• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen HGSS have been in the works for more then 3 years and other tidbits.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    Well, you learn something every day, I suppose. =P For the sake of ease, I just pulled this from wiki:
    Most modern games take from one to three years to complete.
    And:
    Some games, however, can take much longer than the average time frame to complete. The most famous example of this is 3D Realms' Duke Nukem Forever. It was announced to be in production in April 1997 but as of April 2009, has yet to be released. Planning for Maxis' game Spore began in late 1999 and was released nine years later in September 2008.
    Varies a good deal. From the top of my head, Mother 3 (well, 'a' Mother 3 - bet changes were made in-between) had also been planned sometime in the mid-nineties on the SNES, but got moved, delayed and cancelled, then recalled, before being scrapped again, until it was released on the GBA in 2006 or something around then. But of course, such things aren't the norm for many games that got released. Which is just as well, I suppose?

Dunsparce

The Land Snake Pokemon
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    Like the announcment of the games themselves, I'm really not very surprised, as their Japanese release date is, after all, sometime this year.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    They've done a lot over the past few years and I can really see why it has taken so long. A remake wanted so long by fans would have needed careful consideration, plus as new gaming systems came out they probably had to keep going back to update and fix there changes to keep up with more modern technology for it.

_Prince_

Pikachu?
    Years
    This is good news, the fact that the remakes will probably leave out most of the fluff from other 4th gen games like the Underground and Battle Frontier will free up more memory for Kanto stuff.

Underground will still be there if I recall seeing the blue underground pipes(forgot) in the pics.

There's loads of space on the DS card, the thing is they don't use all of it up. They are able to add a ton of stuff

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    Underground will still be there if I recall seeing the blue underground pipes(forgot) in the pics.

There's loads of space on the DS card, the thing is they don't use all of it up. They are able to add a ton of stuff

The blue pipes from the vid were not confirmed to be the air vents like in DPPt. Though, it is true not always is the memory used up, so they might have a lot more they could use up for the remake to work with.

_Prince_

Pikachu?
    Years
    The blue pipes from the vid were not confirmed to be the air vents like in DPPt. Though, it is true not always is the memory used up, so they might have a lot more they could use up for the remake to work with.

Right, I stated it as a fact >> well, all we can do is speculate over it.

Yeah they have pleanty of memory to work, so that shouldn't be a problem if they intend to include new areas & features . :]

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    I just wonder how many new features they might be considering to add that might not have been included in DPPt.

Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2016
    I missed the picture so I feel a bit lost. But it's not hard to believe that they were working on this game for three years. Because if they want to make good money off this game they're going to have to do their best at it. Otherwise it's costing them money.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    I missed the picture so I feel a bit lost. But it's not hard to believe that they were working on this game for three years. Because if they want to make good money off this game they're going to have to do their best at it. Otherwise it's costing them money.

You hit the 'X' on that one. Plus, if they don't try to bring up the remake to higher standards, then all the money they put into it would have gone down the drain for nothing. So, putting time and effort into this has to be done with a lot more consideration. Which seems like what they are doing even this very moment.

Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2016
    You hit the 'X' on that one. Plus, if they don't try to bring up the remake to higher standards, then all the money they put into it would have gone down the drain for nothing. So, putting time and effort into this has to be done with a lot more consideration. Which seems like what they are doing even this very moment.

What 'x' it says, something like "This Image has been moved or deleted" :<. Yeah that's true. Because if they don't put in a lot of time and effort then this game isn't going anywhere. Well it woouldn't be going as far as it could.

Years
    • Seen Jul 28, 2023
    They have been working on the game for years and they mean to do it RIGHT! I bet that upon it's release, everybody will think that this is the best Pokemon game ever and that they did the originals more than justice!

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    I know there will be a few who are displeased, as you can never make everyone satified, but I'm sure they are putting in all they can do to give the game some life from the older originals back in 1999 and 2000.

Ayselipera

It makes sense that they have been working on this game
    for a couple years. It would be too much of a rush if they
    had announced the release just recently and then started
    piecing the game together. Especially with a release date
    in Japan for the fall.

Last edited:

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    ^ Now, if they had did that, I might have expected a bit of failure here and there with the game.

Back