• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Hiyappu, Baoppu & Yanappu Discussion (new water/fire type monkey)

dieter57

pokemon master
    Years
    i thought it was real, then fake, then real again, but only to have been proven fake.
    but now it's real?
    i can't take it. but anyway......
    i like this one. a grass monkey will surely fit into my team nicely.

p.s. ironically B/W comes out in japan on my birthday! best birthday present ever!

coolnick37

Absolute Power
    Years
    Hiyappu, Baoppu & Yanappu Discussion (new water/fire type monkey)

Awwww! That sprite made me like it a lot more than I originally did.

Yaaah i really didnt like it back then. But now...I think i will add it in my team :D

Bay

Years
    i thought it was real, then fake, then real again, but only to have been proven fake.
    but now it's real?
    i can't take it. but anyway......
    i like this one. a grass monkey will surely fit into my team nicely.

p.s. ironically B/W comes out in japan on my birthday! best birthday present ever!
    As far as I know, there was a toy of it, but the Pokemon isn't confirmed yet. There was then a fake Coro-Coro scan, which featured that monkey and a few other Pokemon shown. After that, it was confirmed real on Pokemon Sunday recently. I think it's more real, fake, real there. :P Then again, I might have missed some rumors and such. D:

As for the sprite, I too thought Yanappu is cute there. So cheery. XD

Honest

Hi!
    Years
    I don't like it much, honestly. Reminds me of Aipom. Imo, it'll look more decent without broccoli sticking out of it's head.

Shnappy

First-ever pants pokemon
    Years
    I predict this Pokemon will have three stages: something kinda like the Slakoth line. Monkey, bigger monkey, enormous ape. I don't know why, that's just what my gut tells me.

Surmonter

Hear No Evil
    Years
    As far as I know, there was a toy of it, but the Pokemon isn't confirmed yet. There was then a fake Coro-Coro scan, which featured that monkey and a few other Pokemon shown. After that, it was confirmed real on Pokemon Sunday recently. I think it's more real, fake, real there. :P Then again, I might have missed some rumors and such. D:

As for the sprite, I too thought Yanappu is cute there. So cheery. XD

No, you're wrong.

The toy was revealed with Kibago's toy. Both were unconfirmed. Then, Kibago was revealed after the toy was, so that confirmed that the toy for this Pokemon and for Kibago were real.

Then a fake Coro Coro scan came, and it had two new fakemon. One showing a Pokemon based off Yanappu's toy but was NOT Yanappu and was confirmed fake, and still is fake.

Now, Yanappu is revealed and confirmed to be real.

The one in the fake Coro Coro scan was named Burokko.

Here is the fakemon previously revealed and Yanappu next to each other:

Hiyappu, Baoppu & Yanappu Discussion (new water/fire type monkey)

Fake is on the left. Real is on the right.

Also, don't be stupid and say "WELL THEY LOOK SIMILAR SO BUROKKO MUST BE REAL AND RELATED" like a lot of people are saying out of pure idiocy. Burokko looks like Yanappu because it was based off the toy of Yanappu that was already revealed. Burokko is still 100% fake, the creator said so themself. :| Plus, common sense says that any Pokemon revealed on a page along with fake Pokemon, everything on it is fake.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    And whether it has a tail or not, if it is classified as a Pig-Monkey Pokemon Primape is still a monkey...so to me it actually makes it the 5th
    Mankey and Monferno dont really count because they both evolve.
    and mankey is a monkey so that makes it the the 4th (yes i count monferno too)

You two, stop getting off-topic and start discussing Yanappu (which is the monkey in question), if you want to discuss what type of monkeys the other Pokemon are, don't do it here.

tente2

"Outta my way, dammit!"
    Years
    Absolutely hate it. It was horrible enough as a toy, but now it's hideous. It's the only pokemon that I hate of gen 5. All others are either great or mediocre.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    I like Ambipom, so I see nothing wrong with that. Although, I'd like for the new pokémon to have their own original design and not be the next region copy. I do wonder if Yanappu would be somewhat the same and evolve through a move from leveling up like Double Hit.
    Yanappu deserves to be its own pokémon though. Like I don't want it to be the next Aipom or the next Chimchar. If it does happen to have an evolution, I want it to look its own style. :)

Yanappu is rubbing off very quickly on me, the tree/broccoli piece on its head just reminds me to eat so it's helpful. n_n

The Red Chain

I do wonder if Yanappu would be somewhat the same and evolve through a move from leveling up like Double Hit.
    You gotta admit, that was a desperate attempt at a new way to evolve haha. XD
    I agree for the most part. I would be majorly disappointed if this cute little veggy monkey ends up looking like another one of the apes/monkeys upon evolution. </3

.. I just thought of a bigger Yanappu with a more muscular build and a huge flower on his head.. winking and giving a thumbs up. Now that would be hilariously awesome as an evolution. (b'o')b

Darn you Derk and your influence.

austy14

Cannibal
    Years
    I think it's amazingly cute. I mean it's a cute monkey, and a vegetable! I can see where that would be some health commercial... serving of veggies with every battle! But I would laugh if Aloe had one. She's a cook, and you cook broccoli, so... but I wonder if it might be anything like sudowoodo, it can pretend to be broccoli in a salad then jump up and run off with the lettuce. Or something like that. But either way, I think it's cute and I want one :)

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I really hope it doesn't evolve... since to me, it's just Aipom all over again - just this time without an evolution. Same for Hihidaruma.

Hamilton

*Creative Quote Goes Here*
    Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2016
    i don't really want it to evolve either, but if it does i want it to become "cool" to replace the "cute"
    kinda like how Torchic evolved (going from the cutest thing evar to the most badassness evar)

Back