• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Hiyappu, Baoppu & Yanappu Discussion (new water/fire type monkey)

MistahDude

Primate Pokemon Master
    Years

I'd say Yanappu is found in the forest near the start of the game (assuming that is one, and that the trees behind Dento's gym can be reached, too). If not, White Forest? :D

I really hope he isnt a version exclusive. Dento having him hints at Yanappu being found in both games.

austy14

Cannibal
    Years
    It is confirmed there's a forest near the beginning, there were some pictures then I saw this website that showed where most of the pre-release pictues were taken. So yeah, probably there. I'll probably keep one on my team for a while :)

Satoshi_poketo monsta

Pokemon Master.
    Years
    Hahaha! That Pokemon really has some similar appearance to Aipom does it? At least this Pokemon look way more better than Aipom, And it will going to be one of my team of course! I really surprise seeing this Pokemon. Still, I love this Yanappu. Alright, Goodbye Aipom, And Hello Yanappu~

rocky505

<Now who's awesome!
    Years
    I really hope he isnt a version exclusive. Dento having him hints at Yanappu being found in both games.
    We have had Gym leaders with version exclusives before. Blaine had a growlithe and an Arcanine. Erika had both Victreebel and Vileplume.

pikachux2

Never Evolve
    Years
    these new pokemon are the worst yet, i personally dont like them.
    a monkey with a peice of broccoli stuck to its head??... im still thinking about preording Black.

Years
    • Seen Feb 14, 2011
    I think the broccoli monkey pokemon is cute xD. If it has an evo i might even use it.

Last edited:

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Let's not make this into a Generation 4 vs Generation 5 thread, guys.
    Besides, Generation 5 is better.

chihuahuaowner, spider type Pokemon? If you're thinking of Denchura (sp?), then discussing it in the Yanappu thread isn't the best idea.

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
    Years

I'd say Yanappu is found in the forest near the start of the game (assuming that is one, and that the trees behind Dento's gym can be reached, too). If not, White Forest? :D

I think so too. Maybe in Headbutt trees too (if they bring that feature back) or in honey trees (if the bring that feature back). OI reckon you will start battling them when pokemon in the wild start to reach level 14/15 (like Aipom).

Years
    • Seen Feb 12, 2012
    Yanappu is so precious! I can't wait for the game to come out in the USA. I will hunt Yanappu down! >: D

Calder

Gamertag: LycaNinja
    Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2011
    I actually hope he and Kibago are version exclusives... Yanappu on Black and Kibago on White... So I can get Kigabo and not see his ugly face besides the first gym leader.

Surmonter

Hear No Evil
    Years
    I actually hope he and Kibago are version exclusives... Yanappu on Black and Kibago on White... So I can get Kigabo and not see his ugly face besides the first gym leader.

DIE IN A FIRE!

>:(

I hope Yanappu isn't a version exclusive, because I want both, but I am probably only getting Black because of Reshiram.

RESHIRAM IS LOVE.

Back