don't turn up here.

Back