• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Hiyappu, Baoppu & Yanappu Discussion (new water/fire type monkey)

AuraAshley1990

Moon night bomb
    Years
    • Seen Dec 24, 2011
    you know i never thought of it having brocolli on its head :| you sure its not some sort of tree thing?

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    So if one gimmick pokemon gets an evolution maybe the Monkey trio can also evolve, I wonder if they will all get a second typing upon evolution and if it might be the same...

Lord Yawgmoth

Lord of all Phyrexia
    Years
    I don't like primates, (That includes you humans!) but I will admit that the broccoli monkey is OK.
    If they make a trio however, I will be less then amused. I can deal with one broccoli monkey, but three?

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    I wish the water one was a play on the Sea Monkey! Maybe it's evolution will be. And maybe the Yanappu (sp?) is basically a play on the Tree Monkey? I dont know what the fire one will be.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    I wish the water one was a play on the Sea Monkey! Maybe it's evolution will be. And maybe the Yanappu (sp?) is basically a play on the Tree Monkey? I dont know what the fire one will be.
    I am hoping for the Sea monkey thing, actually I was going to post that it might be based on one but yeah we haven't seen the whole image yet...
    A fire monkey like what Inferape is based on (even though Inferape isn't a monkey (supposedly))

Rankurusu

WHITE VERSION AT LAST!!
    Years
    To me Grass types are my favorite, and this just reached near my all time favorite Grass types, I'm catching one first chance I get!

AliceBlaze

Shiny Collector
    Years
    I'm not sure if anyone has already thought of this theory, but maybe the monkey trio are like the Isshu region's Eeveelutions or Hitmons. All three of them might evolve from a normal type monkey.

Yams

Polursaring!
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 21, 2013
    I like this pokemon less than I like broccoli.

Hopefully it will evolve into something better, maybe Apesparagus?

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
    Years
    I am starting to wonder what the shiny form will be.... I hope it is a yellow colour, I think it might suit it.

Skara

THIS. IS. SEMPITERNAL.
    Years
    I love these guys, and I'm seconding AliceBlaze's notion on the new Eevee. but maybe in a different way. Not in that they'll all evolve from one Normal Type Monkey (lol Aipom), but maybe they're seperate Pokemon from different areas. Like Yanap being in the grass, Baop being in a Volcano and the other one being near water, and take one to an area and BAM! you get a Rock/??? Monkey (lets call him Ruggappu) based on who evolved. So a Stage 1 Monkey who's secondary type depends on the basic Pokemon. I'm hoping that will actually happen, it'd be nice to see split pre-evos or a change. And the Ruggappu will have Grass, Fire and Water forms. Inb4 someone makes a BW hack next year with Bao, Yan and the other one as starters.

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
    Years
    I dont think it will replace eevee or evolve into lots of different things. Just seems unlikely. I dont think Eevee will ever be replaced.

Skara

THIS. IS. SEMPITERNAL.
    Years
    I dont think it will replace eevee or evolve into lots of different things. Just seems unlikely. I dont think Eevee will ever be replaced.
    True, but it'd be nice to get a new one D:
    this is probs just the next Plusle & Minun (like we needed one after Gear >_<).

Btw, you guys know there's gonna be an RS remake right? It's confirmed that there'll be 156 past gen pokes in the entire game. Miltank and Luvdisc being obvious ones lol. But yeah, interesting....

AuraAshley1990

Moon night bomb
    Years
    • Seen Dec 24, 2011
    im personally happy they made a pokemon that has 2 other pokemon that are just like it except with different types. maybe they will be more useful then plusle and minun

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    True, but it'd be nice to get a new one D:
    this is probs just the next Plusle & Minun (like we needed one after Gear >_<).

Btw, you guys know there's gonna be an RS remake right? It's confirmed that there'll be 156 past gen pokes in the entire game. Miltank and Luvdisc being obvious ones lol. But yeah, interesting....

They never announced a remake so that is unconfirmed...and Miltank is a Johto not a Hoen Pokemon.

As for Gear...I hate him so much XD. Interesting way to use Plusel and Minun's abilities, but I don't like him. Seeing as Tag Team Pokemon were introduced when Double Battles were made, the Monkey Trio team seems appropriate for the new Triple battles.

AuraAshley1990

Moon night bomb
    Years
    • Seen Dec 24, 2011
    They never announced a remake so that is unconfirmed...and Miltank is a Johto not a Hoen Pokemon.

As for Gear...I hate him so much XD. Interesting way to use Plusel and Minun's abilities, but I don't like him. Seeing as Tag Team Pokemon were introduced when Double Battles were made, the Monkey Trio team seems appropriate for the new Triple battles.

i agree i dislike gear so much. it looks stupid plus i also dont like the fact that it has plusle and minuns ability.

Back