• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hiding sprites

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2018
    Is there any way to do this before you release your game? Like putting them somewhere where the person who downloads it cannot alter the sprites?

ShadowFiendZX

Gym Leader
    Years
  • When you compress the game in an encrypted archive it will compress the sprites in a file with all other resources. The only files left after extracting the archive it exports will be Audio, Fonts, and PBS, you can delete the PBS folder after this point as it is compiled. Fonts and Audio you will need to keep.

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2018
    When you compress the game in an encrypted archive it will compress the sprites in a file with all other resources. The only files left after extracting the archive it exports will be Audio, Fonts, and PBS, you can delete the PBS folder after this point as it is compiled. Fonts and Audio you will need to keep.

Thanks so much! :) I can feel safe now with my sprites haha

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
    Years
  • Thanks so much! :) I can feel safe now with my sprites haha

Hahaha, actually, you can't. Games compressed with RMXP's encryption method can easily be decrypted and unpacked through external software. So all your resources can be accessed. My game fell victim to this, and I don't know if there is any solid method to prevent this. Someone posted a more secure method here, but since I haven't tried it out, I can't guarantee you that it will work.

Back