• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Higurashi no Naku Koro Ni

Ichikool

D/P Lover
Years
    • Age 32
    • NY
    • Seen Feb 26, 2018
    I absolutely loved it. I've watched Higurashi no Nako Koro ni and Kai, and the first episode of Rei because they only have one or two episodes of that season subbed. I know it's all filler-nonsense but I saw the first episode of Rei and... it's soooo funny. XD
    I was amazed how addicted I was to this show, it being so sick and all at times. But I just couldn't stop watching! My friend Alyson convinced me to watch it after watching Elfen Lied (found out Higurashi was nothing compared to that) and became a fan of the series. Only took me about two weeks to watch it since I was so addicted. I love Rika, Satoko, and Hanyuu, hau hauu! And Keiichi is pretty awesome too. I love his laugh. It's not an evil laugh like the girls' but it's funny... like nerdy. I might watch the seires again, hehehe.

Umineko no Nako Koro ni is pretty good so far too. I just wish more chapters would be translated sooner. Ahh I love the main character all ready. <3 xD

Finnel

Years
  • I watched the first season during its original run on Japanese TV and quite liked it. I quickly started looking into the visual novels and started slowly reading through them.

The first season is okay, violence is nice and all, but the story was messed up a lot due to them having to fit six whole arcs into one 26-episode season. I actually had to watch the first season twice to even get a general idea of what was going on. Second season's great, though it wasn't as popular with most of the fans due to adapting the arcs with less violence. =|
    Rei is okay so far. The first filler episode was terrible (I'm not a fan of nonsensical fanservice-filler episodes for serious animes) but the second one, where the Dice Killer arc starts, is quite good.

Who's everyone's favorite character(s)? I'm quite a fan of Shmion and the male side-characters. (Tomitake, Irie and Mr. Delicious.) The Shmion twins are just so delightfully confusing and the guys are simply charming.
    I'm not a huge fan of Rena and Hanyuu, though. Rena's usual personality is like an extreme, annoying fangirl, and her batshit personality is just unlikable and insane.
    Spoiler:

Reina

pandasaur!
    Years
  • Ooh, recently at Borders I saw it, so I bought the second in the demon arc. I just bought the first one and finished it.. yeah, a little out of order. xD; But point is, I'm awaiting the release of the next ones, I love it so far~ Its fast paced, crazy, and has a nice element of mystery.

Aeteryn

»»» Lᴜсκʏ☆Sтᴀʀ Fᴏʀᴇᴠᴇʀ «««
    Years
    • Seen Nov 1, 2010
    Hanyuu moe~

I haven't watched the English dub, and I doubt I will, considering the stuff I keep hearing about the voice acting.
    The show itself is one of the greatest I've ever seen, even though I don't usually like violence... Something about it kept me watching. Dunno what it was.

Though I do consider Kai to be an incredibly epic season...
    I mean, how often do you get to see
    Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Aug 4, 2009
    I looove higurashi~
    I just bought the first manga, and i loved it too. ^__^

Rena's my favorite,
    I don't usually like the girl characters either.

Their laughs are hilarious.

Years
    • Seen Nov 6, 2023
    I'm definitely a huge fan of Higurashi. I've only watched the first season and a few episodes of Kai so far, but I absolutely love it. xD
    The final episode of the first season was by far my favourite, it was just great in every possible way.

Snivi

..•.¸¸•´¯`•.¸. ஐ
    Years
  • Its one of the best horror anime. ^^ I have only watched the first season so far but its just so good.

Years
    • Seen Oct 23, 2010
    Probably one of my favorite animes. I spent a good portion of my summer watching after I saw it in a list of recommended anime for fans of Elfen Lied and I turned out to like it better. I've bought both of the released manga so far and I am likeing it a little bit better. I even have a Mion figure on my desk. Now if I could only import a few of the games i'll be set.

Reina

pandasaur!
    Years
  • Question; I may start watching the anime rather than reading the manga.. Both actually, but I'll start watching it too. So sub or dub? Is the dub bad, or tolerable, or..?

Years
    • Seen Nov 6, 2023
    Question; I may start watching the anime rather than reading the manga.. Both actually, but I'll start watching it too. So sub or dub? Is the dub bad, or tolerable, or..?

I watched the first episode of the dub just out of curiosity after reading some of the comments here. To be honest, the only voice I actually liked was Keiichi's. Mion and Satoko's voices were pretty average, except Satoko's laugh was completely ruined if you ask me, and Rena and Rika's were pretty unbearable if you ask me.

A lot of the characters' speech patterns were basically ruined in translation, for example, one of the charms of Rika is the fact that she ends every sentence with "Desu". Also, a number of the jokes were removed with the translation.

So I'd definitely recommend watching it subbed rather than dubbed.

Evilyn

Termination Bliss
    Years
  • I just finished watching it recently. It was pretty good, and it kind of started making sense in Kai, I still think it's sad that that season was less homocidal though.

I think it was scary how Rena went from "OH MAI GAWD IT'S SO CUTE, I WANNA TAKE IT HOME!" to a killer psycho with a saw (?). xD

This is the only anime where I just couldn't watch one of the scenes, which is saying something considering it did that to me. Which scene you ask? FINGERNAILS. D8

Oh, and Akasaka is the anime version of Chuck Norris.

Last edited:

.inLOVE

el su bosillo <3
    Years
  • I've loved the anime since it came out. It's got such great characters, and an interesting plot.

Back